GDT: We still need to win for Bickell II

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
That was on the ref and linesman.

Linesman for not blowing the play dead for offsides, then it wasn't even a penalty.

All the same, Hainsey has been in the league long enough that he should know when to swallow a bad call and shut his trap, even when he's right.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If we lose, it's way more than Hainsey or the refs. The whole team has been dog **** this period.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The play wasn't offsides. Whichever Canes player turned it over at the blueline basically played it into the zone, so the Rangers player was clear to play it.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Peters has to stop wasting the timeout on challenges that will surely fail.

I think his thinking is that this IS his timeout, it's longer than a TO due to a review. He gets time to talk to his players plus he gets a chance to take a goal back, but highly unlikely. It's a loop hole, but he's exploiting it like crazy. I'm not sure if anyone here, but I know people on the MB mentioned this too.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
That was on the ref and linesman.

Linesman for not blowing the play dead for offsides, then it wasn't even a penalty.

The ref and the linesman didn't cause Hainsey to blow a fuse and take a stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty with 6 minutes left in a tied ****ing game. That behavior is completely unacceptable regardless of the calls.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I think his thinking is that this IS his timeout, it's longer than a TO due to a review. He gets time to talk to his players plus he gets a chance to take a goal back, but highly unlikely. It's a loop hole, but he's exploiting it like crazy. I'm not sure if anyone here, but I know people on the MB mentioned this too.

I get that reasoning, but wouldn't a timeout be more useful later. Like when you've got the goalie pulled and need to strategize then. Or rest your players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad