OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
ALERT: the Live Nation/Ticketmaster class action settlement voucher thing is back. No events at Jones Beach but if you want to travel to PNC Bank Arts Center or the amptheatres in Camden or Connecticut (Hartford and Wallingford) or if you are upstate Saratoga Springs there are still lots of options. I got tickets to see Weezer/The Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, Breaking Benjamin and 311/Offspring at PNC.

Reactions: SteveH124

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
ALERT: the Live Nation/Ticketmaster class action settlement voucher thing is back. No events at Jones Beach but if you want to travel to PNC Bank Arts Center or the amptheatres in Camden or Connecticut (Hartford and Wallingford) or if you are upstate Saratoga Springs there are still lots of options. I got tickets to see Weezer/The Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, Breaking Benjamin and 311/Offspring at PNC.
Every time I try to use my vouchers, the events are all sold out.
Ps I saw offspring with Bad Religion, Pennywise, and the Vandals about two years ago at Highline. I thought offspring was gonna suck, thought they were gonna be the worst bad there. they put on an awesome show, probably the most solid band if the night. Didn’t play any songs after Smash.

Last edited:

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Just finished "Evil Genius" after hearing a lot of hype around it. It was interesting until it concluded. My initial reaction was, "that's it?" and was pretty disappointed. Only four episodes so it's not like a wasted a ton of time watching, so there's that.

I just binged that this weekend. What a nutty friggin story.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Watching Goliath S2. Just as good as season 1. 3 eps in. Trying to DL the next few eps to watch on my flight but airport WiFi is bullshlt.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Anyone else live in Westchester? Just moved up here and looking for some good food, coffee, hiking, etc if you have any recommendations.
Where in Westchester? I'm actually right above you in Putnam but I know some stuff about Westchester. You MUST go to Walter's hot dog stand in Mamaroneck. Best hot dogs ever with their special mustard/relish, trust me this is a must. In downtown Mount Kisco there is a great Indian take out place whose name escapes me I go to frequently. If you are near Putnam come to Bob's Diner in my home of the Village of Brewster. A classic old fashioned diner that serves simple no frills food, tremendous burgers and the guy who owns/runs it is one of the absolute best and nicest persons you will ever meet.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Succession on HBO had been enjoyable. ImI also watching the Ken Burns Vietnam documentary.

Succession looks decent, figured I’d check it out if I heard good things. Adding to the list, thanks.

As a mets fan i am in your boat.

I just binged 3 seasons of Narcos. It was good.

Love Narcos, one of my favorites. Can’t eait for the next season in Mexico

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
I need Mr. Robot to start up again.

At least I’m in Denver now....many ways to address boredom here, and they don’t even impinge on my job.

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
Toronto fans will have to deal with a star player wanting to "come home" for an entire year. Kawhi probably won't BS them like PJ but it's something?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Been binge-watching a lot of I Love Lucy lately. It cracks me up how Fred is so grumpy. Lucy is a riot, and Ethel is kinda underrated hot.

[on second thought, to be clear I should add :sarcasm:, especially for the Ethel comment]

Last edited:

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Succession on HBO had been enjoyable. ImI also watching the Ken Burns Vietnam documentary.

Succession is pretty good, outside of Kieran Culkin who is hard to stomach or maybe just his character... slow building show

I'm Dying up Here is a great show, really enjoy that one

Also for older folks there is a documentary on WLIR on The Movie Channel that is hauntingly nostalgic in too many ways. New Wave: Dare to be Different

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
As a mets fan i am in your boat.

I just binged 3 seasons of Narcos. It was good.

This is the lamest Mets season ever

Jose Reyes has 6 RBI's all season.. that would be like Andrew Ladd having 3 points after 50 games
Degrom's great season and no wins, would be like Lehner having a .945 save pct and the Isles being 30th ranked in the league
Dom Smith having 1HR and 1RBI would be like having Ho-Sang up for 50 games without a point
Conforto batting as bad as he is would be like Barzal having 25 points after 50 games
Bautista being on the Mets hitting .218 would be like getting Daniel Sedin off of waivers and he has 16 points in 50 games

I think the manager and the hitting coach are 70% of the problem.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Anyone else watching Youngblood on NHLN? Reminds me of sleepaway camp when I was 11. We had 3 movies, Youngblood and Nightmare On Elm Street 3. The other one was only for the counselors when they'd kick us out of the dorms. :laugh:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Game 5 of 1981 SCF vs north stars on NHL Network now.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20180720_215957.jpg

Seeing one of your all time favorite bands ever, one of the bands who got you through high school for free: priceless. And they played a liberal amount of stuff from Pinkerton!!!!!

Also this has been said by others but it's true: after hearing the Pixies live Nirvana comes off as the greatest Pixies cover band ever.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I am a Mets fan so if you need me I will be over in the corner crying uncontrollably in total pain and misery.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Been binge-watching a lot of I Love Lucy lately. It cracks me up how Fred is so grumpy. Lucy is a riot, and Ethel is kinda underrated hot.

[on second thought, to be clear I should add :sarcasm:, especially for the Ethel comment]

My wife has been buying pants that sit really high on her waist - I tell her she looks like Fred Mertz. I don't care if she's going out without me, but if we're going out together I tell her to change "the Mertz pants".

We've been rifling through Frasier. I never watched it when it was on but I think it's brilliant with a great cast.

Reactions: doublechili
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad