We Can Do Better!

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Can you feel it? We’re changing the culture here! Casey’s going to want to be a part of the wild ride we’ve started.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
It takes more than just showing up. We're professionals. I have to be better. We have to be better. Better leadership. Better everything. If that means transportation via only tandem bicycles for all the posters here, then so be it.

I look at my box of electronics junk, and I have 3, maybe 4 extra keyboards. I could send one to @Djp . Dude has been posting / typing wearing mittens for years now, and here I could have been helping him with his legibility. It's the little things. The grammar. The spelling. The syntax. Helping Layne breathe while he types. The laziness of taking the profanity filter late in a post because you're too slow to finish your cogent thought. You hate to have the Mods and Admins call you out, but you know they're right. I'm guilty too, on all of it. Heck, look where the Vegas board is. Putting us to shame, and it's only their first year.

Board members are used to more. I remember the years of "Sabres season in Haikou" threads. We're a long way from that level of performance.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I realize it takes extra time,
But we should write our posts in rhyme,
So when we dump on Nate Beaulieu,
We stop to choose a word or two.

And all of us could joke all day,
About the verbal skills of poor Rob Ray,
Or how the play of Jordan Nolan,
Induces spasms in my colon.

I know it takes an act of will,
To not just type out, “@#*% you, Phil!”,
But Buffaloed’s completely right,
Let’s bring our A game every night.

Post of the year candidate !!

Reactions: Vito_81

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I continue to text Botterill ideas. Keep 'me coming......

UNLV basketball had senior players returning as "freshman" the following season using different names. Jerry Tarkanian claimed he didn't know they were the same guys.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any aged-out Sabres of any current value worth "smuggling back".

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If we give 110%, we can worry about all the players the team needs to sign. If we try harder, we can spread ulcers and reflux through the entire Sabre nation. We just have to try harder.

Reactions: sabremike

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Gentleposters, when I look at my life.... I’m a middle aged man. My wife left me. The money’s gone. And when I look in the mirror I don’t recognize the poster looking back at me.

But I got one chance. On this platform, with these fingers and this smart phone! We can still chase that greatness we all once had. Yo u can fill that hole that is burrowed into each one of you! You know why we post about tennage young men and slender builds? So we can post about mature young men working out enthusiastically for our entertainment. So that for one more day, we reached for that last inch to triumphantly hit Post!

#Forecheck. Backcheck. Paycheck.

Reactions: Chainshot

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Gentleposters, when I look at my life.... I’m a middle aged man. My wife left me. The money’s gone. And when I look in the mirror I don’t recognize the poster looking back at me.
<snip>
#Forecheck. Backcheck. Paycheck.

1st bolded: Dude, if you're not BS'ing, I'm truly sorry. Been there, done that.

2nd bolded: That should be the Sabres motto for next season:
"Forecheck. Backcheck. Paycheck. In that order. Go Sabres."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad