• Filip Chytil

• Ryan Lindgren

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Stumbled across an exchange on twitter and it’s hard for me not to look at it and say that this guy didn’t hit this nail right on the head. Attaching it. Guy has a point.

Attachments

• 731BE45C-7993-43F4-A69A-FE4A09BB6BF1.png
    731BE45C-7993-43F4-A69A-FE4A09BB6BF1.png
    307 KB · Views: 26

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Devils fans come over to our board to pick fights when they lose 4 in a row, visit again when we're losing to the Islanders to soak it in. I don't know much about New Jersey. I only know one person from New Jersey and that's from this board but between Jersey Shore, that one episode of To Catch a Predator sting based in New Jersey, and Devils fans, it wouldn't surprise me if Golden Corral refused to open a location in Jersey on moral and ethical grounds.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Yours truly called it from last season:
Kakko-Krav-Panarin

that kills multiple birds w/1 stone.
While it takes away breadman from other lines, it gives a shepherd we are fully confident in to work with KK + VK.

Solves immediate pivot prob w/Chytil at 2c
LaF-Chytil-Gauthier
poising JG to successfully emerge

and lesser but still signif mins
Kreider - Zib - Blackwell [possibly Barron next season]

when is the rest of the board gonna have the stones to admit I was right?

Tell it like it is, let your conscience be your guide.
If this happens I’ll shit my pants. Krav going from rookie RW to number 1 C and Gauthier going from the press box to the number 2 RW. I bet we see a trade before we see Quinn put out this line up. Keep hope alive I guess

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Stumbled across an exchange on twitter and it’s hard for me not to look at it and say that this guy didn’t hit this nail right on the head. Attaching it. Guy has a point.
And there in lies the rub. This upcoming season is dangerously close to shit or get off the pot time. These kids are going to need to play in all situations to grow their games, the way the current line up is structured and the usage of the players by the coach is going to make that impossible unless some guys are moved out and he has no other choice. Would be different is for sure this team was playoff bound, but if the line up stays the same for the most part expect their development to stall a little as well. Unless they think it’s time to cut bait from diamond dave

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The fact he’s always joking around during practice bugs me. Even if he looks like shit, even if the team as a whole looks like shit. Like in Moneyball, losing shouldn’t sound like a party with music and dancing. Losing should be a wakeup call to be better.

And, again, beating up on a team that is looking entirely to the future, and without two of their best players on the roster, isn’t exactly impressive.

Now the Rangers have to look to the future. Hopefully they get things right.

Yeah, a kid being happy is a terrible thing.

If you believe he's gotten here without a burning desire to win.....

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Devils fans come over to our board to pick fights when they lose 4 in a row, visit again when we're losing to the Islanders to soak it in. I don't know much about New Jersey. I only know one person from New Jersey and that's from this board but between Jersey Shore, that one episode of To Catch a Predator sting based in New Jersey, and Devils fans, it wouldn't surprise me if Golden Corral refused to open a location in Jersey on moral and ethical grounds.
It’s probably a good bet. There are some normal pockets of nice towns in north and central jersey, but rule of thumb in the garden state is the further south and west you go, the more normal the people are

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I don't like Quinn but why would 1 game get him fired. They have had shit games before and he is still here. They just went 8-1-2 also.

I don’t want to overreact to 1 game, but it’s 1 think to lose... and another to show up and just float around in a must win game. It seems like almost no one showed up.

I’m also concerned about the lack of a defensive system and I think the kid line is a mistake. They need to split those guys up through the lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Tonight was definitely one of those games that makes me question a big extension for Zibanejad. In a contested-space, physical game against a team who also shows up with their best, I’m not sure he’s a guy I want playing big minutes.

I'm in agreement, and have been for some time regarding Mika. He's got a ton of talent, but seems to be the type of player who is happy with the talent and not willing to go the extra mile to be great. Maybe he has too many outside interests and he views hockey as one of those. I just think the greats live and breathe the game. I don't see that with Mika. I know the statement doesn't pinpoint what it is he doesn't do consistently. That's a different topic.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I don’t want to overreact to 1 game, but it’s 1 think to lose... and another to show up and just float around in a must win game. It seems like almost no one showed up.

I’m also concerned about the lack of a defensive system and I think the kid line is a mistake. They need to split those guys up through the lineup.
I don't love Quinn's personnel decisions, but all NHL coaches have a system/structure that they practice. It's up to the players to execute. Most systems are very similar. Last night, you could point to a couple of player breakdowns that resulted in a couple of goals. That's not the system, that's individuals not executing.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Yours truly called it from last season:
Kakko-Krav-Panarin

that kills multiple birds w/1 stone.
While it takes away breadman from other lines, it gives a shepherd we are fully confident in to work with KK + VK.

Solves immediate pivot prob w/Chytil at 2c
LaF-Chytil-Gauthier
poising JG to successfully emerge

and lesser but still signif mins
Kreider - Zib - Blackwell [possibly Barron next season]

when is the rest of the board gonna have the stones to admit I was right?

Tell it like it is, let your conscience be your guide.
You have a love affair with Gauthier. That kid is not a top six player.

Reactions: leetch99

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don't love Quinn's personnel decisions, but all NHL coaches have a system/structure that they practice. It's up to the players to execute. Most systems are very similar. Last night, you could point to a couple of player breakdowns that resulted in a couple of goals. That's not the system, that's individuals not executing.

Isn't Martin in charge of the D or are you referring to the entire team?

The only problem with this team is that it's in the middle of a rebuild. Even though everyone claims to understand this, some complain about everything.

Next season, with the projected huge upgrade at D and the anticipated growth of Laf, Krav, and Kakko, is where we should see a real preview of where the team is headed.

Everyone said they'd sacrifice the immediate future for a total re-tooling, but some have the patience of an ADD child.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You have a love affair with Gauthier. That kid is not a top six player.

The guy has 2 goals in 44 games and people act like he's an undiscovered diamond.

He might turn out to be a top-6, someday, but I'd bet against it.

Howden is 2 years younger and has 16 goals in 173 games and no one I know thinks he might become a top-6 player.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Isn't Martin in charge of the D or are you referring to the entire team?

The only problem with this team is that it's in the middle of a rebuild. Even though everyone claims to understand this, some complain about everything.

Next season, with the projected huge upgrade at D and the anticipated growth of Laf, Krav, and Kakko, is where we should see a real preview of where the team is headed.

Everyone said they'd sacrifice the immediate future for a total re-tooling, but some have the patience of an ADD child.
Sure, Martin is in charge of the D and Quinn is in charge of what Martin implements. Again, I don't think its a system issue. Instead, its a player breakdown issue. Bitetto seems like a great kid, but he is a borderline NHLer. KM, while full of potential, makes some incredibly bad reads.

The questions facing management will be if Quinn is the guy to get them to the next level and what to do with some of the veterans.
The kids are going to be fine. I wish they were getting more ice time this season. It would go a long way in getting them ready to take on larger roles going forward.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
The guy has 2 goals in 44 games and people act like he's an undiscovered diamond.

He might turn out to be a top-6, someday, but I'd bet against it.

Howden is 2 years younger and has 16 goals in 173 games and no one I know thinks he might become a top-6 player.

Howden catches a ton of shit, but if we are concerned that our fourth line center is losing us games, we have bigger issues.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I skipped the last 35 pages in the pregame /in game thread and the first 6 here so far......it's hard to be mad actually . We lost basically our only push back player early and it's a game of youngest versus oldest . We looked like kids out there last night through most of it . Probably also schooled in the coaching dept and definitely outclassed in the face off dept . I guess it really does show some major areas that still need some shoring up . Oh well.....it's coming ...

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Sure, Martin is in charge of the D and Quinn is in charge of what Martin implements. Again, I don't think its a system issue. Instead, its a player breakdown issue. Bitetto seems like a great kid, but he is a borderline NHLer. KM, while full of potential, makes some incredibly bad reads.

The questions facing management will be if Quinn is the guy to get them to the next level and what to do with some of the veterans.
The kids are going to be fine. I wish they were getting more ice time this season. It would go a long way in getting them ready to take on larger roles going forward.

Future very good or great players will find a way to attain their levels.

Soon, the Rangers will be officially out, and the youngsters will see more offensive situations.

Next season will have totally different lines. The problem is that unless some big moves are made, there's too many talented wingers and not enough talented centers. Gorton has to decide how to resolve it. I hope Buch stays, unless a Top-6 center is headed here, in return.

However that plays out, their D should be much improved, with Bitetto and Hajek out of the picture. I'd like Smith to be replaced, too, but have no problem with him as a 6, as long as he has an NHL-caliber partner.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Can't wait to see Schneider and Lundkvist on the 3rd pair next season. They'll make their mistakes, but at least they won't be black holes offensively

Reactions: mas0764

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
My expectation for what happens with Quinn he starts next season as the coach, they get off to a David Quinn Slow Startand he gets fired within the first quarter of the season.

Jacques Martin takes them the rest of the way, and they hire a new guy in the summer of 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad