WCSF: St. Louis Blues Vs. Colorado Avalanche | Col leads 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
JB and Husso were 1 and 1A starting the playoffs. Blues fans said we have 3 #1 lines. More scoring depth than even Florida. All these 20 goal scorers. NOW you've lost JB and there is all this whining how he was our only chance, how it's so unfair. What happened to this juggernaut team? Letting JB's loss get into your heads is one thing but it isn't the only thing. It seems the team AND their fan's reaction is saying is we can't play with these guys.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
what metrics don't show though is the Blues losing their composure and then going on the PK. They need to play more aggressively on the offensive for sure if they want to come back, but they need to do it without taking penalties. Sitting back on a 1 goal lead isn't working for them. I think if they stop head hunting and stop turtling they can make the series a lot more interesting.
It should be interesting if the Blues get both Krug and Scandella back tomorrow. Looks like Krug should be good.

if that happens wonder if they move to the 6 D and regular 4th line.

Reactions: U55

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It should be interesting if the Blues get both Krug and Scandella back tomorrow. Looks like Krug should be good.

if that happens wonder if they move to the 6 D and regular 4th line.

He should? I know he skated yesterday, but I thought it was more just by himself and not at all in a game-related practice situation?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Oh you mean the "Accidental" hit by the guy that has been suspended 6 times and fined another 5 times.

Seems like a fair comparison, but understandable Avs fans have always loved the cheap shot artist....calling Claude Lemieux
So if the department that has suspended and fined said player numerous times doesn't do anything in this case, you instead of drawing the reasonable conclusion that it was a hockey play with an unfortunate outcome let your fantasy run wild and imagine malice? Have I understood your position correctly?

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Just listen to yourself...
Clearly Kadri's reputation has to do with the color of his skin or faith....cuz you know :skeptic:.

Google Marchand and death threat. Yeah, you'll find none.
or if you happen to find something somewhere, I doubt it will be related to his Canadian birth, France historical heritage, or Christian religion.

The sad fact is that the Blues have said nothing to denounce it!
Berube said nothing to denouce it!
I haven't checked, but has any Blues writer denounced it?

I'm as neutral as they come when it comes to the Blues, and was actually happy when the won the cup, but right now I feel this organization is showing it's true colors.
it’s just so common it’s not talked about that much. Google Kadri death threat and you will find something because one idiot phoned to the police that he would kill Kadri. That’s pretty unique stupidity that caused it to hit the news. But the social media death threats public personalities get is so common and prevalent it’s literally a non story.

I don't think I understand your point. Plenty of people (both avs fans & neutrals) recognize that Naz has a well-earned reputation...I've made multiple posts that I don't like having a player as reckless wrt his coworkers health & well-being as Naz, on the team I root for.

...and we get why people are mad at him after Binnington was hurt; even if that wasn't Kadri's intent it was a result of his reckless playing style & hockey's refusal to clean up the sport.

None of that excuses the most-ignorant subsect of fans taking that next step, or Berube's inability to condemn it. Sports are emotional, in a repressed society that teaches its men that they are only allowed to get emotional in very specific contexts, sports can become even more emotional.

But not having control of your emotions isn't an excuse for s***ty behavior, ever, and focusing on why they were emotional feels like it's either missing the point or intentionally sidestepping the issue. It's important for them to hear from people within their own tribe that that sort of behavior isn't acceptable under any circumstances.
You know only one idiot phoned the police making this a story and that public personalities get anonymous death threats on social media all the time right?

So basically your take is, “he deserves it”. Congrats man, you’re a real winner
So basically, my take is one idiot phoned the police and so this is a story blown out of proportion. Some of you are uniquely ignorant to the amount of racist death threats public personalities get on social media anonymously.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
falafel-gifalafel-hazfalafel-icanhasfalafel-reaction-gif-reaction-%D7%A4%D7%9C%D7%90%D7%A4%D7%9C%D7%90%D7%A0%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%A7%D7%91%D7%9C%D7%99%D7%9B%D7%95%D7%9C%D7%A4%D7%9C%D7%90%D7%A4%D7%9C.gif
That’s just like, your opinion man.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
JB and Husso were 1 and 1A starting the playoffs. Blues fans said we have 3 #1 lines. More scoring depth than even Florida. All these 20 goal scorers. NOW you've lost JB and there is all this whining how he was our only chance, how it's so unfair. What happened to this juggernaut team? Letting JB's loss get into your heads is one thing but it isn't the only thing. It seems the team AND their fan's reaction is saying is we can't play with these guys.
Lol, I'm an Avs fan, but I find these posts silly. Just my opinion, and not intended as an insult. "Blues fans said we have 3 #1 lines."
So like, do blues fans get assigned unit numbers, as they are all assembled from the same production line, and all of them are programmed to exaggerate, and in the same way, or what? Even though tons of them expected the Avalanche to win the series, so of course losing JB who was playing really well in this series before he went down, hurts them? And plenty of Avalanche fans gave the edge to the Blues for offensive depth, so with the exception of "blues fans" who I am convinced did not even nearly universally declare the Blues had 3 "#1 lines", it seems the fan bases were in agreement on that? And also in agreement often about the Avs having the advantage in top player talent, as well as defence?

Lol, and if you are going on about some blues fans changing their tune from before the series compared to now... Just look at the game day thread in the avalanche board from after game 2, and read all the posts panicking and talking about how the avs are going to lose the round, blah, blah, blah. Yeah, we know, you will find ridiculous posts from fans of all teams on this board that you can easily cherry pick. To clarify, the part that was ridiculous was the abrupt change in sentiment and tune after game 2 (not that the avs could lose the round, or even having an opinion that the avs will lose the round), and talking about the avs losing the series strictly as a knee-jerk reaction to 1 game. Debating comparisons to a Vegas series that shares nothing in common with this series, except that they took place at roughly the same part of the calendar year.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Lol, I'm an Avs fan, but I find these posts silly. Just my opinion, and not intended as an insult. "Blues fans said we have 3 #1 lines."
So like, do blues fans get assigned unit numbers, as they are all assembled from the same production line, and all of them are programmed to exaggerate, and in the same way, or what? Even though tons of them expected the Avalanche to win the series, so of course losing JB who was playing really well in this series before he went down, hurts them? And plenty of Avalanche fans gave the edge to the Blues for offensive depth, so with the exception of "blues fans" who I am convinced did not even nearly universally declare the Blues had 3 "#1 lines", it seems the fan bases were in agreement on that? And also in agreement often about the Avs having the advantage in top player talent, as well as defence?
Some folks are simply more interested in dunking on the other side and gloating than having interesting and genuine conversations. It’s been more noticeable with avs fans the past few days, but happens with every fan base. It is what it is. Appreciate you calling a spade a spade FWIW.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Some folks are simply more interested in dunking on the other side and gloating than having interesting and genuine conversations. It’s been more noticeable with avs fans the past few days, but happens with every fan base. It is what it is. Appreciate you calling a spade a spade FWIW.

Thanks. I added a bit more to the post with an edit, as well.

Well said! Likewise, if the Blues were up 3-1, we would probably be seeing it more noticable with Blues fans the pat few days. And of course then you'll have the counter-measure of some feeling the blues fan base (or the avs fanbase in this case) are all cocky or obnoxious, etc. as a blanket statement.

I'm really stoked the Avs are up (obviously). I expected there was a good chance the Blues could give them a strong fight. I expected Colorado to win, but I didn't take the Blues lightly. Binny was indeed playing really well, and in game 1, a few of the things that STL did do well, seemed to really make things a bit easier for Binny, as well. Preventing 'nearly unsaveable' type scoring opportunities very well, which the Avs can be capable of generating a lot of against some teams. Having him out def seems to be hurting them. For my own perspective, considering the Avs' bad luck with goaltender health in the post-season in recent years, it feels kinda like poetic justice or something, or limits my empathy a bit (not that, that actually had anything to do with the blues). Series isn't over yet, either, of course! But obviously really unlikely at this point that the Blues pull it off. It wasn't until game 4 that I started to really feel some comfort.

I miss O'Reilly. I still remember when he and Duchene both made the Avs out of training camp as 18 year olds (RoR being a rare 2nd rounder to do this), and from the start of the season out of the gate, RoR impressed me a lot more than Duchene. I never forgot about that, and for the most part, that sentiment never really changed for me. RoR has been an absolute freaking stud in this series. They got a pretty gross return for him in that trade with Buffalo I think it was.

Do you have any thoughts on the Blues upcoming off-season? As far as what the team will look like next year, or plans/trajectory moving forward? The Avs definitely have a cup contender window that I expect will stay open for some years, but it will be a challenging off-season for Sakic. There is a reasonable chance they lose both of Nichuskin and Kadri to free agency, for starters, which would really sting. They need to figure out their starting goaltender situation going forward again, as well. The team could lose a lot of pieces this summer, but much of their core is locked up long-term, or still have a bit more term left on great deals (Toews & MacKinnon, for example).

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Once they're up against Edmonton, everything changes. Injuring Mike Smith would only help Edmonton's situation.

Smith has been better than Kemper by a lot so far in the playoffs, in terms of goals saved above expected

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
it’s just so common it’s not talked about that much. Google Kadri death threat and you will find something because one idiot phoned to the police that he would kill Kadri. That’s pretty unique stupidity that caused it to hit the news. But the social media death threats public personalities get is so common and prevalent it’s literally a non story.

You know only one idiot phoned the police making this a story and that public personalities get anonymous death threats on social media all the time right?

So basically, my take is one idiot phoned the police and so this is a story blown out of proportion. Some of you are uniquely ignorant to the amount of racist death threats public personalities get on social media anonymously.

Did you see the death threats on his Instagram account that his wife shared? From memory, I believe there were 4.

I'm sorry, but death threats are taken seriously (leading to arrests and potential prosecution), as they should be, as you don't know which one can be real.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah we should definitely normalize racist abuse and death threats.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Yeah, the tune has changed once the Blues didn't measure up.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Just look at the game day thread in the avalanche board from after game 2, and read all the posts panicking and talking about how the avs are going to lose the round, blah, blah, blah.
True, we have the dumbest and most bandwagon fans in the NHL right now and the fans that say the Avs are "mentally weak" are the dumbest of the dumb fans we have.

Autozone employees thinking they can run a hockey club, nothing more. Really easy to hate Avs fans, even as one.

Reactions: Punished ROR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad