Post-Game Talk: We Cane in like a wrecking Staal... Pens-2, Canes-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
+ Tang with the sick hands.

Kunitz is dynamite. Please don't trade him for someone that can help the team. Please don't over pay for him NHL GM's after a night of heavy drinking. Sid should always have his security blanket

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Kunitz needs to be removed from the equation so the team can move on from him. Trade him for the best offer you can get and be done with it. idgaf how thin they are at LW, it's about closing that chapter and having a clean break. They're never going to do that with him still here.

Phil was on tonight. He almost had a serious moob injury and almost killed himself in OT, but he was on.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Games like this show you why Kunitz is so reviled around here. He's pure garbage as a hockey player. He floated the entire game like he's some sort of speedy sniper who just needs a second of free time/space to make his move. Absolutely the worst player on the ice tonight for either team. What an all-around pathetic effort by him. GMJR, please trade this POS already.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Best + for me is MAF showing he can play good/great again.

These last 2 games against quicker teams shows how desperately Sid needs a good forechecking skill guy on his line.
If only Beau could stay healthy.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Kessel is lazy

We did not deserve two points. Carolina outplayed us. Was about time we steal 2 points under Sully. Don't like the passive defensive approach though. Here is hoping they want to get over the Malkin injury.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
+Goalies
I got started early today, but that was an exciting 3rd period.
+Kunitz--twice as dangerous as the bottom 6
+IC for not putting Kunitz in the thread title

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
+ Kunitz.
You are reading my mind, man :laugh:

Anyway, pretty goal by Letang gave us two "not so pretty" points. Crosby was a monster in that OT, it would have felt much better to win it there instead of the shootout. The Canes are tough at home, not too much space for us. Their defense is gonna be good and it´s gonna be soon. The Pens were pretty meh, but a guy like Malkin would certainly help, so I´m not complaining too much.

Matsun

Aug 15, 2010
+Kessel, he stepped up.
+MAF, nice to see him rebound, the goal felt a bit weak but he more than made up for it.

-Horny, can't remember him providing anything good this game, usually when he's having a of night he's atleast providing screens on the PP or something but we only got one PP and he didn't park himself in front of the net.
---Kunitz, terrible, and I actually think he's gotten a bit too much of a hard time around here lately.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm seriously considering only making my posts from now until he's off the team: "Chris Kunitz sucks". I wouldn't spam- I'd post it in context and when appropriate. But it would be that personal satisfaction I'd get that would make it worth it.

I won't do it though. **** Kunitz.

Contender

Sep 22, 2014
The Pens were able to get the two points, but it didn't feel like it was worth the points.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm seriously considering only making my posts from now until he's off the team: "Chris Kunitz sucks". I wouldn't spam- I'd post it in context and when appropriate. But it would be that personal satisfaction I'd get that would make it worth it.

I won't do it though. **** Kunitz.

It would end up looking like spam. :laugh:

The org needs to wake up to JR trading Kunitz unbeknownst to anyone.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Games like this show you why Kunitz is so reviled around here. He's pure garbage as a hockey player. He floated the entire game like he's some sort of speedy sniper who just needs a second of free time/space to make his move. Absolutely the worst player on the ice tonight for either team. What an all-around pathetic effort by him. GMJR, please trade this POS already.

Exactly my stand. I think he lost literally every puck that touched his blade. And he floated all night.
But this is also why I think he might even help another team. There is close to zero accountability towards him, here in pittsburgh. He just sat out (I think he wasn't even demoted since he did not play on another line, equipment issue or something?) a few shifts but was back soon and even played overtime / selected in the shootout. I would not even be surprised if Horny goes to line three when they see that this **** is not working.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
That game took a lot of optimism about the rest of the season and the playoffs away from me. Maybe an overreaction, but **** that was hard to watch.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Kessel's line stepped up tonight.
Plant G in the middle and we're good there.

Desperately need to get Sid more help.
Can't rely on Beau to be that guy either.

Pouliot continues to impress me.
One play in the first he just snipes the puck off the way bigger Staal who had his back to him protecting the puck.
It was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad