Confirmed with Link: Weaver Traded to Montreal for 5th round pick

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
You keep trying to put this all on Tallon, yet you seem to lack the ability to see the previous ownership was the problem. Hell, look at what was said when Yorkman left, "we're getting back to hockey," because for that regime's entire tenure we weren't.

Self imposed cap after the playoff season, sale last season....not hard to see where the finger needs to be pointed.

So long Weaver, thanks for playing with your whole heart.

I was honestly just asking if this was a shot at DT. Do I believe the previous ownership is to blame? Hell yes. Do I think DT has been stellar? Not really.. Does he deserve another year or 2 with money and someone in the front office who cares about hockey? Yes he does.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Weaver has no right to talk about "rebuilding" or anything for that matter. He has been terrible this year. The only thing he can do right on a consistent basis is block shots. Good luck Weavs, thanks for being a glutton for pain. That's about it.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Weaver has no right to talk about "rebuilding" or anything for that matter. He has been terrible this year. The only thing he can do right on a consistent basis is block shots.

I agree with him not having the right to talk bad about us, he is on the team for god sakes. He's the one that should be playing well.. not our management. Although I thought he has been pretty solid for his position. He plays defense, plain and simple.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Don't think it's a slight. I think acknowledged that his getting traded is part of the rebuild.

anonymous9739872329

May 3, 2006
Around MTL
The Habs board already has a thread of 17 pages about this thread. You guys have a lot of catching up to do, this trade hasn't been overanalyzed enough around here.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The Habs board already has a thread of 17 pages about this thread. You guys have a lot of catching up to do, this trade hasn't been overanalyzed enough around here.

We like to carve through all the fluff to get straight to the facts around here. :laugh:

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
I didn't mind weaver here but it's good to see Tallon getting something in return. He's getting old and will be a UFA.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Ducks just got a 4th rounde for Dustin Penner.

I think a 5th for Weaver is ever fair considering that.

As useful as he was here, his value was not going to be huge. A good defensive d-man whose size can hurt him at times but generally quite reliable and full of heart. He will be missed but the Panthers could afford to lose him at this point. There's too many D that need to be made room for to have a shot at this team. Not to mention he's a pending UFA at 35, he's not getting better. A 5th was fair value, plus it helps that it's in the good 2015 draft.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Happy he's gone. We need more skill on the back end. He's not a good fit for Horachek's system.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Happy he's gone. We need more skill on the back end. He's not a good fit for Horachek's system.

He's been dragging down Kuli for ages. Agree. Now Jovo will drag him down or something dumb like that.

Edit: Wonder who his d-partner is now?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Ducks just got a 4th rounde for Dustin Penner.

I think a 5th for Weaver is ever fair considering that.

It's fair value. He's a declining small, defensive d-man. 2015 is a very strong draft so it's better we get a 5th in that year. We just got Pirri who has led the AHL in scoring for a 3rd and a 5th, so....do the math.

That being said, we need to form a support group for CHGoalie.

haha but seriously, I thank Weaver for his service here. He filled an important role while young guys were developing. The parting shots weren't necessary though.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
As useful as he was here, his value was not going to be huge. A good defensive d-man whose size can hurt him at times but generally quite reliable and full of heart. He will be missed but the Panthers could afford to lose him at this point. There's too many D that need to be made room for to have a shot at this team. Not to mention he's a pending UFA at 35, he's not getting better. A 5th was fair value, plus it helps that it's in the good 2015 draft.

I still hold true to my opinion of Weaver the last two years: undersized pure defensive d man who isn't afraid to block any shot but makes at least two dumb mistakes a game. And I've gone to games and singled him out during shifts in order to form that opinion.

I don't think he is completely useless but he is very replaceable bottom pairing fodder. Peace.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I think it might be more interesting to try:

Campbell-Kulikov
Gudbranson-Olsen
Gilbert-Jovanovski

Time to reward Kulikov with more ice time and see what he can do. That combo could be real good for offense as well. Also whatever it takes to get Gudbranson and Olsen back together.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Good luck to Weaver always liked him, and wish we would have kept him just for his shot blocking alone. But I guess now with Louie in net he can make more saves. This likely means Petro has a spot next season. Don't think he needs anymore seasoning in the minors. He's ready to make the jump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad