WCSF GAME 7: Blues vs. Stars | NBCSN 7pm | NBCSN,CBC,TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What a story this team is. Nobody in the world would have predicted Berube and Binnington to turn this ship around. Plus Patrick Maroon, the hometown kid, coming up big in moments like this.

This is a fun ride and I hope it keeps going. Let's Go Blues!!!

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
I wish the Stars could play penalty free hockey like the Blues

Seven straight periods of penalty-free hockey, despite committing obvious infractions like the interference on Zuccarello that should have cost them the game and the series. It's not enjoyable, or legitimate when the rule book is thrown out.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Seven straight periods of penalty-free hockey, despite committing obvious infractions like the interference on Zuccarello that should have cost them the game and the series. It's not enjoyable, or legitimate when the rule book is thrown out.
Except it happens both ways, there were multiple hugely noticeable Stars penalties that were ignored too. There’s a reason players generally don’t complain after games about how playoff hockey is called.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis

To be fair the only goal your team scored tonight was deflected out front by the ref......

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
That was a great game and part of what makes playoff hockey so great. Other than the World Cup there is no other sport that can bring me to the edge of my seat regardless of if my team is playing or not. Great show Blues and Stars! Well done.:highclap:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Shhh we’re not allowed to acknowledge the Stars turtled like a team desperate for an overtime point, not until tomorrow morning.
Stars played great D and had great goal tending. I think they were waiting for the Blues to expend themselves and make a mistake. It almost worked. Several good chances for the Stars.

50/50 game

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Except it happens both ways, there were multiple hugely noticeable Stars penalties that were ignored too. There’s a reason players generally don’t complain after games about how playoff hockey is called.
And funny enough one of the blatant missed penalties in OT was a trip by Zuccarello that led to a rush for Dallas. Refs swallowed the whistles and called it consistently all game. I am fine with that since the alternative is often them f***ing it worse.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
And funny enough one of the blatant missed penalties in OT was a trip by Zuccarello that led to a rush for Dallas. Refs swallowed the whistles and called it consistently all game. I am fine with that since the alternative is often them ****ing it worse.
Agreed. No reason to have them call some bs and screw it up.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Great job Blues. You guys really poured it on these last two games. Play like that every night and the cup is yours.

Man, Blues and Stars fans were really going at it throughout this series, but it's nice to see the class shown by Blues fans on here. Ive gained a lot of respect for you guys after this.

Good series, and best of luck on your quest for the Cup.
Cheers, gents.

I’ve been a fan of Lindell for a while now, but this series was really a coming out party for Hintz and Heiskanen in a lot of ways. No doubt you all will be back here many more times in the coming years...the future is bright in Dallas.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Stars played great D and had great goal tending. I think they were waiting for the Blues to expend themselves and make a mistake. It almost worked. Several good chances for the Stars.

50/50 game
That’s generally what what happens when a Team turtles lol.

The stars roster is very similar to past editions of the team in that their talent overall is largely offensive, with defensive trouble historically trying to allow that offense to do their thing.
Despite having so much offensive talent, they only scored one goal tonight, which was arguably fairly flukey too. That’s less ‘playing great’, and more ‘staying alive’. They have such potent offensive talent tho, that they make the most of their chances (but still didn’t, really).

There’s different ways to look at the word “dominate”. Overall game, one more goal. Nobody dominated at “winning”.

But in terms of minute-by-minute play, the Blues flat out dominated large stretches of this game, while the Stars stayed alive. Without Bishop, this game almost certainly doesn’t go to OT. Even if it was an equally good, smaller goalie. It’s hard to think the blues couldn’t have squeeked in one more goal.

I don’t like using the word “deserved” exactly... but I’m very glad the Blues won, as an eastern fan. Much of tonight’s entertainment was just the context. The Stars are one of the more boring teams minutes by minute imo. I hate extra conservative hockey. Bishop kept his team in it.
In the future I expect they can play differently, but they’re not there yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad