GDT: WDF Game 1: Vegas Golden Knights @ Colorado Avalanche | 5:00PM PT | NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas-Golden-Knights-vs.-Colorado-Avalanche.jpg

Vegas Golden Knights @ Colorado Avalanche
R2 G1 | 5:00PM | Series Tied 0-0
Ball Arena | Denver, CO

556221.jpg

560108.jpg

Oh yeah, Avs, we still haven't beaten the Wild yet so no need for you guys to show up.

:vegas

VGK-F.jpg

VGK-D.jpg

Line-up-G.jpg

:avs

COL-F.jpg

COL-D.jpg

COL-G.jpg

Lets Score Some Goals

CarelessPlasticApe-max-1mb.gif
CarelessPlasticApe-max-1mb.gif

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Fleury wasn’t as good in the last 3 games. He allowed 9 goals in those games and cost us game 5. A win in that game would have let the team rest up instead of play a couple of more games. Imagine the comments if Lehner played a game like that and also got outplayed in game 6.

We need Fleury on his A game, not his B game or C game.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
99% sure this is to get Flower some rest.

Yeah I’m sure Fleury starts on Wednesday. And Lehner won 13 playoff games in the last 2 years. He was very solid with us in the last postseason.

Our two goalies won the Jennings Trophy. That never happens if the fans on Twitter are right when they suggest that Lehner is horrible. Just because Fleury can look superhuman when he is on his A game, that doesn’t mean his backup stinks.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I don't mind starting Lehner. He needs to be tested, and Flower needs to be rested. And the Avs...they need to be bested!

It's the playoffs. You don't give your hot goaltender rest. This is just asking for trouble.

Playoff Flower has always needed a rest. Better to start Lehner than have him come in cold with a ton of pressure. I think everyone here has a feeling there will be at least one game where the Avs have the score out of reach.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
It's a decent gamble - I'm not a big Lehner fan, but Fleury was not as brilliant in the last 3 games as he was in 1-4. We're not in the locker room, have to trust the coaching staff and the players.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
One thing that should get mentioned more is this schedule is ridiculous. I’m sure that’s one reason for the decision. MAF has just played 7 games in 13 days.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I don't have a problem with Lehner in G1.

As long as Flower is back for G2. It would be the same thing PDB did coming off the Vancouver series.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
MAF you best player against the Avs all season long? Start Lehner - #JustDeBoerThings :huh:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It's the playoffs. You don't give your hot goaltender rest. This is just asking for trouble.

Hot goaltender?

Game 1: .967
Game 2: .971
Game 3: .875
Game 4: 1.000
Game 5: .769
Game 6: .875
Game 7: .900

Those stats scream a guy who was much better early and rested than late and tired. Playing him less than 48 hours yet again, and then every other day for another two, four, six weeks seems like a great idea?

Reactions: CupInSIX

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
MAF you best player against the Avs all season long? Start Lehner - #JustDeBoerThings :huh:

The decision surprised me but then I thought about it and I'd rather have Fleury, who was better this year, 100% or near it for 6 games than 85-90% for 7.

If you put a tired Fleury (8 games in 15 days, less than 48 hours after a game seven) behind a tired team against a rested Colorado team you could invite disaster if they get 4 or 5 on him. His confidence would be dinged and he would still be fatigued.

If you then play Lehner in game two and he plays well enough to win you have a goalie controversy, this helps head that off no matter how well or not Lehner plays and is an opportunity to make sure one of your top players this season can be at their best if the series goes 6-7 games, which it almost certainly will if we win.

Even if Fleury got the game one win you're still setting him up to fade throughout the series and probably do not get the Fleury we've seen more often this season later on for more than just one game.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Honestly, I'll be completely shocked if the net isn't Lehner's for game 2 regardless of the outcome of tonight's game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hot goaltender?

Game 1: .967
Game 2: .971
Game 3: .875
Game 4: 1.000
Game 5: .769
Game 6: .875
Game 7: .900

Those stats scream a guy who was much better early and rested than late and tired. Playing him less than 48 hours yet again, and then every other day for another two, four, six weeks seems like a great idea?

Rather that than a goalie who takes 1 hour just to get back up after he falls down.

I just don't think Lehner will be able to handle the Avs talent.

Hope he proves me wrong.

In addition, I have noticed that Lehner doesn't really like playing the puck as much as Fleury does. This could be a key element in beating the Avs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad