Post-Game Talk: We Lost. When's Next Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
While I totally agree a loss like that is never acceptable, we have to remember that we did finish in 30th place last year. Plus with all the in-experience we have on the team, we are going to get games like last night every now and again. As fans we are going to have to accept that and hope they put forth a better effort the next game. Go Leafs Go!!

Ok...out of pure curiosity what does have to do with this years' team?
We're getting close to the 15 game mark, and its pretty obvious the 2 teams are quite different.

Very little has carried over from last year, and this past is getting tiresome.

Mikejfs

Feb 14, 2016
Stoney Creek Ontario
We're getting close to the 15 game mark, and its pretty obvious the 2 teams are quite different.

Yes last years team and this years team are different. However, we are rebuilding and we cannot expect to go from 30th place to Stanley Cup or playoff contender in 1 year.
And as a rebuilding team we are probably going to have real stinkers every now and again.

Sorry, I've been a Leaf fan for 50 years and like you the past is getting tiresome to me as well. I just don't want to get myself to excited or expect too much from a young team just to be disappointed again. Does that make sense?? lol

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Yes last years team and this years team are different. However, we are rebuilding and we cannot expect to go from 30th place to Stanley Cup or playoff contender in 1 year.
And as a rebuilding team we are probably going to have real stinkers every now and again.

Sorry, I've been a Leaf fan for 50 years and like you the past is getting tiresome to me as well. I just don't want to get myself to excited or expect too much from a young team just to be disappointed again. Does that make sense?? lol

Yeah, they were overwhelmed by the physicality yesterday. It was disappointing.

Marner throwing a hit on one of the big LA dudes towards the end of the game still put a smile on my face. Don't know why but I like watching that little kid wear the leaf uniform.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009

B/U so much

Someone else posted in another thread what the Pens were like after drafting Fleury and Malkin. Still bottom feeders that netted them Crosby.

Temper expectations, and expect growing pains. Seeing players like Matthews, Marner, Nylander performing the way they are so far, is great.

Zaitsev is still technically a rookie, but he has plenty of pro experience.

It's going to take time. When this team gets more experience, and really turns the corner, Rogers is getting my money for a PVR.

BUT IT'S GOING TO TAKE TIME!

edit: I should also add, Marner still continues to impress me. He's always the first forward back, and not afraid to hit a guy twice his size.

Last edited:

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011

Getting better takes time, it doesn't happen overnight. A 25-30 point jump is enormous for any team, regardless of how much turnover there is. And that still wouldn't get us in the playoffs. Yes, the teams are different, but we're still extremely young and inexperienced. The quicker people accept this, the less disappointment there will be in the second half

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
Getting better takes time, it doesn't happen overnight. A 25-30 point jump is enormous for any team, regardless of how much turnover there is. And that still wouldn't get us in the playoffs. Yes, the teams are different, but we're still extremely young and inexperienced. The quicker people accept this, the less disappointment there will be in the second half

One huge difference I'm hoping will happen is that The Impatient Fan will not change the path of our current management team.

In the past I think that the powers to be would kowtow to the VOCAL minority of whiners and complainers and try to expedite our team growth and development.

I fully expect our current guys to stay the course and not cave in to The Impatient Fan who has had their day/decades in the sun and needs to be out to pasture.

We are 13 games in with a boatload of rookies and we have fans already panicking and wanting to change up lines and players and schemes already. It's laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad