WCSF: St. Louis Blues Vs. Colorado Avalanche | Col leads 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
...Against a team that had also lost their starting goalie.

So it was fair game for 2 games...It still ended in 4...

Maybe Nashville just was more than one Saros away from making this a series. Hell, even the Preds-Fans admit that and realized it (they knew what´s to come after their team blew the game to Arizona).

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So it was fair game for 2 games...It still ended in 4...

Maybe Nashville just was more than one Saros away from making this a series. Hell, even the Preds-Fans admit that and realized it (they knew what´s to come after their team blew the game to Arizona).
I don't think Nashville gets swept with an actual goalie. The series was nothing more than a formality but Saros is far better than anyone else they played.

Reactions: U55

Stlblues87

Oct 10, 2017
The lack of credit comes from the circumstances. The Blues have won the xGF battle both 5 on 5 and overall in 2/4 games. The ones they lost were game 1 in overtime and last night where they were running around with their heads cut off which was seemingly caused directly by the injury. The Avs have dominated the 2 games they've won, but that doesn't necessarily bleed into the rest of the series, especially with a veteran coach like Berube who's proven in this series he can make effect adjustments in between games.
So wait… you mean Avs fans are wrong that they’ve dominated the series? Lol

Reactions: U55

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
that's good I am glad I could make you laugh. Maybe you didn't read and comprehend why I posted about the odds and betting lines. That wouldn't surprise me at all. I am not angry at all just so we are clear. Thanks for letting me know you are ;)
Who am I exactly? I'm perfectly aware of betting lines and what they mean. They mean that a lot of people are making bets on the Avs. I find it absolutely hilarious you slag people here and then post betting lines as your coup de grace, not knowing bozos posting here are main driver of those :laugh:

Signed,

A big data analyst, pleased to meet you

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
So wait… you mean Avs fans are wrong that they’ve dominated the series? Lol
there's been times in this series where each team has looked dominate. I would say the difference is the avs have taken advantage more often when they had the edge. Last nights game was really a collapse in just a few minutes, which costed the Blues a chance of winning. It was 0-1 and then in no time it was 4-1. That was a crazy sequence that doesn't happen often.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Many Blues fans, understandably, wanted to see Schenn or Barbie or Borts or whomever F Kadri up on the ice. Retribution for Faulk last year and Binny. This is I think normal fandom and within bounds of what guy like Kadri should expect.

A handful of idiots on social media crossed line and made idiotic, racist, threats towards Kadri and his family. This isn't okay. No matter how big of a douche he is on the ice, it stays on the ice. And racist attacks are never okay.

We should all condemn these attacks rather than let this fool get to claim moral high ground. Because F him.

Reactions: stl76

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Who am I exactly? I'm perfectly aware of betting lines and what they mean. They mean that a lot of people are making bets on the Avs. I find it absolutely hilarious you slag people here and then post betting lines as your coup de grace, not knowing bozos posting here are main driver of those :laugh:

Signed,

A big data analyst, pleased to meet you
Oh wow, a big shot. It doesn't surprise me at all that you argue semantics and then go for the appeal to authority, while tossing in some ad hominems. Who are you to me? Just an angry poster who is whining for reasons that probably have nothing to do with this conversation. I hope whatever you're going through improves soon.

Reactions: Turbonium

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Umm… yeah? Lol the guy was the 3rd overall pick and has played a lot of good hockey over the years. Would take him over Calle Rosen lol. Would assume most folks know who Jack Johnson is.
He was the third overall pick in 2005. And kind of a disappointing one at that. He has stretches where he doesn't look completely out of place, but ask fans of his recent teams if they'd take him back for free.

But I guess he hasn't taken out any Avs goalies so far, so that's a big plus over Rosen.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
there's been times in this series where each team has looked dominate. I would say the difference is the avs have taken advantage more often when they had the edge. Last nights game was really a collapse in just a few minutes, which costed the Blues a chance of winning. It was 0-1 and then in no time it was 4-1. That was a crazy sequence that doesn't happen often.

It wasn't a collapse in a few minutes though. Shots in the first period were 15-3, the Blues basically never showed up to play 5 on 5 hockey last night.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
It wasn't a collapse in a few minutes though. Shots in the first period were 15-3, the Blues basically never showed up to play 5 on 5 hockey last night.
yeah, they were head hunting Kadri and since they got the first goal they turtled. It's a common tactic in the playoffs but it doesn't always work.

Stlblues87

Oct 10, 2017
He was the third overall pick in 2005. And kind of a disappointing one at that. He has stretches where he doesn't look completely out of place, but ask fans of his recent teams if they'd take him back for free.

But I guess he hasn't taken out any Avs goalies so far, so that's a big plus over Rosen.
Still a better option than Rosen.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think it was mentioned on the broadcast last night that something along the lines of 90% of the teams who go up 3-1 in a series go on to win that series.

However...the Blues have shown themselves so good at capitalizing on just about any defensive miscue, and the Avs have shown themselves capable of making defensive miscues, I really would prefer Avs fans stop acting like the series is over.

Just close it out tomorrow. Don't want to come back to STL. If they come back to STL, you're giving the Blues life, and they f***ing go balls-to-the-wall in a hypothetical G6. Just don't give them any life whatsoever.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think it was mentioned on the broadcast last night that something along the lines of 90% of the teams who go up 3-1 in a series go on to win that series.

However...the Blues have shown themselves so good at capitalizing on just about any defensive miscue, and the Avs have shown themselves capable of making defensive miscues, I really would prefer Avs fans stop acting like the series is over.

Just close it out tomorrow. Don't want to come back to STL. If they come back to STL, you're giving the Blues life, and they f***ing go balls-to-the-wall in a hypothetical G6. Just don't give them any life whatsoever.

Ya the series is not over by a long shot. Pretty sure we've lost to the wilds one year with a big series lead. Mack needs to take full advantage of last change at home and at least score a goal next game. I hope we stack up Landeskog-Mack-Rantanen.

Reactions: missionAvs

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
If you look at the possession metrics this series has almost been a carbon copy of last years sweep. Pretty much the same metrics across the board.

And that’s with the Blues having a great game 2. For almost the entirely of games 1 and 4 the Blues struggled to even get past the red line. At the time just before that 4 goal onslaught the shots were 20-3, it would be extremely unlikely to not win dictating the play as much as Colorado has in this series.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
If you look at the possession metrics this series has almost been a carbon copy of last years sweep. Pretty much the same metrics across the board.

And that’s with the Blues having a great game 2. For almost the entirely of games 1 and 4 the Blues struggled to even get past the red line. At the time just before that 4 goal onslaught the shots were 20-3, it would be extremely unlikely to not win dictating the play as much as Colorado has in this series.
what metrics don't show though is the Blues losing their composure and then going on the PK. They need to play more aggressively on the offensive for sure if they want to come back, but they need to do it without taking penalties. Sitting back on a 1 goal lead isn't working for them. I think if they stop head hunting and stop turtling they can make the series a lot more interesting.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
If only there was another incident in the same game where someone got injured and there were no penalty or supplemental discipline...
Oh you mean the "Accidental" hit by the guy that has been suspended 6 times and fined another 5 times.

Seems like a fair comparison, but understandable Avs fans have always loved the cheap shot artist....calling Claude Lemieux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad