• Filip Chytil

• Ryan Lindgren

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Maybe you'll see it nrxt season.
Maybe, and I am hopeful of it and considering scouting reports say that is one of his elite strengths, I am basically expecting that to be the case. But at present moment, I don't see it. I am eager to get to next season and see if his body catches up to his mind to make it noticeable.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Maybe, and I am hopeful of it and considering scouting reports say that is one of his elite strengths, I am basically expecting that to be the case. But at present moment, I don't see it. I am eager to get to next season and see if his body catches up to his mind to make it noticeable.

Maybe I'm looking at him through rose-colored glasses, but every once in a while he does something world-class. I believe that at the lower levels he could get away without being a great skater. He knows he can't at this level, and I'm sure management knows it, too.

I will be very surprised and disappointed if he doesn't grow tremendously in his second season.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
"Carrying 8 D and rotating them 2 games here and there is not realistic. No one does it."
I did not say 8D as a first choice.
I said sell high on Lindgren, short term carry a spare [after KAM, best of Jones, Robertson, Hajek, (Reunanen may have to be dealt; try to up value of Hajek and Reunanen and then trade over course of next season.)].
That is one single spare on LD
3RDs
Fox, Trouba, Nils L.

You insisted I consider a hypothetical that Schneider must be put on the roster NOW. I rebuffed that. He will show up to command a spot end of upcoming season. You only get to 8 IF your non sequitur demand of Schneider now is accepted.

"Miller is going to be better next year because of the minutes he played, and the mistakes and successes he’s had on the ice. That’s why it’s vital to get all these kids playing in all situations as much as they can while the team is going nowhere."
You are talking to the guy who has wanted to have Smith off the roster for a while now.

"In a perfect world Lundkvist steps in as 3 RD and Robertson and Schneider are Hartford’s first pair."
Only God is actually perfect; the best we can do is excellent, which is not too shabby.
That would be a very excellent outcome, short term.

I give Robertson a better chance to claim the open 3LD than Schneid's temporarily blocked 3RD.

"Rarely in life does everything go as planned or the way we want it to."
ok

"It’s very possible both are ready come camp."
No, it is not VERY possible. There is an extreme outside mathematical possibility that BOTH have to be accommodated now.
You are pushing your narrative to try and force the outcome you want.
Disingenuous.

"One or the other is going to play in the AHL only so long before it’s of no use to them development wise or they become disgruntled themselves. I do think for half a season or so, it will be possible to sent 1 guy down even if they were both nhl ready."
We have ballpark agreement there.

"But beyond that and the evaluations of their on ice performance Management is going to have to make a move. I highly doubt that would go on for more then a year tops and that’s no guarantee either"
I am not saying hold them off long term.
I said sell Lindgren high promptly, and begin to lay groundwork to get Trouba out of here a year-ish early.

"There is no way Schneider sits in the AHL for 2 seasons and a cup of coffee at the NHL. If that’s your reality it’s wrong. By all accounts the kid is ready for the show sooner rather then later. He didn’t look out of place in the AHL with the few games he’s had already."
I said 1 season.

"You can’t pick the timetable on when the kids are going to be ready. Neither can I, but that’s what appears to be happening. The only way IMO, that you won’t see a deal is if god forbid there’s a long term injury to Trouba or Fox. A season ending surgery or something"
The kids will be ready sooner than later. on that we agree.

Back the bern plan.
Deal vets, create room for the kids.

whats disingenuous about both not being ready?? Whose less capable?? The guy who had a record setting year in the SHL or the guy who played some games in the AHL and looked very good and also had a fine year of development? How is that unfathomable that both are ready to go???

I think Robertson has an outside shot at LD too. Him or jones beats Renunen our IMO

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Cherry-picking individual game results and assigning a greater meaning to them makes no sense.
This game did have greater meaning. There was a 4 point difference in the result. Had we won, we would have been 6 points behind, instead we are 10 back, with our playoff hopes dashed. So Yes, it makes perfect sense this one game result was much more significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad