Post-Game Talk: Wed., Mar. 26, 2014| Flyers 1 at Rangers 3

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Rangers fans already looking past us in the playoffs because of this win. :laugh:

They are not necessarily wrong ?

Goal - Rags
Defense - Rags
Fwds - Tie

Regarding point threats, Streit is that guy as he has an above average shot, but he seems to have Kimmo pass syndrome ever since he got to the Flyers ?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Rangers fans already looking past us in the playoffs because of this win. :laugh:

Well when you consider they will likely have home ice they shouldn't be overly worried. That all changes with a single rd win which they can obviously get with a little luck.

This would be ideal for the pens. Rags eliminate us and pens have a lot better shot till Boston. They especially own the rangers.

Hank is good but they collapse around him and block everything. I think if we start driving to the net and faking shots we will have better success and get some pp

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Hartnell is a serious problem. It seems like he is 50/50. One game he will play well and contribute and the rest, well... you saw it tonight.

I was a Lecavalier supporter even during his midseason struggles but, I now firmly believe he is what is holding back the 2nd line. Schenn is not the problem.

Be careful about dissing Hartnell. The Hartnell sympathists on here will crucify you for calling out boy blunder. Biggest mistake this club made was giving that man a 6 year/$25.5 million dollar extension. But it's ok though because he's a good locker room presence.....

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

Goal - Rags
Defense - Rags
Fwds - Tie

Regarding point threats, Streit is that guy as he has an above average shot, but he seems to have Kimmo pass syndrome ever since he got to the Flyers ?

I think the Flyers have the edge in forwards.

On the second images look at the goalies right top corner. That's where the puck goes in

Now I see it.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Man, this place gets way too hyped after wins and way too low after losses.

If one thing was clear last night, the Flyers were not expecting all the stretch passes early on. That completely caught them off guard and they fell back into a pretty conservative game plan in the offensive zone. They kept playing 1-2-2 to try and take away the walls, but it clearly wasn't working. This team has to play a 2-1-2 if they have any hopes of generating offense at even strength. They don't have natural talent or puck skills to play otherwise.
And the rags, like the debbies are also a team you just don't want to fall behind on. Different team with a lead.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Be careful about dissing Hartnell. The Hartnell sympathists on here will crucify you for calling out boy blunder. Biggest mistake this club made was giving that man a 6 year/$25.5 million dollar extension. But it's ok though because he's a good locker room presence.....

Yep, and just ignore the success he has had in his career because he had a bad game last night and a horrible start to the season(He was the only one of course)

Hartnell is one away from yet another 20 goal season and 3 points away from 50 points yet again but yes he is a mistake to have on this team. It's pretty funny how people can have a hate for certain players without any substantial evidence to back up their hate. It really just seems like you dislike the guy, which you are allowed to do but when people who see hartnell for what he is (second line/first line) tweener we provide evidence as of why. Also, watch the tape of the game, I saw on numerous times where Hartnell was back checking and playing pretty damn good defense. He came down low and supported the defense or even Giroux but we all chastise him for a bad game offensively. Voracek had a much worse game last night than Hartnell but he scored a goal in the last two minutes of the game so he gets a pass? That's the funny part.

The whole team was horrible starting with the captain down to the 6th dman. It was a tough game but what do we do afterwards? The players will move on but we will continue to look back at this game and make rash decisions because we lost a prime time game on the road.

We still have two games up on the Rangers while being only three points behind. Whoever is making it seem like this lose is the worst game of the season is just wrong. 10 games still left and we are still in a playoff spot. Was the game worrisome? Of course but I have faith the players aren't happy with the performance and will come back out next game swinging.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

I'd rather play the Penguins. We're a bad matchup with the Rangers as is, unless our coaching staff can come up with a better strategy for playing against them. Even then, that doens't mean the players could execute it.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.

Why do you hate Hartnell so much? He makes probably less than what the market would dictate and he consistently produces goals and creates space.

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
The thread about Wayne slashing McDonagh has gone from three things- 1. Wayne maliciously attempted to injure McDonagh 2. Slashing a player is worse than racism. 3. The history of racism.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Rangers fan coming in peace. I think you guys are being too hard on your team. I remember thinking in the 1st intermission that we were lucky to have that lead and that we were being outclassed. It evened out in the 2nd and 3rd, but I don't think the Flyers played all that poorly.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Rangers fan coming in peace. I think you guys are being too hard on your team. I remember thinking in the 1st intermission that we were lucky to have that lead and that we were being outclassed. It evened out in the 2nd and 3rd, but I don't think the Flyers played all that poorly.

There is no middle ground with Flyers fans. We are either the class of the NHL or Buffalo Sabers-esq.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Last night the wayne bashing included Wayne slashing a gloveless player. ONce their was video showing that wasn't the case their was no admitting to being wrong just more nonsense.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

Goal - Rags
Defense - Rags
Fwds - Tie

Nah, Flyers have a much deeper and talented forward group. Defense and Goaltending are different stories.:laugh:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Well, we are (at least many of us) from Philadelphia so it's kind of what we do. I do agree that the game could have gone better for us but that damn goalie you have...

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Slight over-reaction guys. We were some abysmal refereeing and one ludicrously good Lundy from winning that game.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

How dare you try to bring logic and reason in here. There is no place for that in this thread.

We lost. Everyone sucks and we will never win again. Rangers will sweep us out of the playoffs, if we even make it, and then the entire franchise is moving to Seattle and will be called the Failures. :rant:

Honestly, the only thing I'm actually mad at is certain players on the team who have consistently screwed us over and we've been basically winning in spite of them. Our coach refuses to make changes to improve the team so we're stuck with the same issues every game. This game was frustrating to watch but I'm not too worried about it. We're still in a playoff spot with the least amount of games played in the conference and we've shown we can beat any team if we play the way we can.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI

I agree with you, although I would say the Rangers controlled the second period.

Rangers are a hot team that played a very solid game, Mr. Hankie was on his game, Flyers would've needed to play spectacular in order to win last night.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah, a lot of NYR fans have been a bit cocky about our team for a few months now. I would love to play you guys in the playoffs just because it would be fun, not for any other reason. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad