GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Really haven't watched these teams too much except when playing the Avs or on national games. Have they given up such uncontested slot chances all season long? Seems like it'll bite them against better teams.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I’ve never played hockey at a competitive level, but have a limited understanding of playing.

Along the boards, which player takes most of the toll when a hit occurs, the person hitting or the person getting hit?

I get that all hits are different, but generally speaking. Does hitting wear down opponents that much if you’re taking force too?

I’ve been told if you’re glued to the boards it helps absorb the contact and “ricochets” it back.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
That I'm tortured with Taylor Swift? Absolutely :sarcasm:

taylor-swift-meme-taylor-swift.gif

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve never played hockey at a competitive level, but have a limited understanding of playing.

Along the boards, which player takes most of the toll when a hit occurs, the person hitting or the person getting hit?

I get that all hits are different, but generally speaking. Does hitting wear down opponents that much if you’re taking force too?

I’ve been told if you’re glued to the boards it helps absorb the contact and “ricochets” it back.
It’s really situational

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Seeing a lot of the old "change after an icing anyways to make the refs have to sort things out and therefore negate the point of not being able to change" these playoffs.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Really haven't watched these teams too much except when playing the Avs or on national games. Have they given up such uncontested slot chances all season long? Seems like it'll bite them against better teams.
Ah against the better teams eh ? The Canucks finished ahead of the Avs in the over all standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad