Post-Game Talk: We Poked The Bear! Habs lose 7-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I bet the habs are wondering where those refs were for the bruins games. Yikes.

Said it before we played the rangers that the emelin/markov pairing would have serious trouble with NY's speed. This series might seriously affect how both are dealt with during the offseason.

Maybe part of the cure right now is to give more ice to Beaulieu. Man that kid can fly and I'm pretty confident he could match kreider's top speed.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Price is practicing with Waite an hour before team practice.
UGH.

Not the best sign in the world. Clearly if he wasnt injured or tweaked his knee, he wouldnt have to practice before the team practice.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Said it before we played the rangers that the emelin/markov pairing would have serious trouble with NY's speed. This series might seriously affect how both are dealt with during the offseason.

The solution may be far too risky for the likes of MT.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Price is practicing with Waite an hour before team practice.
UGH.

Not the best sign in the world. Clearly if he wasnt injured or tweaked his knee, he wouldnt have to practice before the team practice.

Maybe it's just a precaution that is best dealt with one on one.

I mean, if it was that bad, he wouldn't put his equipment on.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Maybe it's just a precaution that is best dealt with one on one.

I mean, if it was that bad, he wouldn't put his equipment on.

Agreed. I would not be surprised if he was planning on skipping the practice (which would I assume be optional) so he's pracitcing one on one before.

I'm probably making a big deal about it.. but anything is worrying me with Price. I just didnt like how he was moving around after the hit on Kreider. Really looked bothered.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Agreed. I would not be surprised if he was planning on skipping the practice (which would I assume be optional) so he's pracitcing one on one before.

I'm probably making a big deal about it.. but anything is worrying me with Price. I just didnt like how he was moving around after the hit on Kreider. Really looked bothered.

No i would have been bothered at that point also.
Collision aside the free lanes and sraightline speed given the Rangers would bother any goalie.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
No i would have been bothered at that point also.
Collision aside the free lanes and sraightline speed given the Rangers would bother any goalie.

I meant bothered by the 'injury' if there was one. I mean his saves after wards were pretty generic. Unless he just gave up... (which I doubt) He looked slow as heck after the hit. But it's possible it's just me.
It's possible my brain put that game on slow mode because of how bad it was.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Although Kreiger is reckless, he was tripped.

No he wasn't . At ALL. He went full speed to the net and flipped himself skates up. The replay showed Emelin had no significant contact with him. Kreider himself acknowledged there was no real reason, other than he was focused on the puck, for him to fall.

One thing's for sure, it's open season on Lundqvist. Not going out to injure him, but if this is the bar they want to set -- I've got no problem making things Gallagher-esque difficult for him. Gally's got his work cut out. Accidental on purpose, as Hughson would say.

It's open season on Lundqvist and when the time is appropriate it should be open season on Kreider. This isn't a police investigation, where we need to know Kreider's motives, thoughts at the time, and examine his prior convictions. He ran the goalie, and this is a sin in hockey. In a 7-2 game yesterday Kreider should have been dealt with harshly. The fact that he wasn't means there's something outstanding on someone's to-do list.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
the knee is either hyper-extended or bruised --either way it's probably sore and will affect his ability to move...he has to gut it out tomorrow and then has three full days off which will help.
I truly hope the Habs go hard to the net tomorrow and I hope Kreider gets ****ing drilled by Subban or Emelin

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
the knee is either hyper-extended or bruised --either way it's probably sore and will affect his ability to move...he has to gut it out tomorrow and then has three full days off which will help.
I truly hope the Habs go hard to the net tomorrow and I hope Kreider gets ****ing drilled by Subban or Emelin

Two full days off between Game 2 and 3. But yeah, I dont expect him to take part in any practice between that time.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I meant bothered by the 'injury' if there was one. I mean his saves after wards were pretty generic. Unless he just gave up... (which I doubt) He looked slow as heck after the hit. But it's possible it's just me.
It's possible my brain put that game on slow mode because of how bad it was.

The Kreider breakaway was just a bad read by Price but like I said he was undone by then.
The Richards goal was Price cheating and his attempt to get back wasn't pretty. Keep in mind his weight transfer would have been on his right side not his left on that play so although it looked slow it was more him getting caught out.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
No he wasn't . At ALL. He went full speed to the net and flipped himself skates up. The replay showed Emelin had no significant contact with him. Kreider himself acknowledged there was no real reason, other than he was focused on the puck, for him to fall.

It's open season on Lundqvist and when the time is appropriate it should be open season on Kreider. This isn't a police investigation, where we need to know Kreider's motives, thoughts at the time, and examine his prior convictions. He ran the goalie, and this is a sin in hockey. In a 7-2 game yesterday Kreider should have been dealt with harshly. The fact that he wasn't means there's something outstanding on someone's to-do list.

No doubt, I'm sure he preferred ramming himself into the goal post than actually taking a shot.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Are you just trolling?

He has the purely altruistic purpose of teaching habs fans how clean and innocent a player Kreider is and how much of a terrible human being Emelin is for viciously slashing him and making him lose control at the breakneck speed of ... 22 mph. TWENTY TWO.

Moves Like Jagr

Oct 20, 2011
Kitchener
No doubt, I'm sure he preferred ramming himself into the goal post than actually taking a shot.

Why do rangers fans feel the need to come to the habs boars and try and defend kreider? I believe other posters have showed a video of him doing the same thing to Anderson? I didn't watch the video so can't comment. Rangers fans will say he didn't do it on purpose and habs fans will say he did. Rangers fans coming here accomplishes nothing so why not stay on your own board? Not saying this to be a dick so apologies of it seems that way.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

This is not going to help. The first issue is how the F did we allow such easy access to our throat.
If anyone felt that Kreider ran Price on purpose and didn't take measures last game it's too late now.
You can be sure the officials know it is a sore point now and coming unhinged is the very worse thing we can do. The only way we get a shot at it is either get up/down by 3-4 goals.

i can think of a good number of coaches who would have sacrificed a Bourque on the altar of retribution and made sure that he went to their net and never stopped.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar

I can't see how this series will affect Markov and Emelin, not significantly. I mean, maybe Therrien will think of a way to put them on different pairs next year, as the younger mobile guys get worked into the mix. But that's about it? Emelin was signed for big money already. Everybody will still want Markov, he got exposed in other games before, it's nothing new, but he's net huge positive for the team despite that. The Rangers are much more the exception than the rule anyway. We can get 117 pts next season, and we only need to fear facing them in the Conference Finals again anyway, so it's no biggie.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I can't see how this series will affect Markov and Emelin, not significantly. I mean, maybe Therrien will think of a way to put them on different pairs next year, as the younger mobile guys get worked into the mix. But that's about it? Emelin was signed for big money already. Everybody will still want Markov, he got exposed in other games before, it's nothing new, but he's net huge positive for the team despite that. The Rangers are much more the exception than the rule anyway. We can get 117 pts next season, and we only need to fear facing them in the Conference Finals again anyway, so it's no biggie.
Hey, I just learned that mods can quote posts in closed threads. Whee! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad