Post-Game Talk: Wear your bag with pride! ... Oilers win 4-0

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
Still think Krueger shouldve put RNH, Schultz, Yakupov, Gagner, and Paajarvi on that last PP..break em outta their slumps..

Other than that..Great..Vancouver was asleep though

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
tumblr_lrn1r2kkMM1qhec6s.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Absolutely picture perfect game. I felt pride as an Oiler fan for the first time in a long time after that beauty, i feel bad for having the bag now. Get your bag off? Probably too early for that.
This was honestly the most complete game that i've seen them play since '06 considering the opponent and their place in the standings.

I know that the kid line will get most of the praise and rigthfully so, they were beyond incredible but Petry was a prince among men out there tonight. Just a tremendous game from him in all facets, totally shut down the Sedins. He has been great for a little while now. He looks like a legit top pairing guy when he plays like this but the inconsistently kills him. Lets hope that he keeps it up.

Does Tambellini actually become a buyer now especially if they win on Monday against Cowtown? He can't possibly trade Whitney for a pick now. I would rather lose Whitney for nothing than get a pick if they can make a playoff push.

The Perfect Human*

No one really played a "bad" game today. Some shady plays by Schultz brothers in the defensive zone but good forward support made it disappear

Unbelievable game from Hall's line. Dominant every time they were on the ice. I watch a lot of teams, and I've never seen one line dominate like that on EVERY shift the way they did. Not Crosby, not Getzlaf, not Jagr.

Unbelievable.

Hemsky line was unreal too. 2-3 unlucky posts or they'd have a couples points each as well.

Yakupov looked dangerous all night. All fingers point to a future superstar with that kid. Just needs to mature similar to Eberle at age 20.

Don't want to gloat too much for fear of cursing this team. Vancouver was flat all game long, but we would have won this regardless. Great game.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
What's the record without Belanger?
6-1-4

Belanger is a ravenous demon, relentlessy gnawing at all that's good and true. But worst of all, he drags down the performance of anyone who plays with him. Just look at this pattern.

aveZyMB.jpg

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
Yeah great effort by the Oil. Still some shaky moments and with an unlucky bounce that would've been a scarier finish but for the most part I liked how hard they were backchecking even with that lead. And clearly Vancouver had checked out but especially the kid line was doing a great job of cycling and playing a lot of that third period in the Canuck zone.

Two posts by Pajaarvi, the miss by Hemsky and two robberies by Luongo keep this from being an even bigger blowout.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
This team is so up and down. Loved the effort tonight, doesnt look anything like the team we iced 2 weeks ago. Its surprising how much energy Mike Brown has brought to the lineup.

The Perfect Human*

6-1-4

Belanger is a ravenous demon, relentlessy gnawing at all that's good and true. But worst of all, he drags down the performance of anyone who plays with him. Just look at this pattern.

aveZyMB.jpg
Post of the year candidate.

Forget the "Belanger Triangle"

It's the "Vortex of Belanger"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad