GDT: We got this, the Caps are Dun and don!

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
62CBD589-6280-4F87-8EB3-A256A2BE95B5.jpeg

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Darling made several good saves and was overall much more composed. That said, team defense was much better than the past 2 games, and they were blocking shots consistently.

Interesting.

The best I've seen Darling play in a Carolina uniform was the game against Columbus. What I noticed then and I noticed in what I briefly saw tonight is that Darling looked much more in control with greater defensive support. That is to say, he has looked better when the Canes play a conservative brand of defensive hockey. When things open up and the team allows the opposition to attack with speed, it has been a struggle for him. I sometimes wonder if the system the Canes generally want to play is well suited for a goalie of his size, or Lack's for that matter.

Perhaps this is just confirmation bias on my part, though.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Guys, why do you think Peters had again separated Aho and Teräväinen? They have so great chemistry together, that it is really fun to watch that line when they play together with Staal. Not that Lindholm is bad or anything, but in my opinion the line with Lindholm there instead of Teräväinen is not as dynamic. Maybe it works better defensively though? And anyway it was a great win, so I’m not really complaining. Just trying to better understand the thinking behind the line change. Spreading offensive wealth maybe? And also making Staal’s line better defensively against the tough Capitals?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Guys, why do you think Peters had again separated Aho and Teräväinen? They have so great chemistry together, that is really fun to watch that line when they play together with Staal. Not that Lindholm is bad or anything, but in my opinion the line with Lindholm there instead of Teräväinen is not as dynamic. Maybe it works better defensively though? And anyway it was a great win, so I’m not really complaining. Just trying to better understand the thinking behind the line change. Spreading offensive wealth maybe? And also making Staal’s line better defensively against the tough Capitals?

Speculating, but probably because the Skinner line was so bad the last couple of games and on the road, the other team can dictate matchups. So he changed it up to spread the wealth a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad