Patriots/NFL Wednesday AFTERNOON Football???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This whole thing is a gong show.

Feels like only a matter of time before it gets shut down.

Bubble play isn’t sustainable for leagues due to the lost gate revenue (although NFL has the most lucrative television package), but they had time to figure out a modified regional bubble with 4 sites.

Before what gets shut down? The season? That ain't happening.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I would treat it like a preseason game. Lot of back ups getting reps. Have Uche and Jennings and Harris (if ready) active. Don’t need to put anything on film for KC in this game
all these covid sports are pre season.
nowhere near the same

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Looks like the game will be Monday and as of now there are no further positives
I can't wait to listen to the radio tomorrow if it's only Cam. :popcorn:

Why not go with Stid if Newtons out? It could be his Bledsoe to Brady moment.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I mean it is a fair question to ask how he got it. I am not condemning him without knowing. But definitely a fair question.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I never “can’t wait” to listen to the radio in this city, Boston radio is the most toxic bullshit in all of sports media imo

It’s fair to ask but at the same time he could have gotten it getting food delivered to his house so unless photos come out of him in a club then I think people shouldn’t assume anything because it just makes an ass out of u and me. This is a highly contagious disease and these guys are not in a bubble- as we learned with the MLB this stuff is inevitable.

I have no clue how nobody else on the pats tested positive

Reactions: Richard Lather

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Not gonna assume but I am pretty sure the Patriots and NFL will be asking him. Not just to find out if he was doing something he shouldn't but for contact tracing.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don't know how it all works but if he picked it up at night and then got tested next day. Do they test the players outside? How long does it take for results?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I don't know how it all works but if he picked it up at night and then got tested next day. Do they test the players outside? How long does it take for results?

I'm pretty sure I read that they get tested in the morning and then get their results that night, which becomes an issue when you realize he was around other people in the organization on Friday after he was tested. The incubation period is standardly a few days, so it's not like he got it Thursday and then tested positive on Friday. I'd bet he probably got it Monday or Tuesday. Tuesday is the players' day off, so that would make sense, though based on everything we've heard about him, I'd bet Newton was still in the building.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Double-header MNF with some overlap:

Patriots-Chiefs Time: When Teams Reportedly Will Kick Off Monday Night - NESN.com

As of now, the game is scheduled at 7 PM on CBS, with ESPN's MNF pushed back a little to an 8:50 kickoff time.

It absolutely will be shown locally - the only question is if CBS is allowed to show it nationally. It'll definitely do better than their current COVID schedule: one fresh hour of Big Brother, followed by two hours of new-to-broadcast shows (One Day at a Time x2, Manhunt: Deadly Games, all aired previously on other networks).

Given the choice, there's no way CBS doesn't shelve Monday's programming for MNF+ and move Big Brother to Tuesday, delaying the other two series for a week. The only question is how exclusive ESPN's MNF is. They'll no doubt be annoyed that their marquee game is being overshadowed - although no doubt it'll be a less competitive game without Cam.

More importantly: Someone tell me when my Jeopardy! airs.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not gonna assume but I am pretty sure the Patriots and NFL will be asking him. Not just to find out if he was doing something he shouldn't but for contact tracing.

I’d imagine you’re absolutely correct

I’m just hoping it’s a false positive because I just don’t see how absolutely nobody else has it. That’s gotta be impossible. They were all on a plane together for hours. I feel like Cam talks to every player on the roster like 10 times a day too, he’s got a lightning rod personality. Got nicknames for everybody. They literally huddle up and breathe heavily all over each other. Strange

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I’d imagine you’re absolutely correct

I’m just hoping it’s a false positive because I just don’t see how absolutely nobody else has it. That’s gotta be impossible. They were all on a plane together for hours. I feel like Cam talks to every player on the roster like 10 times a day too, he’s got a lightning rod personality. Got nicknames for everybody. They literally huddle up and breathe heavily all over each other. Strange

Mike Lombardi said that he tested positive twice, so he definitely has it. His son is the WR coach, so he would know.

You're right that the fact that no one else has it doesn't make much sense knowing how much contact a QB would have with everyone else. This probably goes back to how little we know about COVID.

Reactions: CDJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm convinced that Brady isn't physically worse than he has been in the past, but he's made so many more questionable decisions the last couple of years.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I'm convinced that Brady isn't physically worse than he has been in the past, but he's made so many more questionable decisions the last couple of years.
Brady relies on his receivers seeing the same things he does. That's why he likes throwing to veterans who can read defenses. No surprise that in both his pick 6s he was throwing to the same guy , Justin Watson. He's the 4th WR only in the game due to injuries to Godwin and Evans. On both plays he didn't come back to the ball after Brady threw to a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad