Rumor: We are supposedly on Panarin's shortlist according to Friedman....

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018

If true, I dont know that this is doable without ditching bjugstad and or petro/psysk so that we'd have the space. I wonder what we'd have to do to make this happen. Our offense would be ~top 4ish in the NHL if we were to pull off this miracle. I dont see LA getting him after throwing 6+ at Kovy and NY may be rebuilding which would leave us. Judging by the locations he's chosen, it seems clear that its about living in a "cool" place and not necessarily about the money. Im sure he noticed the fact the Panthers are slowly becoming the Russian national team and that doesnt hurt either. I really really crazily want Panarin but in my heart I know he'll probably pick NY. What do you guys think itd take to get him here and would our ownership/management be willing to do what is necessary to deliver us a truly world class offensive lineup?

Last edited:
Reactions: Breaking Dadonov

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I read that too.

If it's true, and we can be a serious player for him, then say goodbye to Bjugstad and Petro. Make a trade for Top 4 D and we're top 3 in the Atlantic

Reactions: Optimus Reim

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He's got one year left and would be a fortune to sign. But it would put us over the top. Give us a truly elite top 6.

He doesn't have a NTC or NMC so I'm not sure how the return is affected by what he wants. Other teams could see him as a one season rental and CBJ could still get a nice return.

I think you're looking at Bjugstad, Tippet, and a first. That's a nice haul for CBJ. I only do it if we think we can sign him. Can't trade blue chip prospects like Borgstrom for a one year rental. Wouldn't be opposed to trading Borgstrom and Bjgustad for a signed Panarin.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
And I will watch this trade unfolds and just smiles when Borgstrom still on the team with Artemi, Grigori and co.

;)

People are really overrating the value of players...

A first-rounder and a great package will do it for a soon-to-be-UFA !

No point in giving our best prospect who is on the verge of making the team...

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
This is an instance where I’m ok with trading Borg. Panarin is elite, Borg may become elite but we don’t know for sure and he’s a center. We already have two great centers, an elite winger would put us over the top and have us most likely competing past round 1.

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018

If true, I dont know that this is doable without ditching bjugstad and or petro/psysk so that we'd have the space. I wonder what we'd have to do to make this happen. Our offense would be ~top 4ish in the NHL if we were to pull off this miracle. I dont see LA getting him after throwing 6+ at Kovy and NY may be rebuilding which would leave us. Judging by the locations he's chosen, it seems clear that its about living in a "cool" place and not necessarily about the money. Im sure he noticed the fact the Panthers are slowly becoming the Russian national team and that doesnt hurt either. I really really crazily want Panarin but in my heart I know he'll probably pick NY. What do you guys think itd take to get him here and would our ownership/management be willing to do what is necessary to deliver us a truly world class offensive lineup?

Borg, Bjug and a high pick I
would think

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Isnt Panarin another LW? Or his he is the missing top 6 RWer?

He's listed as a LW but shoots right. Don't know how often he's been used as a mainstay RW though.
It'd be fun for a year but say bye to Borgstrom++ in a trade and Hoffman in 2 years.

Think we're done up front, we need to ship someone out as it is or Haley and Mack need to sit a ton of games which doesn't seem likely.

Feel like Malgin, Vatrano and Mamin will sit a lot which sucks for their development.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
He's got one year left and would be a fortune to sign. But it would put us over the top. Give us a truly elite top 6.

He doesn't have a NTC or NMC so I'm not sure how the return is affected by what he wants. Other teams could see him as a one season rental and CBJ could still get a nice return.

I think you're looking at Bjugstad, Tippet, and a first. That's a nice haul for CBJ. I only do it if we think we can sign him. Can't trade blue chip prospects like Borgstrom for a one year rental. Wouldn't be opposed to trading Borgstrom and Bjgustad for a signed Panarin.
100% agree. wouldn't give up borg unless it was a sign and trade or trade and definitely sign. if we could get him at like 7.25 mil for 7 yrs it'd be a steal. but I think he'll want 8.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
We missed this boat when he came over from the KHL the first time, we would also have to blow up the salary structure we have to add him to the lineup. He would be the most expensive forward by a couple million at least.

Very tempting though.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
100% agree. wouldn't give up borg unless it was a sign and trade or trade and definitely sign. if we could get him at like 7.25 mil for 7 yrs it'd be a steal. but I think he'll want 8.
8 isn't unreasonable for a PPG forward. I think that would be more than fair. It's doable with Bjugstad getting moved and cap going up.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Dads is a natural RW so Panarin - Barkov Dads

Oh sweet jesus

abr.gif

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
i wouldn't give up the farm for him. he would absolutely improve the team, but a what cost? i would want him resigned at a decent salary before a trade is made!!!! our up and coming players will do really well when they are called up at entry level salaries. we're good to go. let tallon decide. he has my confidence.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
the reality is that dale likely already called and didn't like the ask because nothing even rumored during the draft.

Here is another reality. Panarin is the quality of player where you blow up your plan to try and acquire. The only names not available are Barkov, Trocheck, and Ekblad.

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
the reality is that dale already called and didn't like the ask because nothing even rumored during the draft.

Here is another reality. Panarin is the quality of player where you blow up your plan to try and acquire. The only names not available are Barkov, Trocheck, and Ekblad.
Don't think the bold has to be true re: Tallon's interest. We didn't have any idea about Hoffman, no reason to believe we aren't interested in Panarin. Also, we all thought Kovy was going to be an option for us too.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Don't think the bold has to be true re: Tallon's interest. We didn't have any idea about Hoffman, no reason to believe we aren't interested in Panarin. Also, we all thought Kovy was going to be an option for us too.
i forgot to type likely in there. yeah, its certainly possible that Dale is still working the phone on this. Regardless, if there is a legit all star who lists the Panthers as a destination, you go all in on it. When was the last time any star in his prime listed the Panthers as one of his preferred destinations? Has it actually ever happened?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
IMO, Borg ain't going anywhere for a rental or probably even for a sign and trade.
Borg will definitley go for a sign and trade for Panarin and we'd have to add. Panarin is best case scenario production wise for Borg. Borg is blue chip prospect but no guarantee he lives up to it or how long it takes for him to get to Panarin's level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad