GDT: We still need to win for Bickell II

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
So, are we still drinking the Faulk Kool-Aid or can we finally admit he's overrated and a disaster in the defensive zone? Not to mention, does he really want to be here? I think not.

Fire away, as I know we are supposed to be bashing Derek Ryan and not the Holy Grail Faulk. I'm sorry.:(

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
So, are we still drinking the Faulk Kool-Aid or can we finally admit he's overrated and a disaster in the defensive zone? Not to mention, does he really want to be here? I think not.

Fire away, as I know we are supposed to be bashing Derek Ryan and not the Holy Grail Faulk. I'm sorry.:(

I know the board has joked in the past about Faulk not wanting to be here so I'm not sure if you're serious there, but if you are, what makes you think that?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Faulk hasn't been great this year, and he may be putting himself into that dangle for a forward territory at some point between now and the offseason. But he is coming off what seemed like a pretty rough injury. I think whether traded, or held onto, he will get back to where he was at some point. He's a pretty darn good offensive dman that can definitely play adequate defense when he's right. And I really don't think his play is any indication of whether he wants to be here or not. If he truly didn't want to be here, not like it would have been tough to trade him for some kind of value already.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Start the season poorly. Win 5 in a row to show a glimmer of hope. Lose 3 of the next 4 to remind you they're still the same team.

Canes hockey.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
What was with that shot at the end of the game? He had a wide open lane to fire a shot at lundqvist and doesn't even slap pass it, just throws a soft saucer between guys looking to tip his shot, beneath their feet they had no chance. That's just frustrating to watch.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
That hooking call was stright up ********, what happens after don`t matter, because it wasn`t a penalty in first place. **** you ref

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Against goalie starters: 4W, 6L, 4OTL
Against goalie Back-ups: 5W, 3L

Home record: 6-3-0
Road record: 3-6-4

All we need is to face more back-up goalies at home. :sarcasm:

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Going into the game: no hope in beating NYR in MSG.
Coming out of a 1-goal loss: this team is ****ing horrible!

Keep your expectations tiny, then you won't be so whiny.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya... it feels phenomenal.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Going into the game: no hope in beating NYR in MSG.
Coming out of a 1-goal loss: this team is ****ing horrible!

Keep your expectations tiny, then you won't be so whiny.

If you ignore everything that happened in the game, sure. If you actually watched them **** away the opportunity for a needed point or two then I think the reaction is valid. How often are the Canes going to get a legit chance to win a game generated from the 4th line? Can't let those opportunities dissolve.

It's the journey that was infuriating, not the expectation and the destination.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
^^Yep. Not his original quote, but my Dad always use to say that disappointment is simply a gap between expectations and reality.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Start the season poorly. Win 5 in a row to show a glimmer of hope. Lose 3 of the next 4 to remind you they're still the same team.

Canes hockey.

Eh, losing 3 of 4 in which two were the 1st and 2nd best teams in the NHL isn't the same as blowing multi goal leads to basement dwellers. The Canes were competitive in Montreal and New York.

Rangers was just one of the more frustrating games this season

They desperately need a regulation won against the Bruins.

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It's a very fine line. They could have won or gotten points in all 3 of those games. They could also obviously just as easily lost to Florida and be on a 4 game losing streak. Some day hopefully they'll find a way to pull out more of those than they are at this point. But they were in all three of those games against teams that have been pretty good this year. The frustrating thing, is other than the high scoring early in the year when their defense was awful, is they just can't figure out how to get that one extra goal that would likely put these games away.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I mean I get being frustrated, but even frustration over a game like this needs to be measured. The fact is that this was more a regression to the mean game then anything else.

There's every right to be livid about the last call, it WAS total ****ing ********. It robbed us of a point. But this is also a defensive team with shallow forward depth missing its best two-way forward right now. It had to be expected that the Rangers were going to get back in the game if they brought anywhere close to their A game (that happened) unless Ward absolutely stole the game (that didn't happen and shouldn't be expected).

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Even the concept of that call robbing us of a point isn't a guarantee. It sure hurt, but with how the Canes were playing, it wouldn't have been shocking if they'd blown it in regulation. And that stuff happens with calls. I still say even with the bad penalty, Hainsey mouthing off, and having no Jordan, this team has a good enough PK to step up and kill the damn penalties. They didn't and they lost.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, with the way they played that 3rd period, they had a good chance of losing that game, PP or no PP. Haven't seen so many weak clearing attempts since...well, the last time the team played such a disappointing game.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
here's your avatar

teuvo-teravainen_zpsrhxdyagc.jpg

User name too long :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad