We need more Sweden vs Finland hockey

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yes, I am a Swede living in Stockholm. :)

A Swede loving physical offensive NHL hockey but SEL not so much. I love to follow the Swedish players in the NHL. I would love NHL sized rinks in Sweden to make it a more fun fast paced offensive hockey (many former NHLers in Sweden is sharing this view).

I think it would be fun trying an NHL like League like KHL with one or two teams from Sweden and the rest of Europe. SEL will live on.

KHL is the only League (and Russia the country) in europe which could make this happen, they have the money and money talks. Like I have written before in this thread there are unfortunately small chances to success though but I would like a serious try?

My "little brother" thing was a bit stupid, I'm sorry about that. It shouldn't take focus from my hockey views though. What I do know is that Russia is growing in a very rapid pace with more millioners than anywhere in Europe. In Sweden we always say "It's the maffia, I would never do business there. etc etc"... Yes, they do have some serious problems with corruptance etc, but things are happening in a very fast pace. We should welcome them and doing business with them instead of being afraid and avoiding them.

The world is changing, Russia is changing, europe is changing, hockey is changing, money talks.

Russia is a hockey crazy country and they have the money, we'll have to wait and see what happens with Jokerit and how it turns out.

From the net: Russia is a country that spans both Europe and Asia, but only about one-quarter of Russia lies in Europe. Despite this, Russia is still larger than Europe by millions of square kilometers. Russia is the largest country in the world and is larger than three, almost four, continents.

Yup, but for the worse(THAT law).

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
Yes, also a good suggestion. A three game matchup with good money for the winner?

I don't think that will work at all. It will just be business as usual and then to top off the season there is some kind of "nordic finale" after the celebrations of the domestic championship is over. To really get this to stick there have to be some more intermixing during the season so that.

It might be a start playing a nordic finale but to be honest - that format will not excite that many people. It has to be A LOT of money involved. Prestige beats money any day.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
So.... winners from SHL and SM-Liiga could just play against each other? :dunno:

No they can't because KHL exist. :sarcasm:

People want more Finland - Sweden hockey and no one will give rats ass what KHL or KHL fans think about it. It's happening in different countries, different cultures, different leagues. If they leaders of the leagues and Hockey Federations want it to happen, it will happen. NHL or KHL will not be asked for opinions, and if they give them, they will not be listened over our own ones. It's hasn't been on the headlines now, but things happen fast you know? They are not blind nor stupid: It's pretty sure they are having conversation how to keep peoples intrest here in the future too, and how to develop hockey played here, on our rules.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Imagine Helsingfors IFK starting a rivalry with Stockholms AIK. :yo:

Love it! We really need some new rivalry to pop up, since the monkeys playing in the second tier nowadays (djurgården)

And I can just imagine the ferry rides between Stockholm-Helsinki. Classic.

Get it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad