Patriots/NFL Wednesday AFTERNOON Football???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Zimmer with the dumbest decision of the year. Take the points there and make Seattle get the TD and 2 pointer to tie and go to OT.

I get the thought process behind it, but man, just stupid stupid stupid.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Zimmer with the dumbest decision of the year. Take the points there and make Seattle get the TD and 2 pointer to tie and go to OT.

I get the thought process behind it, but man, just stupid stupid stupid.

How about the TD before? Why kick an extra point and go up by 5? 5 does nothing for you. If you go for two and get it and go up by 6, you at least make them kick an extra point in the rain.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The "math" says Zimmer made the right call going for it on 4th and inches. Shame on them for not being able to convert there. There was also a 4th down prayer where the corner was in good position and then just totally botched the play and lost where the ball was. Seahawks pulled it out of their ass.

Seidenbergy is the Broncos fan here. Some of their players took to Twitter to complain about losing their bye week and the fact they practiced all week. I don't have a link but Fangio basically said he was keeping track of the "whiners" and who can't handle the adversity. Sheesh, that doesn't seem like the right approach!

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I hate to do this because it's such cliche opinion, but Metcalf wouldn't have fit here as well. He went to the offense that fit him the best. That Seahawks offense is tailor-made for him. He's a great go-route runner and he's got the best deep ball thrower in the league.

The problem is that Harry really isn't a great fit for the offense either. I think they got excited about the contested catch ability, the run after catch, and, don't laugh, but Harry's blocking. They needed someone different, but it hasn't worked out.

A.J. Brown and Deebo Samuel were the best fits in that class, but both were looked at as slot receivers, while Harry could play outside. The problem with that is that if you watched any of Harry's college tape it would show that he played best from the slot.

What they really need is some kind of exchange program withe the Steelers. The Steelers teach them how to draft WRs, and then the Patriots teach the Steelers professionalism and discipline.

Reactions: GabeTravels

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Couple other thoughts...

The Cleveland Browns are 4-1. That should automatically make Stefanski coach of the year.

Claypool for the Steelers. They continue to find receivers in the draft.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Two more...

With the Falcons 0-5 and the Niners benching Jimmy G, if you could ever make the money work...Matt Ryan to the Niners to reunite with Shanahan would be interesting. They're probably stuck with Garoppolo now and they were kicking the tires on Brady in the offseason.

Alex Smith. Did any of you see that E60 show on him? If you did, truly incredible he made it all the way back. Great story.

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Two more...

With the Falcons 0-5 and the Niners benching Jimmy G, if you could ever make the money work...Matt Ryan to the Niners to reunite with Shanahan would be interesting. They're probably stuck with Garoppolo now and they were kicking the tires on Brady in the offseason.

Alex Smith. Did any of you see that E60 show on him? If you did, truly incredible he made it all the way back. Great story.

Garoppolo actually has had most of his guaranteed money paid. They can cut him after this season and only have a dead cap hit of 2.8 million.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I get that Haskins isn’t a Rivera pick but a bit surprised he’s pretty much on the outs already.

in bills ideal world Jimmy gets cut and we get another rebound QB on the cheap next season. I do wonder what he’d have gotten for a contract had he stayed here

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Two more...

I know Matt Ryan has a huge dead cap hit if he's traded or released, so that may get in the way of the Falcons getting rid of him.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Wish I went bigger on Chargers moneyline.

I am still FURIOUS at Brady to losing to Brees week 1 and costing me 3.5k.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
5-0 this week in my pick 5 against the spread leading my money league of 53 members

would be nice to win twice in four years that comes in handy if the pandemic ends and the Bruins play in Prague

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Feel like this could be said every year.

"Well they lost another one score game"
I once watched some video about how the 2008 Chargers had the best offense and best defense in the league and statistically were one of the best teams of the past twenty years, and they went 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

Reactions: CDJ

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I once watched some video about how the 2008 Chargers had the best offense and best defense in the league and statistically were one of the best teams of the past twenty years, and they went 8-8 and missed the playoffs.
It's amazing that for pretty much two decades, multiple coaches, players, etc., That the Chargers are STILL doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad