Post-Game Talk: Wed., Mar. 26, 2014| Flyers 1 at Rangers 3

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
I was also wondering about the 2nd goal. I mean it went in but from the TV angle it looked like he did exactly what Lecavalier did against the Kings.

Holy ****, I just watched that and it really looks like the puck went post-crossbar-post!

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Man, this place gets way too hyped after wins and way too low after losses.

If one thing was clear last night, the Flyers were not expecting all the stretch passes early on. That completely caught them off guard and they fell back into a pretty conservative game plan in the offensive zone. They kept playing 1-2-2 to try and take away the walls, but it clearly wasn't working. This team has to play a 2-1-2 if they have any hopes of generating offense at even strength. They don't have natural talent or puck skills to play otherwise.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
The 2nd goal, in or not, is a great example of what is missing from the flyers lineup and is illustrated just about every time the flyers play the rangers and devils. There is not a single threat to score from the point on this team. Coburn can't hit the net. Timonen doesn't even try anymore looking for deflections instead. Streit has been a bust in that department. Luke Schenn cant get a shot past the forward in front of him which is usually a foot a way by the time he gets his shot off and usually will get a breakaway going the other way after the block. Not only can they not hit the net but none of them have been able to make a move at then blueline to open a shooting lane like McDonagh did. The defenders on this team constantly get shots blocked. Pressure the forwards to get rid of the puck and collapse the defense in front of the net and you will effectively neutralized the flyers offense.

Couple their terrible shooting with a below average ability to move the puck out of the defensive zone fast enough to create offense on the rush, and the flyers blueline is killing this team offensively. I know some fear moving a forward for a defenseman would hurt the goal scoring on this team, but having this group back there is doing it on its own. What good is forward talent if it is constantly outnumbered by opposing players.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The 2nd goal, in or not, is a great example of what is missing from the flyers lineup and is illustrated just about every time the flyers play the rangers and devils. There is not a single threat to score from the point on this team. Coburn can't hit the net. Timonen doesn't even try anymore looking for deflections instead. Streit has been a bust in that department. Luke Schenn cant get a shot past the forward in front of him which is usually a foot a way by the time he gets his shot off and usually will get a breakaway going the other way after the block. Not only can they not hit the net but none of them have been able to make a move at then blueline to open a shooting lane like McDonagh did. The defenders on this team constantly get shots blocked. Pressure the forwards to get rid of the puck and collapse the defense in front of the net and you will effectively neutralized the flyers offense.

Couple their terrible shooting with a below average ability to move the puck out of the defensive zone fast enough to create offense on the rush, and the flyers blueline is killing this team offensively. I know some fear moving a forward for a defenseman would hurt the goal scoring on this team, but having this group back there is doing it on its own. What good is forward talent if it is constantly outnumbered by opposing players.

Streit just scored from the point against the Hawks or Blues (I forget, but it was his last one), it was right off a Giroux faceoff.

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
The 2nd goal, in or not, is a great example of what is missing from the flyers lineup and is illustrated just about every time the flyers play the rangers and devils. There is not a single threat to score from the point on this team.

I hope you aren't saying that the Devils have a threat from the point, Zidlicky has 10 goals to Mark Streits 9.

What pissed me off from last night was when we had the 6 on 4 and Giroux and Streit wasted 10 seconds passing back and forth. Just shoot, especially on our PP we try the cross ice G to Voracek passes way too much.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
It looks like it didn't go in...
ibuVB0hf8exaPH.gif

... but look at the net, it clearly moves.
iez20FceNamdC.gif

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

We need play makers from the back end desperately. Like the mcdonagh goal he created his own space and time to get that shot off. That's what we need. Streit has been good with his shot but he doesnt create chances like that. Ghost will be our best chance at that. Hopefully he isn't just one dimensional either and can play some good defense as well.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
We need play makers from the back end desperately. Like the mcdonagh goal he created his own space and time to get that shot off. That's what we need. Streit has been good with his shot but he doesnt create chances like that. Ghost will be our best chance at that. Hopefully he isn't just one dimensional either and can play some good defense as well.

I wish Phantoms games were televised so I could watch Hagg.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

I agree that would be good to have. At the same time it would be nice to go against a goalie who allows that. Mase was down on the shot from the circles when he could see it the whole way. He needs to be more standup as everyone is going high on him. Too late to adjust this year but hopefully over the summer they make him more of a hybrid goalie.

Either way you are correct the way he made room for himself is very valuable. He is a outstanding player. I can't believe they got him for the Gomez dump. Idiots

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
McDonagh is the only player of the Rangers' defense that can make the play he made to score that goal last night. In fact, only a handful of guys in the league can make that play consistently. Shame on the Flyers for not having one fall into their lap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad