Post-Game Talk (GBU): Weber Nightmares and Other Sabres Terrors

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Good

Preparing for the draft early this time around.

Bad

Waiting for the draft.

Ugly

Knowing this team is so poor that they should automatically qualify for next season's draft lottery.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
What do you consider to be "franchise altering?" Would you have considered Toews to have been a franchise-altering pick when he went #3 to Chicago? In any event, Reinhart is an excellent player and will be a fantastic pro. He'd be a step in the right direction. FWIW, Reinhart has 19 pts in 8 games (2.375 ppg); MacKinnon had 75 in 44 (1.7 ppg). And Reinhart has no supporting actors who approach players like Drouin or even Marty Frk like MacKinnon had.

one thing to remember is that Reinhart is only 2 months younger then MacKinnon and are both 95's. It would be better to compare Reinhart's 2012-13 (1.18PPG) stats to MacKinnon's 2012-13 stats (1.7PPG)

Nathan did play on a MUCH better team though. I think he is much closer to a Sean Monahan level prospect then a MacKinnon.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
it's real simple... IF we are lucky enough to get the top pick.... we will be getting the most talented player to come to the franchise in ages.... stop complaining.

I agree with this, but the frustrating part for me is that Buffalo could go 0-81-1 and there's a 75% chance that we don't get the top pick. Most fans want a forward and Reinhart seems to be the only forward available that meets the criteria of what I'd be looking for after a season of "suffering".

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I agree with this, but the frustrating part for me is that Buffalo could go 0-81-1 and there's a 75% chance that we don't get the top pick. Most fans want a forward and Reinhart seems to be the only forward available that meets the criteria of what I'd be looking for after a season of "suffering".

Their are like 5 forwards that could pass Reinhart..

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
Their are like 5 forwards that could pass Reinhart..

I highly doubt it, barring injury. And if it were to happen, it would likely be more related to Reinhart's skating than anything else. I doubt any forward gets to the level of Mac/Droin/Barkov and that's the caliber you would like to get after a terrible year.

kooldonuts

Oct 3, 2013
Good: Nachos at FNC keep getting better.
Our draft position at the end of the year.

B: My team is the sabres.

U: Hoping that they do just as poorly next season when McDavid is on the table.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
While we're on that subject, they need wingers.
A prolific sniper/scorer (a la Mike Bossy, Selanne, etc.) then sure.
Otherwise, any tie in talent / potential goes to the center.
Even a close-but-not-tied talent goes to the center.
You can always trade centers for wingers if you have too many.
Yes, Sabres need scoring wingers, but the skill at their centers isn't high enough & certain enough to "guarantee" they'll contend in 2-3 seasons.

So...who to draft at #1?
See separate stickied thread on the Sabres board.

koarl

Mar 19, 2011
Graz / Austria
Ugly/Hilarious:
- Stafford attempting the between the leg shot that Vanek successfully used, and completely whiffing.
- Vanek's 2nd attempt at the Hertl move and ending up on his ass.

AHHAHAHA

Yes, noticed those as well and laughed. Kind of shows how desperate they are, if they are trying to imitate successful moves instead of making the easier play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad