GDT: WCSF Gm#4 | KINGS#5 @ SHARKS#6 | Tuesday, 5/21/’13 @ 7:00pm PT | NBC-SN, TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
is A-Mart really not playing?

gfjshgkjdsngfsdnfsd, winning is overrated anyway. Please score a double hattrick lollerby-Muffin

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
If we don't win tonight, the streak I am absolutely terrified of coming to an end is our home winning streak. :cry:

dont you start talking about that! Clifford should be in the lineup tonight. im happy considering...he is the Shark killer :hit:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
This is a huge game. I don't see how we can keep winning so many at home. Need to win in San Jose. 3-1 series lead would be amazing!!

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Kings are suffering from some between the ears problems with San Jose. I figured this would be their achilles' heel in this series. For whatever reason, they fall into bad habits when they play San Jose (mainly they forgo puck possession big-time when they have the lead vs. when they face other teams).

Fortunately, so far, Quick has been bailing the team out, but they're clearly using Quick as a crutch and playing sub-par as a result. Here's the data:

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2013/5/20/4349186/kings-vs-sharks-mid-series-review

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kings are suffering from some between the ears problems with San Jose. I figured this would be their achilles' heel in this series. For whatever reason, they fall into bad habits when they play San Jose (mainly they forgo puck possession big-time when they have the lead vs. when they face other teams).

Fortunately, so far, Quick has been bailing the team out, but they're clearly using Quick as a crutch and playing sub-par as a result. Here's the data:

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2013/5/20/4349186/kings-vs-sharks-mid-series-review

To me, these are signs of exhaustion. Just looking at some of the top players going through the motions indicates to me that they're running on empty and were not prepared for the truncated schedule of a 48-game season.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
We need to win this one in the SHART TANK.
GO KINGS GO!!!

OQADWRN.gif

Beat those Sharts!

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
I too would like to see A-Mart in,
Looks like Burrish is coming back in as well, so great that we can get clifford back in as well.

Kings still haven't played to the level they were at last year IMO. Hoping tonight is when we start to see that solid forecheck and those lightning-quick-great-decision-makings that made this team so lethal last year.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Remember back when HF's all the rage question last playoffs was "What will the Kings do when faced with adversity"? I guess we're finding out because every damn game seems like a battle against adversity. So far, they've been coming up on top. But it would be nice to see an entire 60 minute game from these guys soon. If the Kings keep waiting for that to happen, we might not see one until next season.

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
Didn't wake up for game 3, because I had felling that game 3 will be sure defeat for Kings. I'll wake up for game 4 (4 am) because I'm sure this will be Kings win...

From your keyboard to the hockey gods ears, I pray.

Feeling good. Go Kings Go!!!

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
Greene took warm-ups prior to Game 3 in San Jose and appears to be a ready and willing option for Sutter, should the Kings choose to make a lineup change on defense.

“Well, we had him in warm-ups the other night. That’s the direction you go, is practice, contact, game day skates, in warm-ups. That’s always what you try and do. Obviously, with veteran guys, there are younger guys you’ve got to push, right? The difference between injured and hurt is something that sometimes you have to explain. But with the older guys, the veterans, the guys that you trust, there is [a point] where they make that decision because they know what it takes.â€

Link: http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/05/21/may-21-morning-skate-notes/#more-33565

Clifford and Greene back on the ice could provide a big boost

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Link: http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/05/21/may-21-morning-skate-notes/#more-33565

Clifford and Greene back on the ice could provide a big boost

Considering that Sutter would not say Clifford was back in for sure and he was not only taking warm-ups but skating on a line yesterday.
He could and will probably be back by what has been said by players even.
Greene was with the 4th pairing D in that same practice.
Would like to see him back but think it's still another game or two.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Considering that Sutter would not say Clifford was back in for sure and he was not only taking warm-ups but skating on a line yesterday.
He could and will probably be back by what has been said by players even.
Greene was with the 4th pairing D in that same practice.
Would like to see him back but think it's still another game or two.

I am more hopeful for Clifford coming back than Greene> Clifford can provide a spark to our bottom 6 as well as some grit.
I know Greene is basically another spelling for grit, but I worry about him keeping up with the speed of the sharks after so much time off.

ARIES626

Long live the Kings!
Mar 9, 2013
Rowland Heights Ca.
Those Boneheads on NHL Live are giving the Kings no respect saying the Kings are the underdogs going into tonight's game. Let's make them eat those words guys. Let's Kill, Destroy, Mutilate and Neuter the Sharks!! and with the leftovers we will have a little Shark fin soup!!! GO KINGS!!! :yo:

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Those Boneheads on NHL Live are giving the Kings no respect saying the Kings are the underdogs going into tonight's game. Let's make them eat those words guys. Let's Kill, Destroy, Mutilate and Neuter the Sharks!! and with the leftovers we will have a little Shark fin soup!!! GO KINGS!!! :yo:

Underdogs you say? I like what we did as underdogs last year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad