WCSF Gm#5: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/23/13 - Shutown Win! Three Down, One to GO! GO KINGS!

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Total domination all game. Amazing performance.

Is there any question that Jonathan Quick is the greatest goaltender in Kings history?

No, there is not.

1dude

Aug 26, 2008
California
this was the game that we needed to see. Kings dominating boards early. Threw off Sharks. Now let's have the same game out the gate on Sunday.

Last edited:

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Sharks: Oh man we gotta get back in this game-

ap_jon_quick_20120606165744_320_240.JPG

Oh ****

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
We out hit them. We out shot them. We won more face-offs. We forced them to ice the puck countless times. Quick on beast mode. Those could only translate to one thing: a win.

Can't let the Sharks dominate us in the first 2 periods again like we did in games 3 and 4. Continue the attack. Make them panic since their backs are against the wall. Win this Sunday!

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
They all came out onto the ice, doing exactly what they needed to do. Tonite was a nite that both O and D were working together. Great for these guys to know they can count on that guy behind them there in beween the pipes. Quick is just so dependable. Proud of this whole team tonite. Greene back and making up for lost time. DD in full steam ahead mode. Kopi scoring was another plus.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
dom·i·na·tion
/ˌdäməˈnāSHən/
Noun
The exercise of control or influence over someone or something, or the state of being so controlled.

:yo:

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I hate to complain on such a great night but...

The officiating both ways has taken things to a new low in this league. It really is disturbing to me.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Christ reading the main boards one would think Dustin Brown is one of the Boston marathon bombers. The hate is absurd.

If we play like that every game we will repeat. The only question is whether or not we play like that every game.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Once again, Sutter makes the right moves.

Extra day gives him an extra day to look at tape and pull another rabbit out of his hat.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
There aren't many goalies who you can say are intimidating to play against, but one would have to think that Quick is one of those goalies.

The Kings need this type of performance once again to wrap things up in San Jose. They also have to somehow get favorable line matchups and may have to make quick changes to get the lines matched up.

Mike Richards demonstrated today why he's a playoff warrior, and the blueline has to have another game like this one. They were jumping into the play, leading breakouts, getting the puck out of the zone quickly, and connecting with passes. Take the physical game to the Sharks and wrap this series up in 6.

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009
They finally played a full game like I knew they could. If we come out forechecking, hitting, passing, pinching, and skating to pucks as hard and fast as we did tonight, the Sharks cannot beat us whether they're at home or not. I don't think ANY team can.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
A lot of good things happened tonight

-Great Pk
-Kopitar got in going
-Richards line was good
-Matt greene is boss (Tj Galliardi was a target tonight)
-Penner was a beast
-Quick is GOD
-DD was great, the D looked good all around
-HITS
- The third line was rolling
-Faceoffs!

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I like our new faceoff strategy. Tie up the center's stick and the winger comes in to take it. I noticed that a lot tonight. Whatever works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad