Post-Game Talk: We win, but, we also lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turk Broda

Jun 2, 2009
Haha, NHL.com had this for 5 minutes after the game:

0MpR4mo.png
[/QUOTE

Hopefully we win the losers lottery. That's all I can say at this point. Buffalo doesn't deserve McDavid simply because they have made it so blatantly obvious that they are tanking. They don't deserve Eichel either.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
its funny how dead these PGT's have been in the recent days

just shows u how many crums on this board are just bandwagoners
and to mention that's just assuming everyone posting here watched that game

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena

I wouldn't necessarily label them as bandwagoners. Really, what is there left to say? It's not only the players who are stringing out the season.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Or.
everyone is in the other GDT that we've been talking about the game since it ended.

just a thought.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

I mentioned that before.

But people got pretty butt hurt by it and said it was easier to criticize/discuss a loss.

Not a really exciting game for the Buds. I love watching Marlies players come up and actually know how to play without the puck. Watching MacWilliam play in the limited time, was actually a little refreshing. He closed off pretty well and didn't get beat at all. Hoppefully we can see more come throgh the pipeline that are well coached.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Ugly game. Booth is an angry beast though. Gotta love that. Any eyes on college FAs? It's something to look forward to between now and the draft.

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
Lupul benched. Haha

You think Carlyle would have benched him? Nah.

A step in the right direction, but two steps backward with the 3 amigos out on every powerplay. The blind squirrel found the nut, and cost us a loss and potential draft position. Horachek is a dreadful head coach, the embodiment of the Leafs season and struggles.

For the tank Horachek remains an excellent choice. But moving forward the Leafs deserve a proper head coach that will make the most out of what players he is given, no more dinosaurs and idiots please.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
If they shutdown Kessel the team would improve.

A bit like when they parked Kadri. They played a hard fought game against a very good Isles team, and I thought they competed well tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if they take some points away from Calgary, either.

If they added Jake, Booth, and arguably Lupul to pressbox, the team's work ethic would improve further. If management is truly serious about the tank, bench Bernier for the season, and saddle Kessel with the worst defensive forwards we have against the toughest match-up. Cleaning up after Kessel and another floater sounds about the right penance for the self-proclaimed, suspended All-Star.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of discussion about how the players are handling these tumultuous times. How the new players inserted have performed. Some of these guys will be part of the future in some capacity, and it's worth noting how they handle adversity. Especially when the character of the group, and individual player(s) are being questioned.

When I saw MacWilliam in the lineup, I was so excited that I literally double fist pumped the moment I saw him. I know I have to temper my expectations, especially considering who they played against, but I was pretty much awestruck with his performance. Considering that tonight was his first NHL game, and his draft pedigree, he did really well. I remembered from two seasons ago, that this guy is a wrecking ball, so that aspect of his game didn't surprise me. What did surprise me is the amount of smart plays he's made in the back. I can recall 5-6 solid plays during his limited 12 mins of ToI. His familiarity with some Marlies definitely showed, with Smith in particular. I want to see a lot more of this guy, and wouldn't mind seeing him paired with Rielly.

Komarov and JVR looks like they've awakened from their slumber. I feared that OV may have broken Komarov, but it appears not to be the case. Tonight was vintage heat-seeking rocket in action. Panik also had a strong game.

Gardiner, on the other hand, needs to remain with Phaneuf in order for the tank to stay on course. The amount chaos Jake causes due to his indecision is comical at times. He does look flashy doing laps in the offensive zone prior to losing the puck, though.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach

Far from a bandwagoner. Been a fan for over 50 years and yes I still manage to watch every painful game although I find I am multitasking more often during the games as ....they suck overall. Just trying to live through the end of this miserable season and am hoping for a brighter Leafs future in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad