We need new avatars!!

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Hey guys,

Our playoffs avatars were great, I think at least half the guys around here agree! :sarcasm:

But we'll need something coming into the season. And judging by how long it took us last spring, I'd say we better get started now.

We need a theme, a catch phrase, something that everybody will associate with the Habs.

-Stay Thirsty: old theme, been used before, but hey, it fits.

-Youngblood: we do have a lot of young guys.

-"Referee fund", "Montreal typical" etc. something from our discussions last spring.

This is just a thread to get things started, so the floor is open.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I think we learned from the playoffs that opposing fanbases don't get anything but the simplest and basest "jokes".

As much as I'd like a slightly more complicated theme, I loved Canada's Team, not many people got it. So let's keep it simple, go for Referee Fund or something similar and tell everyone they can shove it.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I think we learned from the playoffs that opposing fanbases don't get anything but the simplest and basest "jokes".

As much as I'd like a slightly more complicated theme, I loved Canada's Team, not many people got it. So let's keep it simple, go for Referee Fund or something similar and tell everyone they can shove it.

Agreed, I was sort of pumped for having something a little more sophisticated last spring. Now I'd be fine with "Referee fund". Especially if we have a counter going up (or down!) as the season goes. :laugh:

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
Getting ready for next spring, eh?

Shhhhhhhhh

Trying to enjoy summer here. :thumbd:

84d543be-42da-4426-b96d-e5a54b6d3e09_500.jpg

Thank you Montreal for that beautiful weather <3

To stay on topic I'm in for the referee fund too :laugh:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Last post of the first page in the 'No Captain this season' topic:

That would fit in well :D

Yeah, lets go for captaincy 2014-2015

Woah I didn't mean to get this thread going!

Avatar: your player, why he'd be a good/great captain for Montréal (funny, original, typical content), etc.?

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
We should do something to troll other fan bases somehow.

That's for immature fifteen year old kids.

If we act like mature adults, we might get some respect from other fan bases instead of being looked on as mindless whining idiots.

Last edited:

Saintpatrick*

If we act like mature adults, we might get some respect from other fan bases instead of being looked on as mindless whining idiots.

As much as I agree with that, part of me wants to troll other fan bases or stick it to them somehow like we did with the Canada's team theme. No matter what we do other fan bases will hate us anyway.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
As much as I agree with that, part of me wants to troll other fan bases or stick it to them somehow like we did with the Canada's team theme. No matter what we do other fan bases will hate us anyway.

Could have joke themed avatars about diving fines. Our fines will be measured in Classlessness instead of dollars.

One

Sep 18, 2007
Montreal

Funny thing... you shouldnt care about looks or approval from other people, specially from forums... You'll live longer.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...I like the idea of a "Montreal Needs Money" theme...something like a 4-screener with:

Screen 1: Please Help...the Habs need your donations

Screen 2: Referee Fund

Screen 3: Diving Fines

Screen 4: PK in the Money Suit

:laugh:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Everyone attacks the Habs and Habs fans anyway, so what's your point? Might as well take power over the narrative.

If they're gonna claim the refs are on our side, we shouldn't let them frame it to their whim, we should take ownership over it.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The captaincy campain 2014-15

Or Ponies, but I believe I would be alone with that... :laugh:

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
"For as little as the cost of a cup of coffee a day, you can ensure young ones like Tomas and PK don't have to pay diving fines out of their own pocket.

Please give generously."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad