Post-Game Talk: Wed., Dec. 4, 2013| Flyers 6 at Red Wings 3

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
mason once again comes through with timely saves-he is so huge for us.also not so long ago i thought couturier was overated-thought he had a good series against pens but besides that did not think he was gonna be great-i have never been so happy to be so wrong in my life-he is just growing as a player every game and is going to be a monster in this league for a long time!thank god hes ours!!

Bryzard of Oz

Mar 28, 2012
Left for hockey and the Wings just made it 3-1. Man I was surprised (pleasantly) when I got home.

Trade of the year for Homer on the Downie/Talbot swap. The Read-Cooter-Downie line is just sick.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
It was nice to see us back bounce tonight. I think this was our first comeback win of the year???

Too bad about all the penalties in the 2nd - could have been a blowout if we weren't so undisciplined.

Unstable

Apr 26, 2006
Exiled in NoVA
We just beat the Wings minus their two best players but plus a lot of help from the refs, so let's call it fair.

Awesome third period.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We just beat the Wings minus their two best players but plus a lot of help from the refs, so let's call it fair.

Awesome third period.

I don't care really. I'm just glad they didn't call it quits like they normally do in those situations, not only did the comeback but they dominated the Wings in the third to do so.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
My favorite part of the game, besides the win, was Downie calling Abdelkader a "f**king dummy" at the end. :laugh:

Also, as mentioned earlier in the thread, Raffl played great tonight. I'm very impressed with his poise. Was hoping he'd get the empty net goal; you could tell Couturier wanted to give it to him.

And I hope Downie keeps his mustache.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I also realized in the third that Chris Lee was refing this game & then things suddenly made sense to me.

Lee and St. Laurent.
how did that happen.

good win tonight. really thought they were doomed after they fell behind 3-1. Especially the way the goals have been hard to come by for this team. Thankfully Detroit forgot to defend in the 3rd period and the Flyers took full advanage.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Great comeback. I thought they would fold down 3-1. Couturier line is the best by far. Giroux and Hartnell played well, but Voracek is still lost in the woods.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I couldn't watch this last night but I see Couts had a beastly night, can anyone give me a quick summary, please? :)

Edit: Just saw the highlights, I think Doc was crying after the 5th and 6th goal... He sounded so sad

Last edited:

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
NBC still have not picked up on how well Mason is playing. The only thing I heard them say about him was that he played three seasons for Columbus!

Coots is blossoming before our eyes!

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
NBC still have not picked up on how well Mason is playing. The only thing I heard them say about him was that he played three seasons for Columbus!

Coots is blossoming before our eyes!

Roenick was scoffing at the idea that Mason has been great, whenever game he was doing commentary with JJ and Clement he was on CSNPhilly earlier and Tocchet was rolling his eyes at JR for suggesting that Mason hasnt been the reason the flyers have been semi competitive.

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
I did not like the game until we scored our second goal and felt we now had a chance. I love Coots, Mason gave us a chance to win.
Hartnell had a nice goal and game hopefully he gets on track, now we need Ville Voracek to get on track

We take too many minor penalties, I wish we would have more fighting penalties

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
And Steve Downie has 16 pts so far....not bad for a goon

This is sarcasm for those who can't read the internet.

The way he plays is why I've always been so high on him. High level of compete. Strong as hell. Takes no guff. Gives a bit too much of it, which should be tempered as he ages. Sacrifices his body to make plays. Basically, a terror on the ice. He isn't going to score 40, but he's going to make the opposing team beat him. A true glue guy, like Read.

No wonder that line is clicking. They win battles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad