Post-Game Talk: WE CAN'T STOP! WE WON'T STOP!!! Leafs Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobizziness

Aug 9, 2015
Toronto
It did say sent back on Loan? Not sure how that works??

after the deadline you're only allowed 4 players that can go between the marlies and leafs regularly outside of injuries

in the case of an emergency injury the marlies are actually loaning him to the leafs

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Love what i'm seeing out of the young guys Wins are great from time to time but seriously I want as good as a percentage as possible of winning this lotto. I know it doesn't always guarantee #1 (thanks Edmonton) but seriously, knock it off with the Spoiler Wins

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
after the deadline you're only allowed 4 players that can go between the marlies and leafs regularly outside of injuries

in the case of an emergency injury the marlies are actually loaning him to the leafs

I know it said on loan to the Marlies though. That's why I am confused a bit.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Percy, Leivo, Harrington, C. Carrick and Colin Smith are losing their waiver exemptions. Loov, Sparks and Brown are exempt for 1 more year. It seems like Percy is out of the team's plans. The current management has become quite no-nonsense. I think they'll have no problem risking guys on waivers if they don't think they've earned a spot on the team.

Oh that's good news then. I guess we'll be looking to trade Percy?

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
#1 reason Chicago is a dynasty is great management and drafting. Not getting Kane.

If Chicago had picked #2 in 2007 (and taken JVR instead), how many cups would they have?

That's an honest question. I think they still would have one, maybe two. In addition to JVR, they'd have a few mil in extra cap space too.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If Chicago had picked #2 in 2007 (and taken JVR instead), how many cups would they have?

That's an honest question. I think they still would have one, maybe two. In addition to JVR, they'd have a few mil in extra cap space too.

That is an interesting question. I think your answer (one, maybe two) sounds like a good one.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
I know it said on loan to the Marlies though. That's why I am confused a bit.

"Loaning" a prospect to your minor league affiliate is the same thing as "reassigning" them to that team. The difference is that "loan" is usually the term used when the player is moving to a team that you are not affiliated with, but they mean the same thing.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Just realized after the Kadri boarding call, Manson made a throat slash gesture and was kicked out so they played 4D . LoL He sure knows how to piss people off

Shwaguy*

It's hard to tell tbh. I feel like JvR would be a much better player today if he had been drafted into that organization. Definitely not on Kane's level but better than he currently is (Which is pretty good).

Or maybe if Chicago doesn't have Kane they get someone else.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

Loaning a player to the Marlies is basically just another term for the NHL teams assigning the player to another league, as in the AHL.

The "loan" is just the act of an NHL team reassigning a player to the AHL. (not the other way around)

Consider the Leafs as the owner of the players on their NHL contract. They "loan" their player from the NHL to the AHL, usually their affiliate, but it could also be another team in the AHL.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Loaning a player to the Marlies is basically just another term for the NHL teams assigning the player to another league, as in the AHL.

The "loan" is just the act of an NHL team reassigning a player to the AHL. (not the other way around)

Consider the Leafs as the owner of the players on their NHL contract. They "loan" their player from the NHL to the AHL, usually their affiliate, but it could also be another team in the AHL.

Was about to post this. Glad someone finally said it.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Ducks defenceman Josh Manson on Friday was fined $2,486.56 US by the NHL, the maximum allowed under the collectve bargaining agreement, for his throat-slash gesture toward Leafs centre Nazem Kadri.

Kadri was fined $5,000 for a similar gesture toward Mark Giordano of the Calgary Flames during a game in February.

“I learned the hard way with that too,” Kadri said of the Manson fine. “That’s just the league cracking down. I don’t have a problem with that.”

(From the Boyes article in the Sun)

So why was Kadri fined 5000 and not the "maximum of 2,486.56"

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Ducks defenceman Josh Manson on Friday was fined $2,486.56 US by the NHL, the maximum allowed under the collectve bargaining agreement, for his throat-slash gesture toward Leafs centre Nazem Kadri.

Kadri was fined $5,000 for a similar gesture toward Mark Giordano of the Calgary Flames during a game in February.

“I learned the hard way with that too,†Kadri said of the Manson fine. “That’s just the league cracking down. I don’t have a problem with that.â€

(From the Boyes article in the Sun)

So why was Kadri fined 5000 and not the "maximum of 2,486.56"
It must be one game's pay up to a max of $5K or something along those lines. I would assume Manson doesn't make anywhere as much as Kadri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad