GDT: WDSF Game 6: Golden Knights @ Wild - 8:00 PM CT - NBC, TVAS, SN, BSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I agree in terms of being most publicly available, as well as the best player on a short list, he should be a top target. But yeah, the price is the hang up. I know Buffalo is going to be asking for a HAUL for him, and I'm not sure he's worth it. He's kind of like a slightly more appealing RNH to me. It would really depend on what we give up and the contract we sign him to.
I think he’s much better than RNH, but he’s still not a player that get’s a top 20 prospect in the world given the situation he’s in with Buffalo, imo.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I wouldn’t move Boldy or Rossi. I’m more willing to good Roster players to compensate for that if the value is offset. That’s why the top scenario is the one I’m most intruiged by. Maybe even swap Ek for Greenway.

Just looking at Packages we may have to beat for Eichel:

VGK: Tuch + Krebs + 1st (They’d have to make the cap work)
CGY:Tkachuk + Zary + 1st

we I definetly don’t think it has to be Eichel, but watching this series definetly shows how much work we still have to do (in case some didn’t know).
Yeah I question if those are actually packages being offered to Buffalo, or if those are just what fans are discussing.

Beyond that, the question becomes what Buffalo is looking for. Quite frankly, as good as Tuch is, and as promising as they think Krebs is, neither of them are really franchise altering players. Same with Tkachuk and definitely Zary. So if you offer something like Greenway+Dumba+Beckman+Khustnutdinov/Khovanov+1st, you're pretty close to those packages without giving up something that really hurts to give up. It really depends though. Would Buffalo rather have Tkachuk, or would they rather have Dumba, Greenway and Beckman? K-ov and the 1st mostly cancel out Zary and the 1st.

Maybe, though I think he'd still be played at RW if he was here. That's where they have him in Nashville, no?

Yeah they have Granlund centering Kunin and Jarnkrok. Like I said, it would take a coach really committing to him working out at center.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah, I wouldn’t move Boldy or Rossi. I’m more willing to good Roster players to compensate for that if the value is offset. That’s why the top scenario is the one I’m most intruiged by. Maybe even swap Ek for Greenway.

Just looking at Packages we may have to beat for Eichel:

VGK: Tuch + Krebs + 1st (They’d have to make the cap work)
CGY:Tkachuk + Zary + 1st

we I definetly don’t think it has to be Eichel, but watching this series definetly shows how much work we still have to do (in case some didn’t know).
I don't know why but I can't shake the feeling that any Eichel trade will result in some kind of "everyone loses" scenario. I think we could make a competitive offer in terms of raw "value," but I don't think I want to get into a bidding war with teams that can offer better replacement/prospect centers than we can. And I'm not really losing any sleep over missing out on that one.

I do also wonder about his attitude and how he'd fare against a team like Vegas. I've given Fiala credit this year for continuing to push even in games where things aren't clicking for him, but even he's looked overtly frustrated in this one. We've never seen Eichel in a series where he's had to push through something like that... though I guess that means we've never seen him fail to do so, either.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Another thing that this series has me seriously questioning is my previous comfort with losing both Dumba and Soucy and replacing them with Addison and Menell. Dumba, Soucy and Cole (honorable mention to Suter) have been our most physical defensemen in this series, and it still feels like the blueline's been reluctant to engage physically. Losing all three at once might be a bigger problem than I was thinking.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Another thing that this series has me seriously questioning is my previous comfort with losing both Dumba and Soucy and replacing them with Addison and Menell. Dumba, Soucy and Cole (honorable mention to Suter) have been our most physical defensemen in this series, and it still feels like the blueline's been reluctant to engage physically. Losing all three at once might be a bigger problem than I was thinking.

We don't really have that much of a choice since Guerin decided to hang his hat on Brodin and Spurgeon as the two guys going forward. Though I still think it's likely we see Guerin cut a deal with Seattle to not lose certain players. Just hope he doesn't f*** it up like Fletcher did.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anybody want to get weird?

Fiala + Dumba + maybe something else

for

J. Hughes + Subban

Still not convinced Hughes is a full time center in this league, and he's absolute dogshit at faceoffs. 35% his first two years.

In terms of his skill though, it's a good gambit. Just, really really needs to work on bulking up, playing defense, and learning how to win a faceoff. But maybe the fact that he might not be a center is what makes NJ comfortable with trading him for Fiala and Dumba.

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
Anybody want to get weird?

Fiala + Dumba + maybe something else

for

J. Hughes + Subban

Not sure I would do this deal. Hughes isn't your prototypical center and I want nothing to do with Subban. Losing Fiala's speed and dynamic play is not something this team can afford. The last thing I want Guerin doing is making a trade like this which hurts us in the speed and dynamic ability area just to fill a center spot.

I think the Wild should be looking to bring in Sam Reinhart. I think you can work a trade that isn't going to cost you Fiala, Boldy or Rossi.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not sure I would do this deal. Hughes isn't your prototypical center and I want nothing to do with Subban. Losing Fiala's speed and dynamic play is not something this team can afford. The last thing I want Guerin doing is making a trade like this which hurts us in the speed and dynamic ability area just to fill a center spot.

I think the Wild should be looking to bring in Sam Reinhart. I think you can work a trade that isn't going to cost you Fiala, Boldy or Rossi.

Hughes is fairly dynamic, or at least still has potential to be. Subban is just a 1 year glitch, and there's nothing saying you can't flip him with retainage somewhere its just for the year.

If that is in the cards, I'm there (as long as it also doesn't include unprotected 1sts in 22-24).

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
If that is in the cards, I'm there (as long as it also doesn't include unprotected 1sts in 22-24).

If it takes throwing both #1's this year I would consider it since those picks will be in the middle 20's anyway and from all accounts this is a weak draft.

Maybe something like this:
Greenway, Dumba and #1 or Dumba
or
Dumba, #1 this year and Khusnutdinov.
or
Dumba and 2 1st's this year

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If it takes throwing both #1's this year I would consider it since those picks will be in the middle 20's anyway and from all accounts this is a weak draft.

Maybe something like this:
Greenway, Dumba and #1 or Dumba
or
Dumba, #1 this year and Khusnutdinov.
or
Dumba and 2 1st's this year

Man I wish we could have gotten this much for Zucker if that's what you think that tier player is worth. This is ridiculous.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

I am lukewarm on Reinhart, but he is the logical candidate. Wild has assets that would be attractive to Buffalo, and like you said he wouldn't cost any of those three players because he is a year or two from free agency.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What is everybody's expectations for Rossi for, say the next 3-4 years. I know it's probably hard because we don't fully know the COVID effect, but if everything goes fine health-wise, what do we think we're looking at?

2021-22: 20 years old, predominantly AHL (50% of the season or more) to catch up a bit, maybe a taste of the NHL beforehand (9 games) or later on if he does well in Iowa
2022-23: 21, years old, 2nd-ish line center, 2nd PP, maybe 35-45 point pace
2023-24: 22 years old, off and running as the best offensive center on the team, 60+ points (hopefully more) but at least you can see a center solution there

Are we thinking 3 years out from being the impact player that we're hoping for? 22 years old seems about right, doesn't it?

I just feel like the answer to this question is pretty important when considering Reinhart, Kuznetsov, Danault, whoever.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
you guys are reading way too much into rossi missing 60 games. hell be fine come training camp mark my words. you dont just forget how to play hockey, and he has more than enough time to bulk back up.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
you guys are reading way too much into rossi missing 60 games. hell be fine come training camp mark my words. you dont just forget how to play hockey, and he has more than enough time to bulk back up.
The bigger question is whether or not there are any lingering cardiovascular effects from whatever he went through with Covid. I'm sure the conditioning and skills will be there, but I don't think anyone really knows what it did or didn't do to his heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad