WCSF Game 7: Oilers @ Ducks | 10 PM | Mod Warning Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
I'm neutral but I hope Anaheim Ducks win, they're my pick to win Stanley Cup before PO started so my prediction better still be alive after Game 7.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I really like Connor McDavid's demeanor. Seems like a down to earth kid in interviews, and on the bench. Not getting any Crosby vibes from him. Kassian going all LLoyd Christmas on the bench, and he acts like he doesn't even realize he's there.

Totally made me think of this...

vsove

Apr 13, 2017
Edmonton, AB
Me right now.

giphy.gif

St8Sh00ter

Oct 16, 2016
Bettman just lost a huge market in NY. You think he wants to also lose California now and risk *gulp* an Edmonton-Ottawa final? The boys in black and white will be properly instructed to do the right thing.

bettman.jpg

I really hope your wrong. Not about who wins but the refs. I want a fair game.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
This is what being sports fan is all about. Game 7 is as exciting as it gets. You're nervous right now because your team has given you something to care about.

Exactly. I'm a bit nervous, but more than that - I'm excited. Hoping for a great game.

Go Ducks!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This is what being sports fan is all about. Game 7 is as exciting as it gets.

These stopped being exciting to me after the second blown series game 7 loss. Now it's just anxiety, dread, and being fed up with empty promises. It's one thing when your team goes from the league basement to a game 7 away from the conference finals in their first return to the postseason and half a decade of failing to put away a series before a game 7 is necessary.

Even without the absolute bombarding the ducks took in game 6, the loss is an extension of 5 years of the same frustrating result. I know that doesn't compare to 10 years of misery, but it's so deflating to get your hopes up every year. Every year I think "maybe this is the year" and four years running they've proven me wrong.

I struggle to get excited for this one. I desperately hope they win. Don't get me wrong. But four years of the same trend makes for an atmosphere that isn't fun, watching my team putting themselves in the same hole.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
This is what being sports fan is all about. Game 7 is as exciting as it gets. You're nervous right now because your team has given you something to care about.

Yup, as much as a wreck as I am right now, this is what I watched 500 games of an absolute tire fire for. This is what I missed all those years of ineptitude and futility.

Wouldn't trade it for anything, and love to hate every agonizing moment of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad