WCSF Gm#7: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/28/13 - THIRD ROUND! GO KINGS GO!

Psilocybin

May 22, 2013
Los Angeles
I totally agree. The Staples Center crown has developed some bad habits, not helped by Bailey and whoever runs the media there. The game is about glory, and there is ZERO glory in telling your opponents and their fans that they suck.

Regarding the game, I am still stunned by the plays that led to our second goal last night. Pavelski, Couture, and Marleau have a good shift in our zone, force Quick to make a good save and then nearly score on a deflected shot, and then the Kings start to break the puck out--AND THEN ALL THREE OF THOSE FORWARDS GO FOR A LINE CHANGE. They totally left their defenders high and dry, absolutely gifting us a four-on-two. Wow--and this from players that are supposed to be veterans in Marleau and Pavelski. What a pathetic display from those two. At least Couture has the excuse that he's relatively young, but still, if he's that dedicated to winning, he doesn't make a play like that.

Nailed it.

I didn't even notice that those three forwards went for a line change on that play. Sometimes I get tunnel vision on what the Kings are doing and don't pay attention to mistakes the opposing team is making.

I don't like the "Hey <team> fans. YOU SUCK!" chant either. I don't like talking smack to visiting fans unless they start doing it first. Even if I do respond it's in a jokingly fashion. We (Kings fans) SHOULD all be there to taunt the opposing PLAYERS (not their fans) and cheer for our players.

GO KINGS GO

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Nailed it.

I didn't even notice that those three forwards went for a line change on that play. Sometimes I get tunnel vision on what the Kings are doing and don't pay attention to mistakes the opposing team is making.

And those guys are their top line. It can be easy to forget, or overlook, or take for granted a guy like Kopitar's defensive skills and dedication. But, when you look at a play like this and realize that Kopitar would NEVER go for a change and bail on a play in such a situation, it's clear how fortunate we are to have him. And, although many were happy to see him go (myself included), I think we have to thank Terry Murray for a lot of Kopitar's defensive presence.

Pretty stark difference between players there, I think, and as close as the series was, it's the little things like this which make all the difference.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Awesome fan video!! Having never been to Staples this makes me feel like I was there!

I noticed people were standing. Is this the norm? Is it a special cheaper section? Or were they just standing at that specific time?

I think the video clips show mostly times when people stand up (celebrations). You normally always sit unless you're cheering or watching a penalty shot or shootout. These seats look like 100 lower level seats, so they are not cheap.

Capacity is normally 18,118, and last night's attendance was announced as 18,593 (I think) -- so there were 475 tickets sold that didn't have any seats attached to them, and the game was thus "standing room only".

I believe the extra "seats" are the suites, which I'm sure they overfill. I don't think the seats in the video were "standing room only seats" as they were in the lower level (100s).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad