Confirmed with Link: Weaver Traded to Montreal for 5th round pick

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
Seems likely.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m
Florida closing in on a trade involving d-man Mike Weaver. Canadiens are among teams with interest in Weaver. Draft pick likely return.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Panthers close to trading Weaver

George Richards (@GeorgeRichards) tweeted at 0:16 PM on Tue, Mar 04, 2014: RT @DarrenDreger: Florida closing in on a trade involving d-man Mike Weaver. Canadiens are among teams with interest in Weaver.

Weaver scratched tonight.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
if we get a 3-5 pick i will be happy.

guys got great heart.. plays hard and is a good Defensive Dman... under the radar... would shine in that role on a good team.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 3m

Mike Weaver has been traded to Montreal. Believed to be picks coming other way #Panthers #Habs
Expand

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 3m

Mike Weaver resigned to being traded after four seasons with #FlaPanthers ... said came here for rebuild 'and we're still rebuilding.'

a shot at DT?:laugh:

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
A 5th. Don't like this one. Could have gotten more methinks. Holland or Dumont wouldve been great.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Holy batman the reaction of Habs fans. :laugh:

A 5th. Don't like this one. Could have gotten more methinks. Holland or Dumont wouldve been great.
Weaver is still a small, bottom pairing, defensive d-man, at the end of the day. Plenty to be had of those at the TDL. A 5th is just fine.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio

I am of the belief that if DT could've gotten more, he would've. It's not like he told teams Weaver was available and made a deal with the first team that called him back.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
For Weaver? not likely...

A few MTL fans were expecting it to be Holland/Dumont and a pick. That would have been spectacular. Whatever though. I won't miss Weaver. Yeah he blocked shots but like I've always said he makes two dumb mistakes a game. Rather have the empty spot to fill.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
Thank you Mike for your loyal service to the team.
I'm good with this trade, another pick that can be used for a future trade. also opens up a spot on D for our younger guys

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
My god! Kulikov gets to play with someone else finally. Bad news. It could be Jovanovski :)

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I hate that he went to Montreal since they're my least favorite team to put it lightly :laugh: However, there wasn't really much use for him here anymore as he is aging and we're looking to the future. I wish him the absolute best though after four years of giving it his all every game blocking shots and was just a really nice all-around guy to have in the locker room.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 3m

Mike Weaver resigned to being traded after four seasons with #FlaPanthers ... said came here for rebuild 'and we're still rebuilding.'

a shot at DT?:laugh:

You keep trying to put this all on Tallon, yet you seem to lack the ability to see the previous ownership was the problem. Hell, look at what was said when Yorkman left, "we're getting back to hockey," because for that regime's entire tenure we weren't.

Self imposed cap after the playoff season, sale last season....not hard to see where the finger needs to be pointed.

So long Weaver, thanks for playing with your whole heart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad