Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: WCSF Game 6: Blues vs. Stars | 2 pm CT | NBC | Prepare Your Euology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I honestly think Parayko is afraid of hurting his own teammates with his shot.

Because damn, when's the last time we saw a guy break someone's foot and then injure a goalie with their shot in back-to-back series like he has?
I agree, in international tournaments where he's not playing with Blues teammates, he seems to let the cannon loose at a much higher rate

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
What happened to the Vince Dunn who looked like Shatty 2.0 in the regular season? Outside of his play on the Bozak goal in game 4 (?), he has looked like the stage is too big for him.
I think he is hitting a bit of a wall and may be dinged up a bit just like everyone is this time of year. This is the most extended professional hockey he's ever played in his life so I'm sure he's taxed mentally, and physically. It will be great experience for him going forward though.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
For as much grief as he gets from a not insignificant number of people on this board, Pietrangelo was pretty great yesterday.
yes it was a very good game for 27 and 19. entire D had good games, Dunn was probably the weakest.

i still want to see 55 on top PP firing slappers.

if blues play like they did sunday with a better performance on thePP and improve on their mediocre 2nd period that they played, good things will happen. they defended very well.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I think O’Reilly has a back injury, maybe shoulder. It stinks, but if the Blues can survive , any team they’ll face will have similar issues. Hopefully the Sharks / Avs series goes 7.

Yeah my guess has been shoulder from the Jets series when he took multiple huge hits within a few minutes. The pain and more limited range of mobility has really affected his face off battles.

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
So i rewatched the game which I’m sure is not uncommon but in the third before the infamous colt55 shot Petro let a shot go and Bishop went down, not like the colt shot but still. How can you blame the refs when he did it before in the same damn period!!!

Reactions: Halak Ness Monster

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
The play was allowed to continue because the Blues maintained possession of the puck. According to the NHL's Rule 8.1: "When a player is injured so that he cannot continue to play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the to injured player’s team has secured control of the puck. If the player’s team is in control of the puck at the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately unless his team is in a scoring position."

Referees have the option of stopping the play if the player is seriously hurt, but that wasn't applied in this case. He obviously continued in the net after the injury. Sammy Blais was spot on with his shot selection testing the same side that was hit by Parayko. That was brilliant and it payed off for Sammy.

Bishop will be in the nets for game 7.

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
I honestly think Parayko is afraid of hurting his own teammates with his shot.

Because damn, when's the last time we saw a guy break someone's foot and then injure a goalie with their shot in back-to-back series like he has?

He probably still has flash backs to when he almost killed Backes.

I know I haven't forgotten that one. If David's head was 3 inches to the right... He may not be playing hockey anymore. Shit, he may not even be walking if that one connected.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
The play was allowed to continue because the Blues maintained possession of the puck. According to the NHL's Rule 8.1: "When a player is injured so that he cannot continue to play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the to injured player’s team has secured control of the puck. If the player’s team is in control of the puck at the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately unless his team is in a scoring position."

Referees have the option of stopping the play if the player is seriously hurt, but that wasn't applied in this case. He obviously continued in the net after the injury. Sammy Blais was spot on with his shot selection testing the same side that was hit by Parayko. That was brilliant and it payed off for Sammy.

Bishop will be in the nets for game 7.

Blais went to the blocker side and Parayko caught Bishop on his glove side.

But I agree that it was a a great decision by Blais. Bishop didn't really look eager to get hit up high again (and I can't say I blame him that quickly after the fact).

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I must have watched Blais' goal 20 times yesterday. Kid is in his first NHL playoff game on a 2-0 and he decides to just rip a top titty roof daddy clapper on Vezina nominee Ben Bishop. Disgusting.
Especially considering he swung out wide and slowed down on a clear cut breakaway. He played that pretty much the exact opposite of how you should.

And I went from screaming “What are you doing ???!!”, to screaming “What a shot!!!!” :laugh:

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Great lede --

DALLAS -- Craig Berube didn't rack up 3,149 penalty minutes in 1,054 NHL games by being scared.
So when it came to the possibility of being eliminated by the Dallas Stars in Game 6 of the Western Conference Second Round on Sunday, it was not surprising that there were no signs of fear in his voice or on his face when he met with a handful of reporters about two hours prior to puck drop.

Reactions: STL BLUES

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
So i rewatched the game which I’m sure is not uncommon but in the third before the infamous colt55 shot Petro let a shot go and Bishop went down, not like the colt shot but still. How can you blame the refs when he did it before in the same damn period!!!
I remembered seeing that too; thought he was doing it again on Parayko's shot.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
The thing I like most about Blais goal is that prior to breaking out he nearly crushed Radulov as he was trying to enter the zone moving East/West. The Blues are getting smarter about taking that East/West crap away with force (recall Schenn in game 5 bombing Hintz). That said, I hope to not see another wide open Star on the weak side net front in game 7. Thankfully Benn whiffed on his chance or it could have been a different game.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
For as much grief as he gets from a not insignificant number of people on this board, Pietrangelo was pretty great yesterday.

Pietrangelo has been strong all playoffs long but he has been especially great the last 3 games. He's dominating Corsi and expected goal %.

We've always known Petro steps up in the playoffs. It has been no different this year.

Reactions: Bluesnatic27

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Watching highlights. Klingberg’s reaction to the Perron goal is hilarious. His first thought on how he got beat was that his stick was broken. :laugh:

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
It's not just the offense that's missing from ROR's game, his face off numbers haven't been good lately, either. Makes me think he has a hand or wrist injury.

I'm more inclined to think something in his core. His skating is slightly off as others have noted - I can't see how a hand injury detracts there as well.

His faceoff numbers and board work as well as his all-round ability would be compromised by any number of injuries that could be played through from torn obliques to bruised ribs which could easily have been caused by the hits he absorbed in the 1st round.

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
I don’t blame the refs at all for not blowing the play dead.

Stars players have been embellishing and now look at Bishop! He’s ready to go for tomorrow!!

He looked like he was about to die yesterday laying on the ice all soap opera like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad