Post-Game Talk: We Poked The Bear! Habs lose 7-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
we need to get to their net more, they have a less physical d than boston had yet they somehow kept us pretty much to the outside, that''s just wrong

HABS win CUPS*

jesus we just beat the Bruins - it will take time for their life essence to work it's way into our system

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Is there really a big difference between reckless and intentional if the consequences are the same?

Kreider's going full bore straight to the net, stopping or turning wasn't really part of his plan

He's fully balanced and poised to take the shot after Emelin's tap to the skate

He just runs out of room and bails out skates first

Dirty play? No, but Prust should've still fed him a few for his troubles

I'm not into running Hank for retaliation but anyone gets close to Carey again needs to be sent a message

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On another level, during Don Cherry's segment yesterday, they showed an extended clip of Ginette Reno wearing blue glittery garb from years ago, singing the anthem ... at a Nords' game. Based on a lot of Habs' fans' contempt for the No-Dicks, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Cherry and his puppet will stop at nothing to resort to anything remotely disparaging they can get their hands on.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Well, on the Kreider incident, I just think it's kind of what you have to do in these kinds of situations anyway... it was "intentionally by mistake", and likewise, we have to get Gallagher sitting on Lundqvist, and Bourque and Weise and anybody else crashing him. Not as retaliation. Just as what you have to do to an elite goalie in the playoffs. Kreider's "accident" wasn't any worse than what we'll eventually see from Gallagher on Lundqvist (and completely independent of it). So I don't see any point in complaining. :dunno:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
One thing's for sure, it's open season on Lundqvist. Not going out to injure him, but if this is the bar they want to set -- I've got no problem making things Gallagher-esque difficult for him. Gally's got his work cut out. Accidental on purpose, as Hughson would say.

Honestly, we were doing jusssst fine until that 3rd goal. Score ran up cuz of game-out-of-hand shennanigans. It was basically 4-1. First two goals were all cross crease concentration. Gorges, Pleks, Subban, Markov and other fwd (Vanek!) need to wake the f up and be aware of this. Only Price was blocking these from the side of the net.

Markov and Emelin are going to decide this series. Figure out a way MT, figure out a way.

Halifaxhab*

Well, after getting schooled, and wether Kreider did/didn't do it on purpose, I am sure the players think he did, perhaps that game will be motivation enough for Les Boys to build on.

qwerty123

May 4, 2014
I know its only the first game, but I can't stand seeing Emelin play. That guy makes some game changing mistakes EVERY.SINGLE.GAME. It was just so much more obvious yesterday.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
No emotion left after Boston and it showed, all the hype during the series and the Lucic garbage made us forget that we had another series to play. I'm sure we will be better in game two, so much character on the team and the guys will respond. I am wondering if putting chucky in will make us that much better, he is rarely out for draws in his own end(defensive liability) and I just wonder if he can be effective enough at this early stage of his career. If he does play, who do you put him with? I would also bring in Tinordi and give him a game and tell him to knock the head off Kreider.

qwerty123

May 4, 2014
I don't understand this emotion ****... Its the playoffs. Bruins or not, the cup alone should motivate them enough... If something important is on the line for me, I am gonna work my ass off.

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
Ya to me it looks like he just feel. However, if he was indeed clocked at 22mph, then I have a hard time thinking how he would NOT have crashed into price. Either way, Kreider was crashing the net.

dreamingofdrouin*

I got banned from the Bruins forum for saying that Lucic was not classy during the handshake....

lol...they love to dish it out but they can't take anything....even a rational and respectful statement will just be shut down and silenced because they can't handle the truth of their diving, whining and hypocrisy.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
lol...they love to dish it out but they can't take anything....even a rational and respectful statement will just be shut down and silenced because they can't handle the truth of their diving, whining and hypocrisy.

Isnt that what the Goons are about anyway?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What a disasterous start to this series. The Rangers drew enough blood to keep the sharks circling for weeks.
I am very concerned despite the excuses we can easily fabricate. The forwards on the Habs will have to be the ones who neutralize the Rangers speed particularly those who happen to be on the ice with the E/M pairing. We have had hints all year that speed can undo them like nothing else but this was insane. The Rangers will easily sweep if only a handful of players show up. We are now faced with a must win in game 2 and the problems the Rangers present may be more than we can overcome. We obviously can't open it up and they will be very comfortable playing a tight game.

GHG prove me wrong on this...

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
One thing's for sure, it's open season on Lundqvist. Not going out to injure him, but if this is the bar they want to set -- I've got no problem making things Gallagher-esque difficult for him. Gally's got his work cut out. Accidental on purpose, as Hughson would say.

Honestly, we were doing jusssst fine until that 3rd goal. Score ran up cuz of game-out-of-hand shennanigans. It was basically 4-1. First two goals were all cross crease concentration. Gorges, Pleks, Subban, Markov and other fwd (Vanek!) need to wake the f up and be aware of this. Only Price was blocking these from the side of the net.

Markov and Emelin are going to decide this series. Figure out a way MT, figure out a way.

I think regardless if Price was pumped into the Habs were going to need to make things difficult for Henrik. I'm afraid to think what kind of match ups the rangers can put out against Marlov-Emelin when the series shifts to New York, hopefully those two can rebound. If MT is going to use Briere-Pleks-Vanek as a line I would at least switch Briere and Vanek so Vanek is playing his natural position and Briere is playing a position he is more experienced in.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
Why don't you take a peek at the Rangers board.
The Bruins board is irrelevant.
We beat the Bruins we don't get a banner... :help:

I was replying to someone's post. As for taking a look at the Rangers board, I cant be bothered.

Knowing any replies they sees that they dislike will get you banned, I dont even see the point in doing so.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I was replying to someone's post. As for taking a look at the Rangers board, I cant be bothered.

Knowing any replies they sees that they dislike will get you banned, I dont even see the point in doing so.

My bad posted to wrong quote.
I've had my fill of the Bruins for this year.
But everytime I look up there is another reference to them.
It is even in the title of the PGT.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I bet the habs are wondering where those refs were for the bruins games. Yikes.

Said it before we played the rangers that the emelin/markov pairing would have serious trouble with NY's speed. This series might seriously affect how both are dealt with during the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad