GDT: Wednesday in Chicago: Oct. 15. Where's Johnny #3!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm extremely surprised by Byron's inability to finish on three consecutive breakaways these last couple of games. He's usually money on breakaways.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I would just sign Brodie to a 6 year, 6 million dollar contract right now so we don't have to overpay after the season ends. I know the 6x6 is kind of Oileresque, but Brodie is anything but. He took a bridge contract the previous summer and his play is now on a whole new level. He sprung Byron for a breakway twice, led the rush on the OT goal, was an absolute stud in the defensive zone tonight and took away some easy goals for the Hawks.

Even if he didn't have 5 points in 5 games, I would still be just as blown away by TJ.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
We just won a game versus a stanley cup contender, chill and have fun.

jd-strut-o.gif

Aug 3, 2010
@CoachBobHartley: You know like if dat wasn't a eye stick den I will eat Burkie's shorts

@CoachBobHartley: SACRE BLEU you know like Burkie ee have big shords

:laugh: :laugh: gold!

That account is priceless.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Flames have a winning record.. wow. I haven't felt like this since about the same time last year.

Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg · 48m 48 minutes ago
By my count, the #Flames above the .500 mark for the first time since October 26th of 2013 after a 5-2 home win over Washington.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Well there was definitely two times I counted where he wasn't attempting to move at all that directly resulted in a Chicago chance, so I'm not sure about that.

Realistically, Glencross has never been the most complete player, and I think the way Hartley has the rest of the team playing has highlighted that. Glencross could blend into the Flames team of a couple years ago and gain favour with a few flashes of brilliance and well timed goal scoring streaks, but things are changing. So you're right, he doesn't look good when you see him playing next to a guys like Backlund and Byron, who skate their ***** off every shift.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Same goes for Wideman. I'm sorry but if you call tonight a 'very good' game then I'm watching a different hockey game.

Gio, Brodie, Russell and very good games, but Wideman, no. Much like I quoted above about Glencross, is almost similar in Wideman's case. It's not biased. I don't look for mistakes, and I'm mega critical of players like that when you watch:
Byron, Backlund, Bollig, Raymond, JG, Money, Hudler, Stajan, Grats, Gio, Brodie, Smid, Russel......put in EFFORT, and actually BUY IN to the system everyone else is playing, it's hard to not be critical of 5 games by seto/GlenX and 4 of Wideman. They are consistently a step behind, offiside, broken plays, through pre-season even.

Rant done, not biased, but holy chr!st there are more deserving players. seto was at least benched after the holding the stick call.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg · 48m 48 minutes ago
By my count, the #Flames above the .500 mark for the first time since October 26th of 2013 after a 5-2 home win over Washington.

I said ABOUT this time last year

Don't sass me deebz or I will call your gf and tell her to make you sleep on the couch :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad