We lose. Hope you'll be healthy soon Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Wow Habs... you ****ed that up big time. Win tomorrow. Hope Lars is OK. Hope Gryba gets hit by a bus.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The Sens got to where they are with all their injuries because they rarely make mistakes. Which means you have to be just about letter perfect when you play against them. Two things did us in:

1) Failing to capitalize on the 5-on-3. Going up by 2 at that stage would have been huge. You can't waste a minute-plus 5-on-3 in the playoffs and not have it come back to bite you.

2) Price on the 2nd and 4th goals, and Gorges/Bourque on the 3rd goal. You can't give up bad goals, and you can't turn the puck over in your own zone.

Also the team as a whole lacked urgency when they needed it most. We've had trouble giving consistent 60 minute efforts all season and we needed our 3rd period to be our best period tonight, and it wasn't. Price, Desharnais, Ryder, Gionta, Prust, Gorges and Diaz all need to be much, much better.

Back at it tomorrow, at least.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I hate Desharnais but Pacioretty has been just as pathetic. Use your ****ing size and drive the net instead of taking these weak ass wrist shots.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
And that game right there is why Bergevin did not ''go for it''.

Team is still very far from being a playoff contender. What a pathetic 3rd period after no killer instinct on that 5 on 3, with Price at the top of the list to blame.

agreed. team not built for playoff goals. Desharnais, Gionta, ...struggle in N/S game...Eller gets injured and our Size at center evaporates. (save for youngest center in NHL)
no size outside a raw rookie on D...
things have to improve

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
I wanted them to get bigger in the offseason.

But we can't score on a 5-3... IN THE PLAYOFFS.

And our goalie is average.

And we're small.

I predict another 3 years of mediocre hockey.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
1) Eller better be okay or his absence could have a similar effect to Emelin's
2) Price....
3) our defense is soffffttt. Diaz and Gorges were particularly bad today.
4) Desharnais, Ryder, Gionta WAKE UP!!!

Apr 28, 2010
I bet Caps/Pens fans are saying hey now you know how we feel in 2010.

I knew Anderson can win a game by himself.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We needed to show more killer instinct on that 5-on-3 PP. Got way too cute.

Price giving up that 2nd goal was a killer - and the 3rd and 4th goal. But, we were still playing well up to the tying goal. That sucked the sails out of the Habs game.

Price was awful and so was his buddy Gorges.

Get well soon Eller.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
So when a Hab player gets blown up....the response is, do nothing as far as retribution, and lose the game.

Can't say that flies with me.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Does this team have a captain? You know, the guy who's supposed to be an example for the others? The guy who lead his team?....

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I can't really say horrible effort.. we got 50 shots, but if you read between the lines, a lot of players weren't great. Gionta, DD, Plekanec, Markov, Gorges, Diaz (post-Eller), etc.

The super rookies and Rene Bourque were the best players on the ice, a long with Subban.

We were flat in the 3rd, but its understanding why after Eller left.

Price **** the bed. I'm 100% in the Budaj starting boat.

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
Good thing I'm not a player. My stick would have automatically become a weapon after that Eller hit. My anger issues are one of the reasons I didn't pursue hockey as a career. The other reason being I can't skate worth **** :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad