GDT: We have a game in a few hours

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Svech looked incredible tonight. Then again, I say that after just about every game.

I thought we were the better team by a good margin, though you wouldn't see it in the shot count. Our shots were way more dangerous on average. They had some good bounces go their way, and their goalie played pretty well. It was weird, I thought Andersen looked better than Brossoit, but Brossoit got bailed out time after time by his defense. Even though Brossoit made more big saves than Andersen. I thought Andersen's rebound control was excellent.

For the officiating, they were certainly letting a LOT go tonight. But it is a massive double standard to call Teuvo's breathing near the guy and not call players being hauled down in front of the net. A few of those were legit defensive plays, and a few were clear penalties in my book.

I kept saying the puck dies on Pesce's stick, and then in the third I thought he made a few good keep ins and shots on the net. That said, it's funny how Skjei has been much more dangerous offensively this year. Slavin too. And Tony. Pesce is hardly more offensive than Ian Cole, which I'd never thought I would say this year.

Yeah, I was certainly expecting the refs to let Vegas get away with murder during their PK when down 3-1 but didn't really figure they'd let them do it the rest of the way. Though given the season thus far I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they did.

2Minutes4Surging

Jul 5, 2017
Durham, NC
While there are some ugly moments as he works to find a happy medium between aggressive and conservative, Necas dangling is a good sign. If you have speed and the ability to stickhandle, you're a gamebreaker. He looked so much like Point/MacKinnon looping in the neutral zone and attacking with speed in his final few shifts of the game.
His forecheck was probably the best of anyone last night too.

Reactions: DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
All you need to know about the quality of the reffing last night is that, right after kicking Jordo out of the crease on the faceoff, they kicked Roy out as well, only to watch Roy skate to the wing and right back to the dot to take the faceoff without anyone realizing what happened.

When they're missing the easy obvious things like that, its absolutely no wonder that they were completely botching the on ice action as well.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
All you need to know about the quality of the reffing last night is that, right after kicking Jordo out of the crease on the faceoff, they kicked Roy out as well, only to watch Roy skate to the wing and right back to the dot to take the faceoff without anyone realizing what happened.

When they're missing the easy obvious things like that, its absolutely no wonder that they were completely botching the on ice action as well.

Shouldn't they fine him for that shit?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
While there are some ugly moments as he works to find a happy medium between aggressive and conservative, Necas dangling is a good sign. If you have speed and the ability to stickhandle, you're a gamebreaker. He looked so much like Point/MacKinnon looping in the neutral zone and attacking with speed in his final few shifts of the game.

I'm fine with him doing this. It puts defenses on their heels.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Svech is a beast. He's physical enough to dominate any game if he so desires. He's agile enough to skate around anyone, but more than willing to skate through you if you get in his way. And he's sneaky fast, he had at least 2 breakaways where he just turnstyled the defense to go 1v1 with the goalie in OT before setting up Aho. And of course, he's now smart enough to know when to let someone else get themselves worked up and use it against them, just like he did in OT when the Vegas player was trying to get under his skin on the faceoff about 20 seconds before dog walking that same guy for the takeaway directly leading to the goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad