GDT: We’re not in Carolina anymore FLA@CAR

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
hqdefault.jpg

Not who we're playing. Instead we are playing a team from the state that produces Florida Man on the regular.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Ned in net? Why?

Might want to read this quote from an astute poster earlier in the thread:

heat charts on naturalstattrick show they like to generate offense from near the FO circles at ES. Possibly looking to create rebound goals. They generate a lot of shots from the points on the PP.

Florida looking to create rebound goals does not make Reimer the ideal candidate to start.

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
Looking at the numbers, there isnt much Florida does great except win so far (fairly important). They are good in close games. They have played in 8, 1 goal games so far this season.

They are tied for worst high danger save percentage in the league. So the Canes need to get in close, like they have, and get scoring chances. Do not allow them to keep the shots to the outside. Florida has a lopsided HD chances with their opponents having a few more than they generate.

They are +2 in even strength goals, Canes are +7.

Canes have allowed the same amount of PK goals despite 18 more PK minutes. Canes have 1 shorty as well.

5v5 CF% 55% Canes 51% Florida.

heat charts on naturalstattrick show they like to generate offense from near the FO circles at ES. Possibly looking to create rebound goals. They generate a lot of shots from the points on the PP.

but I am just here for the lines.....

Yeah they are good at defense, but it looks like they let a lot of shots through from the points down to the circles, but basically nothing from down low. Will be important we fight for that space, and I think we have the players to do it. Hopefully we can get some PP opportunities and limit theirs. Great powerplay, weak PK for them.

upload_2021-2-17_9-40-49.png

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Ned isnt exactly a rebound free goalie either.

I agree, but Reimer was giving up some especially juicy rebounds to Columbus on Monday.

Truth is, there are 6 games in the next 8 days:
2/17 FLA (Ned)
2/19 CHI
2/20 CHI (Ned?)
2/22 TB
2/24 @TB (Ned?)
2/25 @TB

Plus @FLA on 2/27 for 7 in 10 days.

With Ned getting today, that keeps Rod from playing Reimer 4 times in 8 days.

If you push out another week, there are 10 games in the next 16 days. The next period with 2 straight days off is March 5 and 6.

Ned's going to need to play a lot the next 2 weeks if Mrazek isn't back.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I agree, but Reimer was giving up some especially juicy rebounds to Columbus on Monday.

Truth is, there are 6 games in the next 8 days:
2/17 FLA (Ned)
2/19 CHI
2/20 CHI (Ned?)
2/22 TB
2/24 @TB (Ned?)
2/25 @TB

Plus @FLA on 2/27 for 7 in 10 days.

With Ned getting today, that keeps Rod from playing Reimer 4 times in 8 days.

If you push out another week, there are 10 games in the next 16 days. The next period with 2 straight days off is March 5 and 6.

Ned's going to need to play a lot the next 2 weeks if Mrazek isn't back.
The team is going to have to be on their game. Ned isnt going to steal games for us.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
The team is going to have to be on their game. Ned isnt going to steal games for us.

See this comment makes me wonder what color your glasses have been during the game James has started. He has looked very uncomfortable until late in the 3rd after giving up 3 or more goals. In his 2 starts Ned has looked worlds better then James. Now we all know can play better but this year he hasn't and if the Canes offense hasn't been one of the best in the league we would be in trouble

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Pretty sure NBCSN protects their time slot on Wednesday nights from other (American?) games starting at the same time. Probably part of the reason why I believe we originally didn't have any Wednesday games. For those that haven't looked, next Wednesday is going to be the exact same thing.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
See this comment makes me wonder what color your glasses have been during the game James has started. He has looked very uncomfortable until late in the 3rd after giving up 3 or more goals. In his 2 starts Ned has looked worlds better then James. Now we all know can play better but this year he hasn't and if the Canes offense hasn't been one of the best in the league we would be in trouble
I think they've been roughly equal. I'd actually say James has somehow gotten better results than he's looked and Ned has looked better than his results. Ultimately, they've been about the same all told to me. I still don't have much confidence in Ned at this point, but he's looked okay enough to get some time until we get Petr back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad