Weber to Philly

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Take out Schenn and Gagner for starters.

Take out N. Schultz (don't need him) and Laughton (the value is off).

Simmonds + Coburn for Yakupov. Flyers probably add a pick or something. I think that's the value. I'm not sold on Yakupov at all--it would be a massive risk.

i think thats an overpayment i can see setting something around b schenn or coburn for yak. simmonds+ could work but itd hurt more. yakupov has a high ceiling but its still potential til he proves it

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The only ones of possible value would be Coots and the first.

Time to admit Schenn and Simmer are your average grinder type fwds.

Schenn just turned 22, if it's time to admit he's a finished product then you have admit Couturier is nothing more than a checking line center since they're about a year apart.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Schenn just turned 22, if it's time to admit he's a finished product then you have admit Couturier is nothing more than a checking line center since they're about a year apart.

What do you see in B Schenn, that leaves you optimistic?

I see a wildly inconsistent player who even in his "good games" doesn't make any major impact. A big hit here and there and he goes more unnoticed than noticed.

I understand he's only 22 but still I'm a pessimist when it comes to him. Overrated skater, can't make space for himself, and pretty bad in his own zone/with the puck.

Again, I know his age, but I wanna see more.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What do you see in B Schenn, that leaves you optimistic?

I see a wildly inconsistent player who even in his "good games" doesn't make any major impact. A big hit here and there and he goes more unnoticed than noticed.

I understand he's only 22 but still I'm a pessimist when it comes to him. Overrated skater, can't make space for himself, and pretty bad in his own zone/with the puck.

Again, I know his age, but I wanna see more.

He's shown more flashes too me that suggest he could correct his flaws over time than say a guy like Couturier who most on here act like is a sure thing to correct his flaws.

The fact is they're both 22 & about to be 21 respectively, playing on a team where really nobody is exceeding expectations. I'm willing to wait & see with both of them unless you get a deal too good to pass up for an obvious need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad