News Article: We are gonna be significant. - Derek Lalonde

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Zetterberg was never as talented as Crosby, and yet he worked him like a rented mule in 2008.

I just mean that not only am I very happy with what Yzerman has done with the cards he's been dealt, but I think the current pipeline is definitely capable of eventually contending for championships (even without a top 5 caliber player in the league).
Lets not be disingenuous. Pavel was our best player and he was clear. Again nobody on this team can touch pavel either.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
They weren't deathly afraid to get scored on. Thus their depth lines produced and outscored their defensive/goaltending woes. That's not going to happen here.

Our games are managed.
We just need Ville to play how he did the first 20 games for 50 games and Alex Lyon to be a true load-taker-offer for him.

Easy peasy.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
We just need Ville to play how he did the first 20 games for 50 games and Alex Lyon to be a true load-taker-offer for him.

Easy peasy.
Seattle had the 3rd worst save percentage in the league last year.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Seattle had the 3rd worst save percentage in the league last year.
It's not a 1 by 1 comparison that needs to be exactly the same. (and my second post was 100% :sarcasm:)

NJ is a team with elite talent like Hughes.
Seattle is a deep team without what you would say is elite talent (although Beniers probably will be)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It's not a 1 by 1 comparison that needs to be exactly the same.

NJ is a team with elite talent like Hughes.
Seattle is a deep team without what you would say is elite talent (although Beniers probably will be)
I get that. But the reason "not great" talent flourished in Seattle is because they gave no f***s. They just went for it every shift. I don't think Lalonde can handle that.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Next season Seider, Raymond, Rasmussen , Berggren, Sprong, Veleno needs new contracts.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
So far they look pretty decent. If this is any indication of what the special teams are this year, that's a massive upgrade alone. Homer or not we gotta have one of the deepest teams all of a sudden. Husso, Reimer and Lyon with Cossa now in the AHL is more depth than we have had in a long time, Holl and Petry are rotating in with Ed ready to step in at any time needed and Rolling 4 lines that can all chip in with Fabbri out and Czarnik not looking out of place with Berggren,Soderblom,Kasper and Hanas trying to get games in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad