Pre-Game Talk: We don't talk about lines around here, so here are the lines for Pens at CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

#Pens lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Vitale Conner-Jokinen-Neal Gibbons-Sutter-Kobasew Glass-Sill-Adams

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

Rob Scuderi skating with Brian Dumoulin at #Penguins practice.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

#Pens D-pairs: Orpik-Engelland Niskanen-Maatta Despres-Bortuzzo Scuderi-Dumoulin

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pens Inside Scoop @PensInsideScoop

#Pens working on designed faceoff plays. Each play is named after a player, like "Geno" and "Nealer." -SK

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

Malkin not on a regular line, not on power play at #Penguins practice. Not looking likely for Sunday at CBJ.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Did something happen to Zolnierczyk last night, or is it merely a case of finally figuring out what most already knew...that he sucks?

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I know that Ray Shero was acquiring speed and scoring for WBS when he signed Chris Conner and Andrew Ebbett. But, god damn. The amount of undersized forwards in the organization is sickening.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I know that Ray Shero was acquiring speed and scoring for WBS when he signed Chris Conner and Andrew Ebbett. But, god damn. The amount of undersized forwards in the organization is sickening.

Yep. Which is why it wouldn't be a bad idea to move Engelland to fourth-line RW full time, and leave Despres on the blueline.

Instead, they'll probably deal Despres for a forward a lot less physical and a lot smaller, overall.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yep. Which is why it wouldn't be a bad idea to move Engelland to fourth-line RW full time, and leave Despres on the blueline.

Instead, they'll probably deal Despres for a forward a lot less physical and a lot smaller, overall.

Despres for Gerbe!

Kills two birds with one stone:

1) get rid of Despres' inconsistency
2) one less forward who constantly owns Niskanen to play against

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa

When they wrote that piece on the PG blog about the Pens prospects from shero's views, you know its an issue when 2 of the four forwards they glowed about had "undersized" in the first paragraph for each... that was from the GMs mouth... top prospect... no size... :(

Hydro

Apr 29, 2013
Windsor
I'm in Columbus tonight and I'll be at Nationwide all day tomorrow to catch my first game. Pretty excited. My dads team is playing a game there at 1130 so I'm hoping the pens have morning skate before that so I can see them.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If Scuderi is able to play tomorrow, common sense suggests Engelland should be scratched. With that said, I fully expect Despres to be in the press box if Scuderi plays.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If Scuderi is able to play tomorrow, common sense suggests Engelland should be scratched. With that said, I fully expect Despres to be in the press box if Scuderi plays.

Or Bortuzzo. It's going to be an exciting day for Bylsma, 3 of his favourites are playing and he gets to scratch one of his others.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Tough to determine who bylsma hates more between bort and despres. I say bort will sit though if scuds comes back. Engelland makes bort "redundant" I think, in DBs mind.

Though engelland should play regardless, on the 4th line. Yada yada it's been beaten to death, makes too much sense not to happen.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Tough to determine who bylsma hates more between bort and despres. I say bort will sit though if scuds comes back. Engelland makes bort "redundant" I think, in DBs mind.

Though engelland should play regardless, on the 4th line. Yada yada it's been beaten to death, makes too much sense not to happen.

but at the same time, Scuderi is a LHS, which means he can replace the other LHS

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
but at the same time, Scuderi is a LHS, which means he can replace the other LHS

Scuderi can play the right side too.

As for Engo, I can live with him playing forward. It would just be idiotic to scratch Bort or Despres and keep him in the line-up.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
2 things Bylsma might be the best coach at - getting AHL players to fill in roles and set faceoffs. Gotta give him that credit. Interested to watch faceoffs tomorrow night and see something different.

Columbus/Pittsburgh is turning into a nice little rivalry. I really enjoy these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad