We should really have 6 stanley cups and detroit should have 9

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
way back in Rangers history every april/may the circus would come to town and force the Rangers to leave the Garden during the most pivotal times in the season during the Stanley cup finals, it happened in 1937 and 1950, it happened other times as well but I think those teams would of lost in the finals anyway, but in 1937 they faced the Detroit red wing in a 5 game cup finals match, all the games were played in Detroit, rangers wound up losing 3-2 in five games, I'm sure if the rangers had at least 2 games at MSG they would of been able to win the cup, then in 1950 comes a 7 game series in the cup finals again against Detroit, this time 2 games were played in Toronto and 5 games in Detroit, this series goes 7 full games and game 7 goes to double overtime before Detroit scores and wins the cup, rangers also hit the post in OT, now if the rangers had at least 3 games at MSG I'm sure the cup would of been won by the rangers... really stinks that those 2 cups were stolen from us because of some clowns coming to town:shakehead

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
way back in Rangers history every april/may the circus would come to town and force the Rangers to leave the Garden during the most pivotal times in the season during the Stanley cup finals, it happened in 1937 and 1950, it happened other times as well but I think those teams would of lost in the finals anyway, but in 1937 they faced the Detroit red wing in a 5 game cup finals match, all the games were played in Detroit, rangers wound up losing 3-2 in five games, I'm sure if the rangers had at least 2 games at MSG they would of been able to win the cup, then in 1950 comes a 7 game series in the cup finals again against Detroit, this time 2 games were played in Toronto and 5 games in Detroit, this series goes 7 full games and game 7 goes to double overtime before Detroit scores and wins the cup, rangers also hit the post in OT, now if the rangers had at least 3 games at MSG I'm sure the cup would of been won by the rangers... really stinks that those 2 cups were stolen from us because of some clowns coming to town:shakehead

It was all about one thing: MONEY. Those circus contracts were considered more valuable than hockey... because they were.

The Rangers' history has been as forgetful as it is because mismanagement, bad luck, and apathy put breaking even above breaking out. Can you imagine how much more relevant hockey would be in this country today if the Rangers didn't suck monkeys for so long? I mean, no division titles for almost 50 years straight? Puke...

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Well the Rangers generally are the circus now, so I don't think this will be a problem going forward.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
And if wasn't for the Great Depression, hockey would have been the second most popular professional sport in the United States.

Cake or Death

Yeah, four Cups does kinda suck. Still love the team and the history. The good old days, when we could beat a Montreal team ;)

new-york-rangers_bread-line_cook-boucher-cook.gif

First Cup, back when the Pittsburgh Pirates were in the league...

New_York_Rangers_1928_Stanley_Cup_Champions.jpg

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
Yeah, four Cups does kinda suck. Still love the team and the history. The good old days, when we could beat a Montreal team ;)

new-york-rangers_bread-line_cook-boucher-cook.gif

First Cup, back when the Pittsburgh Pirates were in the league...

New_York_Rangers_1928_Stanley_Cup_Champions.jpg
that would make for a cool retro poster to hang in the man cave, where did you find that?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
In addition to being kicked out of their own building during the playoffs, the Rangers were one of the teams hit hardest by WWII. They didn't really recover until the 70s.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
A lot of what if's. It reminds me of that Marvel comics series from the early 90s.

The most interesting one to me is 1981. If JD got hot that year and not 1979 and beat the Islanders, the Rangers would have destroyed Minnesota in the Finals.

Also if Leetch is healthy in 1990, I'm not saying they beat the Caps or the Bruins, but an entirely different ballgame. That team could hang with Boston and Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad