Post-Game Talk (GBU): "We lost to THESE GUYS?!?" -Sharks fans right now

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
So what coaches are out there without a team or some bright new minds out there that can replace these clowns we have?

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Good: Nolan's decision to put together such a terrible line-up that even *he* could rationalize giving Reinhart some PP time. :handclap:

Bad: Nolan's decision to wait so long on healthy scratching useless wings, cuz now he's got too many worthy for some press box time (Moulson, Stewart and Foligno come to mind).

Ugly: Nolan's decision to break-up anything that *is* actually working in order to fix his fixation with Ennis as 1C locked to Moulson.

Scary: Nolan's decision next game which, at best guess, will be to try yet another guy to get Moulson-Ennis going. Scary because at this rate Neuvirth will be playing wing to Moulson-Ennis.

Pathetic: Nolan's decision to presume he should have any word on the line-ups.

Fruity: Nolan's decision to rely on ra-ra-ra "compete" speeches indefinitely, because eventually no amount of ra-ra-ra can make up for how helpless these guys are under the current coaching "style".

Obvious: That I'm off the "give Nolan the benefit of the doubt" fence.

Sane: My decision to start drinking on game nights in the future. I'm a happy drunk, love everyone, so should be able to like Nolan again by morning. Sigh.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Myers did try to do too much but no one else was doing much. He showed great passion and determination and skated well. Some of the pp stuff. Oh most of it was inexplicable!

He's playing good hockey. It's a shame. I'm begging not trade him when his value is low based on stats.

Ted Nolan's game plan is what? Tell me.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 14s15 seconds ago
Josh Gorges absolutely ripped the Sabres to shreds.

Yeah I bet

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Ted Nolan has just revealed the Sabres post-game song for the duration of the season...

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Fruity: Nolan's decision to rely on ra-ra-ra "compete" speeches indefinitely, because eventually no amount of ra-ra-ra can make up for how helpless these guys are under the current coaching "style".

"It doesn’t matter what type of system you play in the world. The two main ingredients is work and effort, and we didn’t have neither"

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY

Yeah I bet

Someone said in the GDT that someone's gotta lead when Gorges was identified as someone who isn't in a position to do so because of unworthy play

Glad to see that him leading is the case

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca

Yeah I bet

Awesome. I would've loved to hear that.

G:
That sequence when Sammy stripped the puck from a defender off the wall and made a nice move toward the net to get a backhand off.
Sammy getting a FULL minute of powerplay time
B:
Meszaros is going to be the goat for this season.
U:
Shutout 4 times already.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
"It doesn’t matter what type of system you play in the world. The two main ingredients is work and effort, and we didn’t have neither"

Yep. A truism for sure ^^.

Another is that no amount of individual work and effort is useful in the void of no system, no strategy, no plan - and seemingly no concept on how to put together a team of individual parts.

Sorry, I haven't started drinking yet so am still not in my happy place and able to "like" everyone, especially Nolan, right now. Maybe later.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Yeah I bet

Oh, Bill Hoppe has access to the Sabres in closed door post game situations? Or did he hear it through the closed door? Or was there even a closed door to begin with? Gorges "ripped" the team in front of several reporters? I'd like to know these answers. Can this be independently verified?

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Oh, Bill Hoppe has access to the Sabres in closed door post game situations? Or did he hear it through the closed door? Or was there even a closed door to begin with? Gorges "ripped" the team in front of several reporters? I'd like to know these answers. Can this be independently verified?

I'm sure Gorges wasn't whispering.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Good: Nolan's decision to put together such a terrible line-up that even *he* could rationalize giving Reinhart some PP time. :handclap:

Bad: Nolan's decision to wait so long on healthy scratching useless wings, cuz now he's got too many worthy for some press box time (Moulson, Stewart and Foligno come to mind).

Ugly: Nolan's decision to break-up anything that *is* actually working in order to fix his fixation with Ennis as 1C locked to Moulson.

Scary: Nolan's decision next game which, at best guess, will be to try yet another guy to get Moulson-Ennis going. Scary because at this rate Neuvirth will be playing wing to Moulson-Ennis.

Pathetic: Nolan's decision to presume he should have any word on the line-ups.

Obvious: That I'm off the "give Nolan the benefit of the doubt" fence.

Sane: My decision to start drinking on game nights in the future. I'm a happy drunk, love everyone, so should be able to like Nolan again by morning. Sigh.

That's all great, but the real question is why Nolan was retained as the full-time coach in the first place.

Bps21*

That's all great, but the real question is why Nolan was retained as the full-time coach in the first place.

Because finishing last was the goal.

And it made the mouthbreathers really happy because they all remember hard workin Teddy from the 90s!

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Because when you finish in last place by a wide margin an argument can be made that you should fire your coach. Easier to keep Nolan around for that chopping block than to hire our "coach of the future" before enduring this season.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I remember hearing last year that Nolan doesn't have a system, he's a "player's coach". Whatever the hell that means. He relies on his assistants to instill a system. In any case there is obviously no system in place right now and it shows.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
One more ugly: Hurricanes just lost. Again.

Not worried in the least. They're bad; we're worse. All the faith in the world that over the course of 82 games, the standings will reflect as much.

Tank on, brothers and sisters!

G: Myers
Girgensons
Reinhart (loving his play. Send him back to Kootenay and get him far, far away from this tire fire)
Risto
Isles lost

B:
This team.
Nolan. Ready for a new coach when you are, Timmy.
I had to watch the TSN broadcast, and that entire crew was just torpedoing Myers' value as a trade chip and player left and right. I hope we keep him so we can watch him skate the Cup around FNC in a few years and feed them all crow.

U:
Still just October
Leino
Phaneuf
Darren Pang on the Blues' broadcast defending Hull in the crease. Made me want to break something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad