Post-Game Talk: We Lost. When's Next Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Love Babcock.

He felt embaressed about that performance on home ice, and is sending the message that it's unnacceptable to play like that, especially in our own building, as Babcock said "the fans deserved more".

This management is driving the message home that being a Leaf is a privilege and embarrassing the logo and the city like that means you won't last long. Something about this management team man... so much faith.

(And yes, every team gets bag skated every now and again, but it's the message Babcock is sending them)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
:laugh: the power went out at the Leafs practice and Babcock made them keep skating. It's like Herb Brooks in Miracle.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
The power going off and the team still practicing is gold :). Really is a Mighty Ducks like feel to all this :laugh:.

And frankly...not undeserved. They didn't show up and he's not going to stand for that. Losing happens. Getting outplayed happens. But you have to still really show up and try.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Glad I got rid of last night tix and will be there Friday.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The power going off and the team still practicing is gold :). Really is a Mighty Ducks like feel to all this :laugh:.

And frankly...not undeserved. They didn't show up and he's not going to stand for that. Losing happens. Getting outplayed happens. But you have to still really show up and try.

:laugh: like, DID YOU THINK YOU WOULD GET OUT OF IT BECAUSE OF NO POWER?! faaasstteerrr.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
That was the worst performance I've seen from the Leafs in some time, which is saying something. They were actually outplayed in every metric for the entire 60 minutes. I think they had a couple of shifts in the 2nd with some sustained pressure and that's it. A loss like that is never acceptable.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Seems pretty pointless to me

very pointless, especially with the added risk of skating in the dark, but just the bag skate on it's own maybe the rookies will take it seriously (I doubt it) but do you think the vets haven't had to do one before. Well if anyone has done one before it clearly doesn't create results because look they are doing another one. Also what does Babs do? he has been outcoached numerous times this year, including last night.

catgoldfish

Nov 15, 2004
British Columbia
Need to change up the defense. Really not a Gardiner fan. Would love to see Corrado come in for once. Also Marincin is showing his true colors.

Rielly Zaitsev
Hunwick Corrado
Gardiner Polak
Carrick

Would love to see Gardiner traded for another dman that's more aggressive and not a wuss like Jake is. That is a very bad D. Only ones I would keep are Rielly and Zaitsev. Both shouldn't really be playing together as they're both offensive dmen but they're the best ones we have. All of the rest should be in the minors.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Need to change up the defense. Really not a Gardiner fan. Would love to see Corrado come in for once. Also Marincin is showing his true colors.

Rielly Zaitsev
Hunwick Corrado
Gardiner Polak
Carrick

Would love to see Gardiner traded for another dman that's more aggressive and not a wuss like Jake is. That is a very bad D. Only ones I would keep are Rielly and Zaitsev. Both shouldn't really be playing together as they're both offensive dmen but they're the best ones we have. All of the rest should be in the minors.

While I mostly agree, the Gardiner wuss **** is a bit much. There is not a Dman there out of the bottom 5 there I want to keep past this years deadline. Might as well watch our Mariles D (Valiev, Nielsen and Dermott) make the same mistakes as Hunwick, Polak and Marincin only they can learn from their mistakes the latter 3 a obviously not capable

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Babcock is just what the doctor ordered for the Leafs.

The players can NOT tune him out. He can not lose the room. You either buy in or you're gone. That's how it should be but unfortunately is not. These players know that Babcock is untouchable and lies ahead of them in the importance chain. You have NO choice but to play hard.

Mikejfs

Feb 14, 2016
Stoney Creek Ontario
That was the worst performance I've seen from the Leafs in some time, which is saying something. They were actually outplayed in every metric for the entire 60 minutes. I think they had a couple of shifts in the 2nd with some sustained pressure and that's it. A loss like that is never acceptable.

While I totally agree a loss like that is never acceptable, we have to remember that we did finish in 30th place last year. Plus with all the in-experience we have on the team, we are going to get games like last night every now and again. As fans we are going to have to accept that and hope they put forth a better effort the next game. Go Leafs Go!!

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
I'm not sure calling any player who makes
the NHL a wuss is justified. Also I'm sure a Hunwick-Corrado is just what the Leafs need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad