OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
My wife has been buying pants that sit really high on her waist - I tell her she looks like Fred Mertz. I don't care if she's going out without me, but if we're going out together I tell her to change "the Mertz pants".

We've been rifling through Frasier. I never watched it when it was on but I think it's brilliant with a great cast.
LOL to "Fred Mertz pants".

I was never a big Cheers fan but loved Frasier. I basically haven't watched any sitcoms since Frasier and Seinfeld went off the air. :laugh:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Fox cancelled LA to Vegas after just one season! That show was great.

No more Captain Dave. :( Boooooo

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Congrats SPARKY3 !!!!!
Why ? He just clicked off the Chevy Silverado add that covers 3/4 of every page for the 1000th time . Woo Hoo.

LGI

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Anyone see the new Godzilla trailer? The movie looks pretty good!

As a kid who actually enjoyed that one with the kid who wore those shorts and had that backpack hanging with Godzilla's son on the monster island... I'm excited AF.

I think it's smart to bring in all the other big monsters into the fray. Up the nostalgia and campiness factor that people like me would eat up.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
What's up, everyone? How are your respective summers - any good vacations so far or coming up?

I just got back from (Old) Cabo yesterday. We had a category 1 hurricane brush us one day, but otherwise the weather was great every other day for a week. Unfortunately, I only got to surf one day, and it's flat on LI like it usually is this time of year.

Funny, I ran into probably the only Leafs fan in Cabo at the resort my gf and I were staying at and, naturally, we started talking hockey, specifically he-who-must-not-be-named, and had some playful banter back and forth. Guy sounded exactly like a drunk Don Cherry if you closed your eyes, so he was definitely entertaining.

Also trying to land a job in the city so I can move to NJ and "settle down." I always hoped I'd live in California if I ever moved out of NY, but NJ isn't a bad alternative, right......?

As for hockey season, I can't say I'm looking forward to it (from an Islanders standpoint, anyway), but the end of summer is always kind of a drag and I don't really follow baseball anymore, so I need some entertainment.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Such a strange summer here, above normal rainfall (everything looks lush, other years the lawns and plants are stresed around this time).
The pair of Cardinals have been bringing their kids around, looks like 3 of them. A pair of Jays and a few squirrels. Unsalted peanuts make them hapoy.
I'm having a really hard time finding baby corn, you know, the little cobs often used in stir fry. I've tried the Asian markets by me and nobody seems to have them. I've tried Patel Bros, Maharaja, H mart and H&Y, Stop & Shop and no luck whatsoever. The H mart is pretty cool. Alot cleaner than H&Y, and a better selection. Both have the Samyang Ramen, but H-mart also has their dumplings/gyoza which I'm looking forward too trying hopefully this weekend. Nice sale on water last week, 3 cases of 24 $10, gave a case to my mechanics (Jimco).
This past weekend the cord for my Samsung tablet crapped out. Target, Wal Mart, Best Buy didn't carry it, I even checked the displays in Quik Check and 7-11. The place I got the tablet at didn't have it either, but at least the guy there said to go next door to the flea market (tri county) and I ended up buying 2 @ $15ea. Now if I can only find someone that carries my germ guardian ac4825 filters I'd be happier, but I've been looking into those Himalayan salt lamps, anyone with any feedback?
I switched to Persil about a month ago, I don't know, I liked Tide and Arm & Hammer but I felt it was time to move on, even if it's only temporary. I have to add some oxy to get rid of the stains, Biz seems to be pretty good, but only Target seems to have it. And if anyone cares, Oxiclean is sodium precarbonate, Dollar Tree often carries it. I've tried Borax and washing soda with mixed results, some things are better at different temperatures and some are better at certain kinds of stains. Presoaking is pretty effective.
Go where you want to go,where your heart is. Both coasts have their pros and cons and you should do what's best for yourself, both short term and in the long run. You'll make the right decision, just take a step back and think things out without overthinking. You'll be fine.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What's up, everyone? How are your respective summers - any good vacations so far or coming up?

I just got back from (Old) Cabo yesterday. We had a category 1 hurricane brush us one day, but otherwise the weather was great every other day for a week. Unfortunately, I only got to surf one day, and it's flat on LI like it usually is this time of year.

Funny, I ran into probably the only Leafs fan in Cabo at the resort my gf and I were staying at and, naturally, we started talking hockey, specifically he-who-must-not-be-named, and had some playful banter back and forth. Guy sounded exactly like a drunk Don Cherry if you closed your eyes, so he was definitely entertaining.

Also trying to land a job in the city so I can move to NJ and "settle down." I always hoped I'd live in California if I ever moved out of NY, but NJ isn't a bad alternative, right......?

As for hockey season, I can't say I'm looking forward to it (from an Islanders standpoint, anyway), but the end of summer is always kind of a drag and I don't really follow baseball anymore, so I need some entertainment.

Cabo looks like an interesting palce. When you have a chance if you like resorts and Mexico, try the other side the Maya Riveria. it's close to the Cabo ruins, cenotes and Chichen Itza. Loved it there. I was in Europe for my vacation this summer. This is the 6th summer in a rowI have spent in Europe and the towns are all starting to look the same. But you can't beat it for the history and architecture.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Cabo looks like an interesting palce. When you have a chance if you like resorts and Mexico, try the other side the Maya Riveria. it's close to the Cabo ruins, cenotes and Chichen Itza. Loved it there. I was in Europe for my vacation this summer. This is the 6th summer in a rowI have spent in Europe and the towns are all starting to look the same. But you can't beat it for the history and architecture.

Not really big on resorts. Cabo was an effort to meet half-way with my gf after we scheduled a trip to Nicaragua in April, only to have the country spiral into disarray 10 days after we booked.

I like Mexico though. Just locations in the country that are more off the beaten path and along the Pacific Ocean.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not really big on resorts. Cabo was an effort to meet half-way with my gf after we scheduled a trip to Nicaragua in April, only to have the country spiral into disarray 10 days after we booked.

I like Mexico though. Just locations in the country that are more off the beaten path and along the Pacific Ocean.
I get you. More Anthony Bourdain. I am unabashed a resorts person. Though I do also like Europe exploring their old towns.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I get you. More Anthony Bourdain. I am unabashed a resorts person. Though I do also like Europe exploring their old towns.

Where have you been?

I've only been to London and Paris, but I have Basque Country, Hossegor, Munich, and Rome on my bucket list, and a few others on my "wishful thinking" list. I don't know where I'm going to get that kind of time or money, but I'll do what I can to make 2 of those happen.

On this side of the Atlantic, Old Montreal is amazing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Where have you been?

I've only been to London and Paris, but I have Basque Country, Hossegor, Munich, and Rome on my bucket list, and a few others on my "wishful thinking" list. I don't know where I'm going to get that kind of time or money, but I'll do what I can to make 2 of those happen.

On this side of the Atlantic, Old Montreal is amazing.

Of the places you mention. Munich and Rome are great for history buffs. Rome you could do 2 weeks there. Lots to see. Munich is great because of the surrounding cities you can visit. The Eagles Nest and Salzburg are 2 can't miss places on an itinerary. London UK is a great place to visit. Haven't been to Paris yet. Old Montreal is cool. If you can make it to Quebec City, it is probably Canada's most beautiful city. The old town and the boardwalk reminds me of Europe.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Of the places you mention. Munich and Rome are great for history buffs. Rome you could do 2 weeks there. Lots to see. Munich is great because of the surrounding cities you can visit. The Eagles Nest and Salzburg are 2 can't miss places on an itinerary. London UK is a great place to visit. Haven't been to Paris yet. Old Montreal is cool. If you can make it to Quebec City, it is probably Canada's most beautiful city. The old town and the boardwalk reminds me of Europe.

QC would be a nice long-weekend trip.

I took Latin for 8 years, so Rome is probably the only place I'd wind up being the stereotypical tourist, but I'm okay with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad