Post-Game Talk: WE CAN'T STOP! WE WON'T STOP!!! Leafs Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
All 30 NHL teams have a whole list of maybe's and hopefuls outside of their blue chips.

It's easy to forget this but it just so happens the Leafs aren't the only team that drafts and develops prospects in the NHL.

This has nothing to do with my post so quoting me seems strange.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Leivo has been very good. Underrated. A lot of people/analyst's harp on his speed, I don't see a problem at all...he's all hustle and great on the boards, scores too.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I believe Boyes will be back, which is why they had to do this.

I liked Leivo though. Solid top 9 forward. I hope he gets chance next year.

Seems good enough not to lose him to waivers next year. Who are our waiver risks? Percy, Leivo, Brown, Harrington and???

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I believe Boyes will be back, which is why they had to do this.

I liked Leivo though. Solid top 9 forward. I hope he gets chance next year.

I think your right but it must be a little unsettling for him, playing so well in last night's game, then getting sent back to the Marlies but as he was an emergency call-up, he probably expected it.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think your right but it must be a little unsettling for him, playing so well in last night's game, then getting sent back to the Marlies but as he was an emergency call-up, he probably expected it.

It did say sent back on Loan? Not sure how that works??

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Leivo has been very good. Underrated. A lot of people/analyst's harp on his speed, I don't see a problem at all...he's all hustle and great on the boards, scores too.

The limited number of times I've seen Leivo paired with Bozak, they've both been good. That's a good 3rd line IMO. Brown replacing Lupul was good for me too.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
The Leafs tweet used the term loaned.

Sure he was sent down, but does the terminology have different meanings.

Loaned implies to me, that he is a Leaf.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Anyone else catch the guy with the Habs hat on shaking his head on Brown's goal? :handclap:

Why would someone wear a Habs hat to a Leaf, Ducks games?

Never understood why some wear hats or jerseys to a game where that Team isn't playing.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Why would someone wear a Habs hat to a Leaf, Ducks games?

Never understood why some wear hats or jerseys to a game where that Team isn't playing.
One of the best things about the Habs morphing into the worst team in the NHL since Price went down is the corresponding massive decrease in Habs gear being worn/flown in the GTA.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Seems good enough not to lose him to waivers next year. Who are our waiver risks? Percy, Leivo, Brown, Harrington and???

Percy, Leivo, Harrington, C. Carrick and Colin Smith are losing their waiver exemptions. Loov, Sparks and Brown are exempt for 1 more year. It seems like Percy is out of the team's plans. The current management has become quite no-nonsense. I think they'll have no problem risking guys on waivers if they don't think they've earned a spot on the team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It did say sent back on Loan? Not sure how that works??

I think Leivo was an emergency call up so he had to go back.
(plus - if you look it on a positive - they've seen him and know they like - they want to see Brown for a bit more).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad