We lose. Hope you'll be healthy soon Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Whoever wants to light a fire under the Habs' players ass.

I have faith in Carey Price. He needs to step it up if we're going to win this, but we've seen how Price can play when he's on his game and he's a top five goaltender when he's on. He needs to turn it on. He's capable of it, he can do it, and I have faith he will tonight.

I'm driving to Montreal tonight at around 5:30, so I'll be missing some of the game, which English radio station can I listen to for the first 30 minutes of the game until I get to my cousin's house?
I have faith in Price too. His play at the end of the season is concerning. The 5 hole goal would never have been seen from him earlier this year and while I didn't see the game, that goal is a backbreaker. No excuse.

But I believe in the guy. If we lose to Anderson playing like God so be it. But Price can't let in crappy goals like that one. It's one thing to get beaten by a Godlike goalie, it's a whole other story to beat yourself.

As for folks calling for us to play Budaj, I totally disagree. You stick with Price to the end. Here's hoping (for his sake and ours) that he plays well tonight because it's going to get dark real quick if he lets in a softie.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't understand most of you.
first on the Eller hit, the sens fans think that the head was never hit and Basically Eller smashed his own face in when the dove to the ice. WOW just WOW. Eller was hit in the head, the shoulder pad hit Eller in the head, the damage was done because the Sens player was coming at a fast pace to make a BIG open ice hit. The rules are clear. YOU CAN'T HIT THE HEAD for any reason. When you look at the speed of the sens player you see the intent to injure. People look for an elbow or leaving the feet, that did not happen, now look at the speed the sens player used and like it or not his shoulder pad hit Eller in the face. That where all the damage was done, not by Eller diving for the ice at 40MPH smashing his own face to bits. " judge sir it's not my fault, I shot my gun but he did not get out of the way of the bullet so it was clearly suicide " suicide pass or not, YOU CAN"T HIT THE HEAD
Actually that's not the rule. You can hit the head with incidental contact. You can't target the head. His head wasn't targeted. The shoulder was down, no elbow, no leaving the feet... just a big crushing open ice hit.

Horrible injury but not dirty and shouldn't be suspended.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I am more worried about Eller's future than the series to be honest. Totally lost interest in this game after seeing the hit...a loss seemed inevitable.

Eller looked like he might be a solid long term core piece with his size, physical play, speed, D, and now O (30 points in last 42 games). Wouldn't be surprised if this sets him back. :(

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Well I had the pleasure of missing the game last night at a pre-screening of Iron Man3. At the time I was upset about it but now I guess I was better off.

Saw the highlights and Price giving up the goal through the five hole is pathetic. That never used to happen with him... not sure what's up with him but it's not good.

We might even have bigger problems at the other end of the ice with Anderson making 48 freaking saves. Two goals on 50 shots? That's nuts.

As for Eller, ugly situation but I don't think it's a suspension. Won't surprise me if the league gives him a game because the result was so ugly but it's a suicide pass up the middle... I don't think the hit was dirty but there's definitely head contact. The guy might wind up with a game but I don't know that he really deserves it. But man what an ugly hit that was...

Funny - I was invited to that prescreening but couldn't go (have a buddy in the business). In retrospect I wish... ah whatever... you know...

I see this series as the proving ground for Price. We keep talking about his potential, but at some point potential is whittled away and you become defined only by real results. And here we are in the playoffs, where real results have no place to hide. Last night left me as mystified as you and more than a bit worried. But still, one game isn't a series. Price can bounce back. We've said this before. The difference this time is that unless Price has a great series, his reputation may take a permanent hit that all the potential in the world won't be able to cure.

We need to know whether Price is what his potential says he is, and the only way is to give him this series and see what he does with it. Final judgments are reserved for now.

almostjesus*

No one defends our players. If that hit would have happened to someone on the Bruins or the Leafs or the Canucks...philly....Detroit...the list goes on..there would have been some scuffles.

How are our young players supposed to feel confident out there knowing that not a single person out there but 2 guys will stand up for them; Prust and White..and White's on a leash.

This is garbage.

We're out in the 1st, no question about it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
No one defends our players. If that hit would have happened to someone on the Bruins or the Leafs or the Canucks...philly....Detroit...the list goes on..there would have been some scuffles.

How are our young players supposed to feel confident out there knowing that not a single person out there but 2 guys will stand up for them; Prust and White..and White's on a leash.

This is garbage.

We're out in the 1st, no question about it.

I wonder how many people would be talking about 'defending' if we'd won the game. I vote for Price 'defending' the net better.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Notwithstanding his terrible pass to Eller, I thought Diaz was worse than terrible, especially after that pass. It's the worst I have seen him play in two years.

Price could have stopped all four goals. I've never been critical of him but he really looks "off" right now. It won't happen, but I'd almost be more confident with Budaj in net. Here's to hoping Price figures things out quickly.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Regardless of Lars condition, and Price's play, the Habs have to solve Anderson. Immediately.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Bottom Line is that one team's goalie stopped 48 of 50 shots. The other team's goalie stopped 27 of 31 shots. Anderson was fantastic and Price was average. Price has been average for far too long. He's a great goalie when he's "in the zone" but when is the last time he was in that zone? Great goalies stand on their heads, not let in terrible goals (which Price has done all year). Time for the real Carey Price to show up. Simple as that...

First post after game. I'm in Asia and I had to work hard all day. I blocked the game from my mind at 10 AM, when it ended here. I put the game in my lock box.

Now it's back. And I am not happy.

I love the guy, but Price has one more chance, tonight. That's the way it goes. He's old enough and experienced enough.

Price loses, it's Budaj on Sunday.

OH my ****ing god I could not have predicted a worse start.

Eller. What the ****.

And a legal dis allowed tying goal.

I am just like **** off. Awful. Awful first game. I cannot believe it went that badly for Habs.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Can't blame this loss solely on Price.

Yes. In fact. You can. And Price would agree.

WTF is with you apologists? Price is paid to win games in the playoffs for Habs. Is it that hard to understand?

WTF do you think top NHL goalies are paid for? Wins in October?

They are paid to do what Anderson did tonight. Go into the ****ing Bell center, and steal game one, away, in the payoffs.

Price had better do the same, and do it soon, or this team has a big problem to deal with this summer and next year.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Price has yet to reach Chris Osgood level, much less 6.5 million a year level. He's not utterly terrible, but some of the goals scored on him are pretty weak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->