We are going to be a power house team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
ok, the point of my original post was that we have a great young core, and we may be able to do what gillis did .... get some decent FA signings at great rates and contend for a cup. sorry this thread has dissolved into whatever.

We have a great young core. hopefully, maybe a few FA will sign with us to try and get ring, at very favorable rates.

Do i need repeat another 8 times?
The thread is good billy.

We should define power house. Figure out which teams fit and which pieces we need to get there. It’s a great topic. The Canucks do have a very good core with the best pieces being quite young but what needs to happen for them to get there. What timeline. Etc.

Reactions: I am toxic

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
ah yes, the great genius sakic, who blew up the core he inherited, gave away ror and had to start again with a second set of high picks. the great sakic who was universally considered terrible and going to be fired according to this place until he pulled off the duchene trade, but who now farts rainbows apparently while he reaps the bounty of over a decade of futility.

Lol Colorado has more to show from the O’Reilly trade than we do from the Kesler trade.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen is good

So fast.

whoops wrong powerhouse/thread

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I'm not sure what point you're making here. O'Reilly was better, 5 years younger, and didn't have an NTC,.

You must not have followed that exchange very closely then. Pointing to the O'Reilly trade to disparage Sakic as a GM (when compared to Benning) is ironic given how badly Benning botched a similar deal with Kesler (although the Kesler trade probably isn't even in the top 3 worst moves Benning has made).

Reactions: 420Canuck

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Au Contraire

Excellent timing for a reality check.

The Canucks are better than Ottawa and worse than Montreal and much worse than Tampa.

Realistically, the Canucks are 5-7 forwards and 2-4 Dmen away from challenging for a Championship.

What surprises me is that the ownership have hitched their wagon to Benning to get them there and apparently nothing can dissuade them that this is folly.

Last edited:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
tenor.gif

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Au Contraire

Excellent timing for a reality check.

The Canucks are better than Ottawa and worse than Montreal and much worse than Tampa.

Realistically, the Canucks are 5-7 forwards and 2-4 Dmen away from challenging for a Championship.

What surprises me is that the ownership have hitched their horse to Benning to get them there and apparently nothing can dissuade them that this is folly.
Totally normal though when it comes to decision making theory.

At some point reality will collide with their ego and a change will be made.

And then we will have a new GM and a new 5-7 year plan.

Sound familiar *cough cough Edmonton cough cough*

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
This is what happens when someone makes a post like this, we get jinxed.

Reactions: LordBacon

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I think BC Hydro cut us off because we paid most of our money to Sutter and the gangs instead of for electricity.

No, BC Hydro had their coffers raided by the BC Liberals, that is why.

Never vote for the BC Liberals.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This post aged like milk
Just gotta be more patient Bacon Man. Team didnt have a preseason to get ready for the season, give them another 15-20 games to get there legs

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We are .500. Hurray! Maybe we can finish 16th? Oh boy! Great joy and celebrations! We can draft 16th too. Yes! The odds are so much better of getting another core piece when drafting 16th, than when drafting top five, right? Or even better, maybe we can trade away our first round pick for a good player who will be old, and gone as a UFA in two years? Yes! That’s how to build a 16th place winning team.
Mr. Aquilini. Your 800 million dollar franchise will soon be worth 600 million. Is that winning?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Of course not. Sakic is still a much better GM than Benning, AINEC.
Every GM makes bad trades, and poor signings. It’s just that Benning has done both so often it’s killing our club. Not to mention missing with Jake and OJ. One miss, okay. But two misses during the rebuilding phase iß a killer. Combine the bad trades, the poor signings, and the two big first round misses, and we are sunk.

Reactions: LordBacon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad